Our Member, Frubbish to give ABC TV News Interview on E-Cigs Tomorrow - Let’s Wish Frubbish Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida

JJames68

Jan 25, 2009
Electronic Cigarettes: Are They Safe? - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver
says it was posted today, but seems like the same news of late.

I always like these kinda comments

Electronic Cigarettes: Are They Safe? - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

"“It’s not worth the risk because, in our opinion, the only cigarette that’s safe is the one that you don’t smoke,” said Dianna Hemphill, with the American Cancer Society."

so what do the American Cancer Society recommend, a analog cigarette or the e-cig, those are the only real choices for many smokers - notice they always avoid saying that a analog cigarette is better for you then a e-cig - where was the FDA when the firesafe carpet glue stuff was added to analogs? that can't be good to breath in can it?

"the only cigarette that’s safe is the one that you don’t smoke"

oh, and I guess they missed the point that you do not SMOKE a e-cigarette

and no mention of 2nd or 3rd hand smoke? they been telling us for years that 2nd hand smoke is worse then smoking

Last edited:

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
Chokmah--good find to clarify:

"There are approximately 4000 chemicals in cigarettes, hundreds of which are toxic." Id.

To bad my VG and flavoring has maybe 15 chemicals total at most---I really want the 4000 the FDA is mandating I should defacto go smoke----Sun
It doesn't clarify, it repeats anti hype, and each part of their site discussion has completely different numbers just on that one site. Water... h2o, hydrogen, oxygen OMG IT'S GOT THREE CHEMICALS!! Wait until they break down the frightening chemical content of an organic rutabaga.

Reading anti/info sites whether scientific or not, they can't make up their minds. SHS has 250 toxic chemicals. But no wait, 600 carcinogens! No, 599 additives! 50 carcinogens! 4000 carcinogens. No, 4000 just plain chemicals. No no, 4000 poisons. 600 toxins! blahdeblahblahblah

I'm not ranting at you personally, I'm ranting at the fact that the anti culture has even us spinning fantastical numbers they can't manage to agree on amongst themselves, and I'm frustrated that we help spread the mythology, here, on thread after thread. It's not a majority of smokers that die of smoking diseases - how is that possible with those numbers as presented and the FEAR they are supposed to engender? I always say, cigarettes are bad enough, evil enough even, without having to lie about them.

I'll bet folks won't like the same scare tactic slight-of-hand when they apply it to ecig WHAT'S IN THAT numbers. It's not going to be 15, using the same criteria. Just breaking down 'tobacco essence' is likely to push it into triple digits. PRIMER CHEMICALS OH NOZ!!!

Thanks for listening.

/rant

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Thanks again Sun. I really wish we had a member from FDA or Cancer society on this forum. They want tests? Well here they are, All the info and feedback from the Entire world. Not to mention Test subjects since 2007.
Its a complete Shame that they see us as a *what was the word* CULT? It's funny when a huge mass that really doesnt have that much political power agree on something is called.
Everytime I read on in these subjects, my mind can't help to play Yoko'ono's hit track.

So what I'm really trying to say is,
Would anyone care for some Chicken's blood and a few Massive orgies?

Last edited:

ChainSmkr

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
USA
Best of luck and a great opportunity to educate the mis-informed. The good outweighs the bad. Since nicotine seems to be the main controversy, you may want to cover the nic content delivered per puff compared to an analog. I'm confident that most of us watch our nic levels and vape responsibly since our ultimate goal is to wean ourselves down to 0 nic.

Becky

Mar 7, 2009
Thanks again Sun. I really wish we had a member from FDA or Cancer society on this forum. They want tests? Well here they are, All the info and feedback from the Entire world. Not to mention Test subjects since 2007.
Its a complete Shame that they see us as a *what was the word* CULT? It's funny when a huge mass that really doesnt have that much political power agree on something is called.
Everytime I read on in these subjects, my mind can't help to play Yoko'ono's hit track.

So what I'm really trying to say is,
Would anyone care for some Chicken's blood and a few Massive orgies?
I feel you on that... I wish everyone would just try it for themselves and they'll know that we are right. People can make anything up these days just to get their ways.... We will not give up!

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I feel you on that... I wish everyone would just try it for themselves and they'll know that we are right. People can make anything up these days just to get their ways.... We will not give up!

Becky--ikenmoke is right here about a "Cult". This whole dillema with the FDA has got me feeling like we are doing something wrong and are members of some "down under radical group" rather then just stopping smoking--this is insane.

The patches do not work, the gum is a joke, and the pills are terrible (nightmares). So along comes this think and I have to feel "dirty" using it--that is just not right-------Sun

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Becky--ikenmoke is right here about a "Cult". This whole dillema with the FDA has got me feeling like we are doing something wrong and are members of some "down under radical group" rather then just stopping smoking--this is insane.

The patches do not work, the gum is a joke, and the pills are terrible (nightmares). So along comes this think and I have to feel "dirty" using it--that is just not right-------Sun

Well said Sun! If I remember correctly, Big tobacco is the source that produces all these Quiting smoking experimental failures.
Omg the pills,
Side effect: dementia

Becky

Mar 7, 2009

Alright fine bring on the ORGIES!

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Well said Sun! If I remember correctly, Big tobacco is the source that produces all these Quiting smoking experimental failures.
Omg the pills,
Side effect: dementia

I like the logic--no evidence the e-cig is safe--so just use Chantix as this "drug" went though all the requsite testing and is apporved --no need to worry about what it can do to you like:
SYSTEM ORGAN CLASS High Level Group Term Preferred TermCHANTIX
0.5 mg BID
N=129CHANTIX
1 mg BID
N=821Placebo
N=805GASTROINTESTINALGI Signs and Symptoms Nausea163010 Abdominal Pain*575 Flatulence963 Dyspepsia553 Vomiting152GI Motility/Defecation Conditions Constipation583 Gastroesophageal reflux disease110Salivary Gland Conditions Dry mouth464PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERSSleep Disorder/Disturbances Insomnia **191813 Abnormal dreams9135 Sleep disorder253 Nightmare210NERVOUS SYSTEMHeadaches Headache191513 Neurological Disorders NEC Dysgeusia854 Somnolence332 Lethargy210GENERAL DISORDERSGeneral Disorders NEC Fatigue/Malaise/Asthenia476RESPIR/THORACIC/MEDIASTRespiratory Disorders NEC Rhinorrhea010 Dyspnoea211 Upper Respiratory Tract Disorder754SKIN/SUBCUTANEOUS TISSUEEpidermal and Dermal Conditions Rash132 Pruritus011METABOLISM & NUTRITIONAppetite/General Nutrit. Disorders Increased appetite432 Decreased appetite/Anorexia121* Includes PTs Abdominal (pain, pain upper, pain lower, discomfort, tenderness, distension) and Stomach discomfort
** Includes PTs Insomnia/Initial insomnia/Middle insomnia/Early morning awakening
The overall pattern, and the frequency of adverse events during the longer-term trials was very similar to that described in Table 3, though several of the most common events were reported by a greater proportion of patients. Nausea, for instance, was reported in 40% of patients treated with CHANTIX 1 mg BID in a one-year study, compared to 8% of placebo-treated patients.
Following is a list of treatment-emergent adverse events reported by patients treated with CHANTIX during all clinical trials. The listing does not include those events already listed in the previous tables or elsewhere in labeling, those events for which a drug cause was remote, those events which were so general as to be uninformative, and those events reported only once which did not have a substantial probability of being acutely life-threatening.
BLOOD AND LYMPHATIC SYSTEM DISORDERS. Infrequent: Anemia, Lymphadenopathy. Rare: Leukocytosis, Thrombocytopenia, Splenomegaly.
CARDIAC DISORDERS. Infrequent: Angina pectoris, Arrhythmia, Bradycardia, Ventricular extrasystoles, Myocardial infarction, Palpitations, Tachycardia. Rare: Atrial fibrillation, Cardiac flutter, Coronary artery disease, Cor pulmonale, Acute coronary syndrome.
EAR AND LABYRINTH DISORDERS. Infrequent: Tinnitus, Vertigo. Rare: Deafness, Meniere's disease.
ENDOCRINE DISORDERS. Infrequent: Thyroid gland disorders.
EYE DISORDERS. Infrequent: Conjunctivitis, Dry eye, Eye irritation, Vision blurred, Visual disturbance, Eye pain. Rare: Acquired night blindness, Blindness transient, Cataract subcapsular, Ocular vascular disorder, Photophobia, Vitreous floaters.
GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS. Frequent: ........, Gingivitis. Infrequent: Dysphagia, Enterocolitis, Eructation, Gastritis, Gastrointestinal hemorrhage, Mouth ulceration, Esophagitis. Rare: Gastric ulcer, Intestinal obstruction, Pancreatitis acute.
GENERAL DISORDERS AND ADMINISTRATION SITE CONDITIONS. Frequent: Chest pain, Influenza like illness, Edema, Thirst. Infrequent: Chest discomfort, Chills, Pyrexia.
HEPATOBILIARY DISORDERS. Infrequent: Gall bladder disorder.
IMMUNE SYSTEM DISORDERS. Infrequent:Hypersensitivity. Rare: Drug hypersensitivity.
INVESTIGATIONS. Frequent:Liver function test abnormal, Weight increased. Infrequent: Electrocardiogram abnormal, Muscle enzyme increased, Urine analysis abnormal.
METABOLISM AND NUTRITION DISORDERS. Infrequent: Diabetes mellitus, Hyperlipidemia, Hypokalemia. Rare: Hyperkalemia, Hypoglycemia.
MUSCULOSKELETAL AND CONNECTIVE TISSUE DISORDERS. Frequent: Arthralgia, Back pain, Muscle cramp, Musculoskeletal pain, Myalgia. Infrequent: Arthritis, Osteoporosis. Rare: Myositis.
NERVOUS SYSTEM DISORDERS. Frequent: Disturbance in attention, Dizziness, Sensory disturbance. Infrequent: Amnesia, Migraine, Parosmia, Psychomotor hyperactivity, Restless legs syndrome, Syncope, Tremor. Rare: Balance disorder, Cerebrovascular accident, Convulsion, Dysarthria, Facial palsy, Mental impairment, Multiple sclerosis, Nystagmus, Psychomotor skills impaired, Transient ischemic attack, Visual field defect.
PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERS. Frequent: Anxiety, Depression, Emotional disorder, Irritability, Restlessness. Infrequent: Aggression, Agitation, Disorientation, Dissociation, Libido decreased, Mood swings, Thinking abnormal. Rare: Bradyphrenia, Euphoric mood, Hallucination, Psychotic disorder, Suicidal ideation.
RENAL AND URINARY DISORDERS. Frequent:Polyuria. Infrequent: Nephrolithiasis, Nocturia, Urine abnormality, Urethral syndrome. Rare: Renal failure acute, Urinary retention.
REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM AND BREAST DISORDERS. Frequent: Menstrual disorder.Infrequent: Erectile dysfunction. Rare: Sexual dysfunction.
RESPIRATORY, THORACIC AND MEDIASTINAL DISORDERS. Frequent: Epistaxis, Respiratory disorders. Infrequent: Asthma. Rare: Pleurisy, Pulmonary embolism.
SKIN AND SUBCUTANEOUS TISSUE DISORDERS. Frequent: Hyperhidrosis.Infrequent: Acne, Dermatitis, Dry skin, Eczema, Erythema, Psoriasis, Urticaria. Rare: Photosensitivity reaction.
VASCULAR DISORDERS. Frequent: Hot flush, Hypertension. Infrequent: Hypotension, Peripheral ischemia, Thrombosis.
Post-Marketing Experience:

The following adverse events have been reported during post-approval use of Chantix. Because these events are reported voluntarily from a population of uncertain size, it is not always possible to reliably estimate their frequency or establish a causal relationship to drug exposure.
There have been reports of depressed mood, agitation, changes in behavior, suicidal ideation and suicide in patients attempting to quit smoking while taking Chantix. Smoking cessation with or without treatment is associated with nicotine withdrawal symptoms and the exacerbation of underlying psychiatric illness. Not all patients had known pre-existing psychiatric illness and not all had discontinued smoking. The role of Chantix in these reports is not known (see WARNINGS).
Drug Abuse And Dependence

Controlled Substance Class

Varenicline is not a controlled substance.
Humans: Fewer than 1 out of 1000 patients reported euphoria in clinical trials with CHANTIX. At higher doses (greater than 2 mg), CHANTIX produced more frequent reports of gastrointestinal disturbances such as nausea and vomiting. There is no evidence of dose-escalation to maintain therapeutic effects in clinical studies, which suggests that tolerance does not develop. Abrupt discontinuation of CHANTIX was associated with an increase in irritability and sleep disturbances in up to 3% of patients. This suggests that, in some patients, varenicline may produce mild physical dependence which is not associated with addiction.
In a human laboratory abuse liability study, a single oral dose of 1 mg varenicline did not produce any significant positive or negative subjective responses in smokers. In non-smokers, 1 mg varenicline produced an increase in some positive subjective effects, but this was accompanied by an increase in negative adverse effects, especially nausea. A single oral dose of 3 mg varenicline uniformly produced unpleasant subjective responses in both smokers and nonsmokers.
Animals: Studies in rodents have shown that varenicline produces behavioral responses similar to those produced by nicotine. In rats trained to discriminate nicotine from saline, varenicline produced full generalization to the nicotine cue. In self-administration studies, the degree to which varenicline substitutes for nicotine is dependent upon the requirement of the task. Rats trained to self-administer nicotine under easy conditions continued to self-administer varenicline to a degree comparable to that of nicotine, however in a more demanding task, rats self-administered varenicline to a lesser extent than nicotine. Varenicline pretreatment also reduced nicotine self-administration.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I like the logic--no evidence the e-cig is safe--so just use Chantix as this "drug" went though all the requsite testing and is apporved --no need to worry about what it can do to you like:
SYSTEM ORGAN CLASS High Level Group Term Preferred TermCHANTIX
0.5 mg BID
N=129CHANTIX
1 mg BID
N=821Placebo
N=805GASTROINTESTINALGI Signs and Symptoms Nausea163010 Abdominal Pain*575 Flatulence963 Dyspepsia553 Vomiting152GI Motility/Defecation Conditions Constipation583 Gastroesophageal reflux disease110Salivary Gland Conditions Dry mouth464PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERSSleep Disorder/Disturbances Insomnia **191813 Abnormal dreams9135 Sleep disorder253 Nightmare210NERVOUS SYSTEMHeadaches Headache191513 Neurological Disorders NEC Dysgeusia854 Somnolence332 Lethargy210GENERAL DISORDERSGeneral Disorders NEC Fatigue/Malaise/Asthenia476RESPIR/THORACIC/MEDIASTRespiratory Disorders NEC Rhinorrhea010 Dyspnoea211 Upper Respiratory Tract Disorder754SKIN/SUBCUTANEOUS TISSUEEpidermal and Dermal Conditions Rash132 Pruritus011METABOLISM & NUTRITIONAppetite/General Nutrit. Disorders Increased appetite432 Decreased appetite/Anorexia121* Includes PTs Abdominal (pain, pain upper, pain lower, discomfort, tenderness, distension) and Stomach discomfort
** Includes PTs Insomnia/Initial insomnia/Middle insomnia/Early morning awakening

Jesus Christ Sun!
Just look at those numbers! Can anyone really fathom that many people infected with this rubbish!? and yet this is OK?
Smoking aside, How Many millions of pills by our lobbyists got their drugs approved and did not need FDA approval. How many times did someone see the word "Not FDA approved" On So may advertisements of pills.

I noticed in the Janty Q and A thread it was said to Ludo..."If not, accept the offer of the buyout from Philip Morris."
Now if something is on the verge/already did get/getting banned and not receiving "Approval" Why in the world would someone try to "Buy-out'? What the hell is actually going on here is the question????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread