Our Member, Frubbish to give ABC TV News Interview on E-Cigs Tomorrow - Let’s Wish Frubbish Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
OMG! It sounds like you choked!! (Yes, I am joking.)

Sounds like you did wonderful. The "stammering" bit, if they leave it in, will only help to show you as a consumer and human being. So, don't think it will be negative in anyway.

Now, if you were say...Obama, and started to stammer, people might suspect something...oh wait, he does that too. :)

Good job. Looking forward to the report airing! I hope it's online soon.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Thanks guys and gals.

Btw, I have a friend here who e-smokes but he totally wasn't going to do an interview :p

His favorite e-cig is a DES-901 but he was impressed with my JOYE306A :D

I hate how I look on camera and I hate hearing how my voice sounds when played back, so the worst isn't over for me… yet 8-o

puff-puff-pass

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Alberta
If that was the full transcript, then she missed asking alot of questions and ommitting major PRO points...such as "not inhaling 4000 chemicals at once."

I really really hope that isnt the full transcript :(:(

GOD BLESS FREE SPEECH AND THE INTERNET.
At the bottom of the transript is a BLOG section....We should all sign up and blog their site like its never been bloged before!!! Speak your minds. Share the Knowledge!! Open their eyes to the truth

Last edited:

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
If that was the full transcript, then she missed asking alot of questions and ommitting major PRO points...such as "not inhaling 4000 chemicals at once."

I really really hope that isnt the full transcript :(:(

GOD BLESS FREE SPEECH AND THE INTERNET.
At the bottom of the transript is a BLOG section....We should all sign up and blog their site like its never been bloged before!!! Speak your minds. Share the Knowledge!! Open their eyes to the truth

I mentioned to her about the fact that it doesn't have the 4000 poisonous chemicals that "analogs" do. Several times.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Bizzy--I hope you are going to set the record straight at least for us after this airs so that we know how much "cherry picking" was done--thanks Bizzy----Sun

None of the quoted individuals in that article are me!!

My name is Chris Costa-- so I think that news blurb was done days ago but only posted today.

That must have been someone who she interviewed earlier this week.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
None of the quoted individuals in that article are me!!

My name is Chris Costa-- so I think that news blurb was done days ago but only posted today.

That must have been someone who she interviewed earlier this week.

Sorry Bizz--what I meant was when they air Tomm night--let us know what they chopped off or skewed or slanted---Thanks Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
I'm waiting for the visual.

Unfortunately, all the "societies" will be very skeptical. The heart association, the cancer society...just don't forget that those groups deal with extremely bad situations all day long and they own the reports on cancer and heart disease..etc.

So, they'll say the safest thing possible.

But I don't think they ever came out about SUV's and carbon monoxide poisoning....

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Remember guys. What ever is going to be posted or edited in any news article, it isn't necessarily the reporter's decision. It's whatever "the powers that be" want to be known to the public.
This subject seems very controversial in every news report so far..Heh maybe ABC is looking for bidders (not to be taken seriously)
Most definitely want to know which direction they're going to tomorrow night.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
This one is from International News Briefs | The Uniter: Winnipeg’s Weekly Urban Journal
March 18th 2009
International News Briefs
Compiled by Brooke Dmytriw (Volunteer)

Trying to quit? Have an e-cigarette

WASHINGTON: The American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is trying to fight the spread of the world’s first electronic cigarette across the United States.

The e-cig, touted as the world’s first healthy cigarette, runs on batteries and contains pure liquid nicotine. Its distributor, Smoking Everywhere, says it is similar to the nicotine patch but allows reformers the oral fixation smoking provides.

The FDA views e-cigs as an unapproved new drug due to the lack of scientific research on its safety or effectiveness. It is trying to stop their import into the U.S., but isn’t seizing the products already sold online and in 100 kiosks across the country.

According to CNN, e-cigs are already gaining popularity in Switzerland, Sweden, Brazil and the UK.

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
Remember guys. What ever is going to be posted or edited in any news article, it isn't necessarily the reporter's decision. It's whatever "the powers that be" want to be known to the public.
This subject seems very controversial in every news report so far..Heh maybe ABC is looking for bidders (not to be taken seriously)
Most definitely want to know which direction they're going to tomorrow night.

so far the only mainstream media that has done a fairly unbiased story on ecigs seems to be Dr. Gupta's story on CNN.. the good news is he preoved it CAN be done fairly.. the bad news is doesn't seem that the other outlets WANT to follow suit

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
This one is from International News Briefs | The Uniter: Winnipeg’s Weekly Urban Journal
March 18th 2009
International News Briefs
Compiled by Brooke Dmytriw (Volunteer)

Trying to quit? Have an e-cigarette

WASHINGTON: The American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is trying to fight the spread of the world’s first electronic cigarette across the United States.

The e-cig, touted as the world’s first healthy cigarette, runs on batteries and contains pure liquid nicotine. Its distributor, Smoking Everywhere, says it is similar to the nicotine patch but allows reformers the oral fixation smoking provides.

The FDA views e-cigs as an unapproved new drug due to the lack of scientific research on its safety or effectiveness. It is trying to stop their import into the U.S., but isn’t seizing the products already sold online and in 100 kiosks across the country.

According to CNN, e-cigs are already gaining popularity in Switzerland, Sweden, Brazil and the UK.

Thanks for the post--Seems like the FDA is set to go in motion--glad to know I will get to keep my Pensytle as they are not going to confiscate it---Sun

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Thanks for the post--Seems like the FDA is set to go in motion--glad to know I will get to keep my Pensytle as they are not going to confiscate it---Sun

Indeed good sir. I know its been said a thousand times by now, but this is rediculous that we can lose our right to do something thats actually safer in this world for the cause of $$$. I say $$$ because they're trying to attack the ingredients in the liquid now.

Liggett, which broke with the industry by signing the first settlements ever with states and private attorneys suing it, supports the Massachusetts effort as well. "Liggett believes that its adult consumers have a right to full disclosure," Liggett head Bennett S. LeBow said in a statement. Along with blended tobacco and water, the 26-item L&M list includes high fructose corn syrup, sugar, natural and artificial licorice flavor, menthol, artificial milk chocolate and natural chocolate flavor, valerian root extract, molasses and vanilla extracts, and cedarwood oil. Less familiar additives include glycerol, propylene glycol, isovaleric acid, hexanoic acid and 3-methylpentanoic acid.
http://www.quitsmokingsupport.com/whatsinit.htm

Did we miss something here?

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Indeed good sir. I know its been said a thousand times by now, but this is rediculous that we can lose our right to do something thats actually safer in this world for the cause of $$$. I say $$$ because they're trying to attack the ingredients in the liquid now.

Liggett, which broke with the industry by signing the first settlements ever with states and private attorneys suing it, supports the Massachusetts effort as well. "Liggett believes that its adult consumers have a right to full disclosure," Liggett head Bennett S. LeBow said in a statement. Along with blended tobacco and water, the 26-item L&M list includes high fructose corn syrup, sugar, natural and artificial licorice flavor, menthol, artificial milk chocolate and natural chocolate flavor, valerian root extract, molasses and vanilla extracts, and cedarwood oil. Less familiar additives include glycerol, propylene glycol, isovaleric acid, hexanoic acid and 3-methylpentanoic acid.
What's In a Cigarette, 599 Ingredients in a Cigarette

Did we miss something here?

Ikenmoke--You did not miss a beat. This is a backward stance at best by the American Cancer Society and the FDA--ie; "there is no evidence, so go smoke cigarettes, as we are banning the device that has no evidence that it is good for you and continuing to let you use the cigarettes we know will kill you"-----So no, you did not miss anything my friend at all---Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread