Our Member, Frubbish to give ABC TV News Interview on E-Cigs Tomorrow - Let’s Wish Frubbish Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamist

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Pacific Northwest, WA USA
If I recall correctly, that FDA spokeswoman made a statement that they were illegal just last week. It seemed a more 'off-the-cuff' statement, and not an official policy... that's how it appeared to me, anyway.

That's what I recall as well.
It's troubling that it seems to be morphing in the media from that into it being reported there's a full-on ban.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I felt it went pretty well...I tend to ramble a bit, so hopefully they will cut some of that part;) There were a couple of questions that she asked me that set off alarms in my head, and I am really hoping she not going to put a negative spin on the story..

The questions that had me wondering were basically:
"Aren't you worried about the health risks?" and "These are banned by the FDA and illegal to sell/buy here, doesn't that worry you?" (I told her, that from what I have read, they are NOT illegal, and fall into a gray area, as they are unregulated--Hopefully I didn't miss a post/News story somewhere;/).

Frubbish--Great Job--You were armed for that question about health as there are only studies that show encouraging results compared to cigarettes that will kill you. The legallity question was not really one for you as a consumers, it was out of your scope, and should have not been asked, when they are being sold in stores such as Walgreens and Pilot, and at malls with the Smokeeverywhere--so hopefully that does not rear itself--Great job and thanks again---Sun

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Good to have an e-smoker's input as part of a TV report. But the very questions assure you that those issues will be part of the story. It won't be a puff piece, making e-smoking seem to be the great answer to smoking diseases. Who knows The Truth? If she does a good reporting/editing job, it will be fair. That's what we should hope for in all press reports.

And really ... there is no "correct" answer to health and legal questions. They are unanswered for all. We believe in what we do and Frubbish no doubt made that point from an e-smoker's vantage. We're not idiots and we've chosen to e-smoke. Others can make the same choice if they so choose.

Congrats on doing the interview, Frubbish.

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
--the airing time is 10:15 PM MT --See www.thedenverchannel.com

i believe Frubbish said TOMMORROW though...

Frubbish, i'msure you did as good a job as you could within the circumstances you were in.. those questions gave me a slight bit of pause myself in my thinking of the positive/negative outcome of this piece..

can't have been easy sitting there and having it pointed out to others around you that you were obnoxiously poisoning their airspace. (their opine.. far from mine)

let's hope for the best of outcomes.. and again Frubbish... thank you for standing up for us and taking the fire.. is much needed and appreciated :)

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
i believe Frubbish said TOMMORROW though...

Frubbish, i'msure you did as good a job as you could within the circumstances you were in.. those questions gave me a slight bit of pause myself in my thinking of the positive/negative outcome of this piece..

can't have been easy sitting there and having it pointed out to others around you that you were obnoxiously poisoning their airspace. (their opine.. far from mine)

let's hope for the best of outcomes.. and again Frubbish... thank you for standing up for us and taking the fire.. is much needed and appreciated :)

I got another e-mail from Jacklyn and she said the airing time is 10:15 PM MT on Friday--See www.thedenverchannel.com --Sun

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
ABC News Denver, Channel 7 News.

Jaclyn told me the report would air Mar. 20th, 2009, 10 o'clock news (Mtn. Std. Time).

She says the segment is scheduled to air at 10:15pm MST.

I was nervous as all get out but I did my best to be positive :D

Hopefully they edited out all my stammering. :oops:

I'll try to get a video of the segment posted on my webpage but a low res clip will be on their news website, from what she told me. http://www.thedenverchannel.com/

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
ABC News Denver, Channel 7 News.

Jaclyn told me the report would air Mar. 20th, 2009, 10 o'clock news (Mtn. Std. Time).

She says the segment is scheduled to air at 10:15pm MST.

I was nervous as all get out but I did my best to be positive :D

Hopefully they edited out all my stammering. :oops:

I'll try to get a video of the segment posted on my webpage but a low res clip will be on their news website, from what she told me. Denver News, Denver, Colorado News, Weather, and Sports - KMGH Denver's Channel 7

Bizzy--We are sure you did a great job!! Thanks--What kind of questions did you get? Thanks--Sun

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Bizzy--We are sure you did a great job!! Thanks--What kind of questions did you get? Thanks--Sun

I got the usual questions, how do they compare to real cigs, describing how they work, do you feel safe, should they be regulated by the FDA, have you smoked them in public places, what kinds of reaction have I got. Then she had me take it apart and then show her how to drip :p She actually seemed really curious about it. She really got a kick out of me calling real cigs "analogs" and then at me saying, "When tobacco companies look at e-cigs, they see their profits going up in vapor."® :rolleyes:

When I vaped she could smell it (spearmint from TrueVapor.com, that's why :D). Then they had me vape into the light and get angled shots for teaser clips and lead-ins. The reporter is a lot hotter in person than the pic on her News 7 page. She's like 5' 3" and about 120lbs, petite frame. I did my best not to gawk, considering my wife was standing off to the side, hehe.

It was kinda fun. Hoping for a fair report, which also means it'll be pointed out that the FDA is concerned about e-cigs.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I got the usual questions, how do they compare to real cigs, describing how they work, do you feel safe, should they be regulated by the FDA, have you smoked them in public places, what kinds of reaction have I got. Then she had me take it apart and then show her how to drip :p She actually seemed really curious about it. She really got a kick out of me calling real cigs "analogs" and then at me saying, "When tobacco companies look at e-cigs, they see their profits going up in vapor."® :rolleyes:

When I vaped she could smell it (spearmint from TrueVapor.com, that's why :D). Then they had me vape into the light and get angled shots for teaser clips and lead-ins. The reporter is a lot hotter in person than the pic on her News 7 page. She's like 5' 3" and about 120lbs, petite frame. I did my best not to gawk, considering my wife was standing off to the side, hehe.

It was kinda fun. Hoping for a fair report, which also means it'll be pointed out that the FDA is concerned about e-cigs.

Bizzy--sounds like you did one hell of a job--landed a few punches for the team!!!! Appreciated Buzz-----Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread