• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

OT | Moving to Fort Worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricket1176

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi there! My family is getting ready to relocate from the Atlanta, GA area to Fort Worth. My husband works at Lockheed, so we want to be within 30 min. travel time from there.

Anyone have neighborhood suggestions?? We have girls, one in Elementary and one in Middle so the schools are important to us.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

~Melissa

BTW...we are leaving for FW on Saturday to do some house hunting.

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It also depends on your budget & the type neighbor/lifestyle you're looking for. I personal would not recommend the Keller area for many reasons,but the 1rst thing that pops in my mind would be fighting the traffic to get back & forth to Lockheed. Interstate 35 is never fun & 820 between I35 & Euless is gonna be a mess for several years. Keller does have a top rated ISD though.
Lot of folks commute from Aledo & Willow Park,west of Ft Worth, which would be about the same distance as Keller, but a 1/4 of the traffic & has that small town, country living charm. Weatherford is a little further west, still has the small town charm, but more restaurants, retail, etc.
If you want cultural homes, up scale dining, etc, look around the museum or hospital district. If your looking for a quick commute, Saginaw or Azle might be a good area to look around.
But, whatever you are looking for, we have a little bit of everything around Fort Worth. Good Luck

Last edited:

cricket1176

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thank you guys!

I was looking in the Keller area but I did have some concern about high population though. The good thing is that my husband works odd hours, 3pm-2am so he doesn't usually have to fight traffic.

We do like the small town feel, that's what we live in now. I just don't want to be too far away from everything and really have no idea about the Fort Worth area.

I will be looking in the North Fort Worth area, (Keller & Eagle Mt-Saginaw) and in Burleson & towards Weatherford. There are not too many homes available in the Aledo & Willow Park areas that we can comfortably afford, lol.

Last edited:

TXJason

Verified Member
Mar 4, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Thank you guys!

I was looking in the Keller area but I did have some concern about high population though. The good thing is that my husband works odd hours, 3pm-2am so he doesn't usually have to fight traffic.

We do like the small town feel, that's what we live in now. I just don't want to be too far away from everything and really have no idea about the Fort Worth area.

I will be looking in the North Fort Worth area, (Keller & Eagle Mt-Saginaw) and in Burleson & towards Weatherford. There are not too many homes available in the Aledo & Willow Park areas that we can comfortably afford, lol.

Kind of a late post but i just wanted to say i grew up in Saginaw and i still am in the area. It has always had to feel of a small town yet not too far from the city. It is getting bigger every year but its still a fairly small town. Its my hometown so im a bit biased. The schools around here are pretty good we used to have some of the highest scores around but not as much lately as was posted earlier. I will say that Keller is a fine choice but it is right there on FM1709 where there is always traffic going to and from Southlake/Grapevine area. The fact that your husband works at Lockheed i would say Aledo would be the wisest choice, and they have a great Highschool Football team which is really important to alot of us Texans :laugh:
Anyway that is my 2 cents, by the way i have a brother that lives in Tucker just outside of Atlanta, beautiful area.

cricket1176

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thank you all for the comments :) We had a great trip, thankfully we were not in the line of tornado damage...welcome to tornado country huh?

We found a house in Burleson that we fell in love with and they accepted our offer yesterday :D So now it's time for the fun part....HA!

BTW, even Burleson is bigger that what we are used to, but were 40 miles from Atlanta here, not 15 ;)

Ann_Marie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Arlington Texas
www.worldwidevape.com
There were even others from Burleson at the last meet!!! A group of girls from a Vet Clinic somewhere close to where you're moving!!! Vixen's is in Pantego, not that far away at all. So - you have local peeps / locals shops. And, I've always liked Burleson - I hope you guys do too :) (I didn't live there, but close my whole life)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread