Status
Not open for further replies.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I should start by saying I haven't smoked a cigarette in almost 14 years so this is definitely unrelated to analog smoking and definitely related to vaping.

In the past couple of days I get a burning sensation when I inhale. It's very specific, in the airway on the right side of my chest maybe an inch or so down below the bend of my clavicle (if that makes sense). Last night I just did mouth hits and today I didn't vape at all until around 2PM just to see if it would go away, and that first hit was downright painful. It's a little better now but I can tell it's still there and if I don't go easy, it'll start up again.

I've been mostly vaping Suicide Bunny's Mother's Milk and The OB, and threw some Big Willy's Custard in at one point (all 6mg). I was out of town this week in SF and used my Dripper Pro with Mother's Milk almost exclusively. Maybe I was just doing too many deep lung inhales because I was often vaping outside or something... but I've been home for a couple of days and it's dismaying to think that something I'm vaping, or even the way I've been vaping, would cause my airway to get so irritated. It really sucks. :( I have to carefully mouth hit, then French inhale very gently. I'm using the same setups I always do. Rebuilds with Stormy's Readywire at 1.2ohms wrapped on XC-116 from rbasupplies (and I boil and torch the hell out of it before using just in case), running around 3.0-3.2 volts, so it shouldn't be heat related. It feels like my airway is burnt! I don't like to constantly French inhale because then my sinuses get irritated. :facepalm:

Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited:

mywindow

May 21, 2013
Denver, CO, USA
I experienced chest pains a couple of months after I started vaping and it lasted for weeks. I think it was a minor case of pneumonia (???). Since then I have stopped vaping and walking at the same time and am generally more conscious of how I inhale. I have also upped the nicotine to 24mg and vape less. (ie went from 2.5ml a day to 1+ml). I'm not sure if my solution is relevant to the real cause or applicable to others. But I have had no negative health issues since and my lungs feel better then ever.
-
My inhale technique is:
Gently inhale for 5-8 seconds into my mouth.
Slowly transfer to lungs.
Hold for a second and gently exhale allowing some to come threw the nose.
Repeat twice.
Rinse with a drink.

Lookingglass

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
USA
PG does this to me!!! I thought I was the only one! It didn't happen all at once. I started on 50/50 liquid...all was fine, then my mouth got really dry, then my chest started to hurt. I stopped lung inhaling everything, moved to high VG liquid, and now I can take lung hits with no pain. I'd read about others getting a "heavy chest" w:high VG juices; I seem to have the opposite problem.

Last edited:

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Hmmm, I haven't seemed to have a sensitivity to PG but, I don't usually vape the same juice all the time - I work from home so I chain-vape all day and rotate between several juices depending on my mood. The trip to SF (4 days) was really the first time I was vaping the same juice all the time. I wonder if it was the Mother's Milk. I've switched for tonight to The Gentleman's Reserve from The Steam Co. in a tank (Sophia in a Slim Tank Pro) and everything seems fine. I usually only vape Mother's Milk in a tank, but I was dripping it for 4 days straight. I will drip it later and see what happens. :) I wonder if that's what it was!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread