Oumier VLS RDA (The vert builder's dream?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Hey you all, here's a uniquely designed rda geared for those who love vertical build performance but need easier wicking. The bottom comes off the build deck of this atty so you can pull your wicks right through the bottom of the deck to trim of your starter twist!! Single or dual verts and horizontal builds appear to be easy peasy.
25mm, thru-post side airflow, 1.5ml juice well, comes with squonk pin and it looks like it'll handle 4mm coils between the posts.

OUMIER-VLS-RDA_02_dccf56.jpg

OUMIER-VLS-RDA_06_2f2ae4.jpg

For more info see:
https://www.heavengifts.com/product/OUMIER-VLS-RDA.html

I should be receiving one in a week or two so be looking for a performance review here.

Cig

Last edited:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
But as I see it, in dual coil mode you have to run the airflow fully open, if you want to have it directed straight on to the coils, right?

Yes, no inner sleeve on the top cap so no afc when configured as shown in the build image on the far right (dual verts). Maybe two smaller vert coils tucked inboard between the posts would work. Or perhaps just selecting coils that match full airflow would be fine when mounting outboard. I'm looking forward to experimenting with this atty and hoping that coil configuration options aren't limited too much, that would kind of defeat the purpose of the design. As long as 3mm or larger coils fit comfortably between the posts I think this atty shows some promise.
Also, there are no pics or mention of a domed top cap...... fingers crossed.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
After watching that video I believe that the VLS really is designed more as a single coil RDA. It's really not my cup of tea but for under $20 I might eventually pick one up.

24mm single coil attys aren't my cup either, not like 22mm anyway. It may take 30 builds to find out what works for me. :blink:

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I have mine coming in from Eciggity right now I picked it up for $22 shipped with the 10% off coupon code. Also Mike Vapes does a vertical build on his and I'm suprised at how sweet this looks I love how you can disassemble the bottom so
You can easily pull the cotton through your vertical coils

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I have mine coming in from Eciggity right now I picked it up for $22 shipped with the 10% off coupon code. Also Mike Vapes does a vertical build on his and I'm suprised at how sweet this looks I love how you can disassemble the bottom so
You can easily pull the cotton through your vertical coils

Thanks for the vid @Sed8op8. Looks like we're in for a flavor treat! I'll take flavor over draw any day but like Mike said, if we want more airflow with the vert build we can easily drill out the top cap air holes.

• Agree
Reactions: mimöschen

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
J
Thanks for the vid @Sed8op8. Looks like we're in for a flavor treat! I'll take flavor over draw any day but like Mike said, if we want more airflow with the vert build we can easily drill out the top cap air holes.
ya I'm pretty excited after running my lucid RDA for the past couple weeks I'm really looking forward to this. I love my lucid but for some reason I am not getting the super amazing flavor from it that everyone is reporting. I have put 10 plus builds in it and have been following everyone's advice pulling my coils right out to the airflow slots. It's got super dense vapor and the flavor is really good but not blowing me away. I'm hoping for a home run with the VLS

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I've heard great things about the Lucid too but never pulled the trigger on that one. I get what you're saying, I have several attys that were touted as flavor bombs by others but I could never make it happen, even with their build specs. I also have several killer flavor attys that others weren't impressed with. I guess all of our tongue buddies are a little different.
I look forward to your performance review on this one Sed.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Just ordered two VLS’s my old Origen V2’s are still my favorite vertical coil RDA’s, but kind of a PIA to build. Hopefully I can retire the old Origens
Right on Partspro, I look foward to hearing your thoughts on the VLS. Welcome to the thread.

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar