Our Member, Frubbish to give ABC TV News Interview on E-Cigs Tomorrow - Let’s Wish Frubbish Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDMickey

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Denver, CO, USA
Hey Bizzy!..great news - good luck in your interview too!..
(keep vaping all nite so you really get into the swing of it..!)

It's just perfect..our only 2 Denver members and both stepped up! Congrats!

**Ahem** I know I'm a n00b, but I'm a Denver member too! :( Anyways, I don't own a TV, but I'll look forward to seeing it online. Who knows, I may go out of my way to watch the news tomorrow!

Cheers,
-Mickey

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
**Ahem** I know I'm a n00b, but I'm a Denver member too! :( Anyways, I don't own a TV, but I'll look forward to seeing it online. Who knows, I may go out of my way to watch the news tomorrow!

Cheers,
-Mickey

Holy crap! You don't own a TV but you have the Internet? Talk about a technological shift! That's awesome!

(I'm a Systems Engineer....so this surprised me. Sorry if it's way offtopic....)

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida

Cheers,
-Mickey

Mickey--List your location so it shows up--it would have helped for the story--that is why it is good to at least list what State you are in---Sun

Calaban

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Newmarket, NH USA
Good luck!

I have one request, if I may....

Please be honest.

Let's not try to spin e-cigs in a more positive light than they deserve. Of course we all want some positive coverage for once, given that most of the coverage out there is undeservedly negative and completely inaccurate. But to my mind, it's more important to get the FACTS out there and be truthful than it is to rally support for the cause (even though I want lots of support for vaping).

We don't want to stoop to the level of some reports out there, written by obvious anti-smokers who have already made up their minds, who inaccurately report on e-cigs simply to support their own view. The truth is best.....even if there are unanswered questions.

We don't want to give ammo to any anti-e-cig people who might use it against us later, claiming we are not being truthful. That's what THEY do.

Just thoughts :)

Again, good luck and make us proud!!!

-Cal

Calaban

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Newmarket, NH USA
To all --not to worry. No jawboning this time--a lot of effort went into the understanding the Research that was done and how to interpet it. Also the Reporter has a full rundown in advance of all the pertainent information--so there will be no misinformation this time by either side----Sun

Very glad to hear this :D

Can't wait to see it...I hope there's a link to it sometime.

-C

KDMickey

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Denver, CO, USA
Mickey--List your location so it shows up--it would have helped for the story--that is why it is good to at least list what State you are in---Sun

Sorry about that--I'd forgotten that I hadn't entered any info about myself on this forum!

Anyways, I just got my first e-cig in the mail on Tues. and my second on Wed.--a 901 and a M401. I love the 401!

I e-mailed the reporter and she said she had two interviews lined up for Thurs. but would contact me if she wanted to do a follow up story. I don't know, though, I don't really trust reporters.

I remember, when I was in junior high, I had a teacher whose baby was born prematurely. A Denver news channel asked to use the baby's image in a story about premature babies, and this teacher consented. Anyways, the story ended up being about premature babies born to smoking mothers, when this baby's mother did not even smoke!

Oh, I don't know if the interview will be live or not, but if it's not, remember, you have the right to say that you want certain quotes omitted or that you want to re-shoot certain parts. Please choose your words carefully, so that even completely out of context it can't seem like you're putting a negative spin on e-cigs. I just don't trust the media, you know?

Good luck and thank you.

Cheers,
-Mickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread