Other benefits of vaping (Fun facts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperTaz

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Quebec, Canada
Cigarette butts and packaging are the most littered item in the world. Cigarette Butts comprise ~50% of all litters in North America alone (statisticbrain.com/littering-statistics). As of early 2013, there are roughly 5.5 trillion cigarettes being consumed globally per year. The governments spend billions of dollars around the world on collecting cigarette butts, but is only able to collect about 10% (0.55 trillion) of the total disposed by us. (cigwaste.org). So the other 90%, roughly 4.95 trillion filters (“butts”) are not disposed properly and are deposited somewhere in the environment worldwide. That's trillions of cigarettes flicked in our neighborhoods, beaches, nature trails, gardens, and other public places every single day.

Thank You for not smoking!

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Even when I smoked I was very conscientious of my waste. I always kept a .... tin and discarded them in it. Being a smoker does not mean you are automatically a litter bug. Leave no trace really is a thing. :)

Heck yes! I used to go camping with a 3" capped PVC pipe strapped to the outside of my pack. It had a glued cap on one end and a threaded plug on the other. I'd fill it with my cigarette butts and take it home with me.

I still have it in my garage, I need to either re-purpose it or get rid of it... hmmmm....

LeftofCenter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Front Royal, VA, USA
Heck yes! I used to go camping with a 3" capped PVC pipe strapped to the outside of my pack. It had a glued cap on one end and a threaded plug on the other. I'd fill it with my cigarette butts and take it home with me.

I still have it in my garage, I need to either re-purpose it or get rid of it... hmmmm....

This is a great idea, I may have to make up smaller versions for gifting at the next burn I go to! Thanks for the idea! :)

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
A few years ago, I stopped at a rest area in Utah or Nevada for my hourly smoke. I noticed the area covered with butts as I walked around enjoying my smoke. A guy there asked what I thought of the rest area and I mentioned all the butts. He said he was the area manager for the rest area and here I was with my smoke about ready to contribute to the collection. I had already noticed that they had no place to put out a smoke and deposit the butts, so suggested to him that they put a couple in each rest area. He seemed to agree, I put my smoke out on the bottom of my shoe, and carried it back to my car and put it in our trash bag.

I haven't been back to that part of the country since, but have always wondered if they got some ".... containers" and/or if they are being used.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I used to keep a fast food cup half filled and would use that to dispose my butts in...until one day I sipped out of it:oops:

I used to store my butts in a Monster Energy drink can with the closable lid. And yes, I did confuse the .... can with real can once or twice. :::shiver:::

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ
I have been to many public "venues" where they did have the big red .... cans available. The shame was that usually the ground within just a few feet of the can would be littered up with butts. Whenever I saw that I always thought....can some people really be that lazy and inconsiderate? Well, we all know the answer to that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread