OUMIER WASP NANO RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the WASP NANO rta from Oumier. The Oumier Wasp Nano rta was supplied for the purpose of this review by Pearl from Cigabuy.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-oumier...14131.html

Introduction

Oumier hit the ground running with the Wasp nano rda proving that a quality vape could be achieved at a very low price and since they have continued that philosophy with great results. Following the Wasp Nano RDTA the Wasp Nano RTA is the third product in the Wasp product range and has the same expected low price point. With no bubble glass available it does seem aimed at the European market but the big question is, yes it is cheap but does it give the quality vape of previous products? Let's find out!

In The Box

Contents:

1 x OUMIER WASP NANO RTA
1 x Spare Parts
1 x Organic Cotton
1 x Coil
1 x Extra Glass Tube

Aesthetics

The Wasp Nano RTA comes in standard cardboard packaging which clearly shows the colour you have received by the pictured product on the box. I received the Stainless Steel version which has a very shiny Chrome like look to it which goes very well with the translucent clear coloured Chuff/top-cap. The other versions are Gold, Rainbow and Black, all colours in my opinion look rather nice. From an aesthetics point of view i think the Wasp Nano will appeal to many even if when handling it does feel it's not made of the greatest materials it certainly looks the part. the Nano is 23mm in diameter and is quite short at 35mm and through the straight glass the Wasp logo can be seen cleanly etched onto the chamber in impressive detail. The airflow control is tri-cyclops with stopper and has slight textured design. The base has again very clean etching in the form of safety marks and the Wasp logo, the Gold plated 510 protrudes slightly but not what i would consider hybrid safe.

Wasp Nano RTA Specs and Features:

Diameter: 23mm
Height: 35mm
Made of high quality SS304
2ml tank capacity
Deck for easy single coil building
Unique adjustable bottom airflow system
Top refill design & PCTG drip tip
510 threading connection
Colours: Stainless Steel, Gold, Rainbow, Black

It's Various Parts

Up top we have an all in one chuff cap/top-cap which screws onto the tank via the threading inside the top of the air pipe. The treading is silky smooth which is a great job as it's plastic threaded onto metal so their is a big question mark with how it will stand up to time and would of been a lot better if the top-cap had a metal piece with the threading on. I do like the look of the chuff cap but it's a big con that it's a proprietary set-up so other drip tips can't be used. We then have the juice port ring section with attached air pipe and chamber. The juice port section is a metal plate and has 2 very generous kidney shaped juice ports. The glass fits to this section very securely with the aid of an o-ring, you do get another 2ml spare straight glass but no higher capacity option. The base section consists of the airflow system and raised single coil deck, the airflow control ring is tri-cyclops and can be removed for cleaning purposes. When screwing the tank together the deck screws onto the chamber and yet again we have very smooth threading comparable to far more expensive tanks.

The Airflow

The specs listed are the manufacturers specs and features so although it states "Unique adjustable bottom airflow system" their is absolutely nothing unique about it and it adjusts in the usual manner but does have tri inlets rather than dual but that's getting quite common now. The majority of the Post sections on the deck is for the airflow outlets, the air comes in through the adjustable tri-cyclops and up a channel inside both posts and out the outlets directed at the lower sides and underneath the coil. Because the coil is positioned between the large post sections the air is condensed into a small area and when it meets from both sides is forced upwards wrapping around the coil so although only the lower sides and bottom of the coil is getting direct airflow the whole coil is getting coverage. The deck sits high in the chamber which has a domed ceiling, also with the post sections taking up a lot of room the chamber is very reduced and the coil is closer than with a lot of RTA's (also helped by it's low height) to the mouth all of which should help with the flavour produced.

The Deck and Build

The deck is raised up from a flat base section so will be wicked GTA style. As mentioned either side we have very large posts which include the airflow outlets and have the terminals on one end of each post. Your coil legs slide in from the sides and the terminals have an outer lip so while fixing in place your legs will not pop out, this is an extremely easy single coil build. Feed both legs into the terminals then while keeping the coil central simply screw the flathead screws down from above. If the coil isn't positioned perfectly then just use a coiling rod or fit for purpose tool to manipulate into the ideal position. There is plenty of room to snip your leads and the terminal section of the posts are indented from the rest of the section so you can easily snip your legs short enough so their is no chance of them touching the chamber once fitted. As mentioned it's similar to wicking a GTA style deck but we just have half circular cutouts for wicking ports so you need to apply e-liquid to your cotton ends before positioning in place and tuck far enough in to give clearance for the chamber to be threaded over, all very simple.

My Experience Using The Wasp Nano RTA

I tried 2 builds in the Wasp Nano including using the supplied coil which is the build pictured. No specs are given for the coil but its a 3.0ID fused clapton which came out at 0.20ohms which i would normally be at about 55w but in the Nano it kicked ... at just 35w giving cloud production that would make you think i was at 80w. Cloud though isn't the Nano's best asset it's a little flavour beast but as i found out with my other build vaping at 55w not so much over the 50w mark. Over 50w and the flavour is good but not up there with the very best flavour RTA's but between 25w and 40w it gives at least as good flavour as the Gear which is an RTA i love. The vape is on the warm side which will be to a lot of peoples liking but at the low wattage's that see the Wasp Nano at it's best it doesn't get uncomfortable and the chuff cap stays reasonably cool. I did think spitting with a fresh build could be an issue but with both my builds i had no spitting whatsoever, also with the airflow outlets being on the side of the posts i suffered no leaking. The airflow is a restrictive lung hit but not over restrictive, i had it half open for the restriction i like. The Wasp Nano isn't a quiet RTA but it isn't loud enough to be a con, it just seems to purr. The only real negative is that for those outside the EU and those that sort larger capacity, 2ml is the only option so i did find myself forever filling the tank.

Build quality beyond it's price point
Aesthetically pleasing
Very smooth threading
4 colour options
Very easy build
Low wattage restrictive DL vape
Very good flavour (best between 25w and 40w)
Very good cloud production
Large fill ports
Included spare glass
Included coil and cotton
Suffered no spitting
Suffered no leaking
Inexpensive

Cons

2ml capacity only option, constantly filling
Proprietary Chuff/top-cap, can't use other drip tips
Question mark over longevity of plastic threading on top-cap
Included coil specs not given

I would once again like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy for supplying the Oumier Wasp Nano RTA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-oumier...14131.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread