Out of my league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Just got this in the mail. A beyond vape spire. Cute little unit. 18350 or 18650. VV and VW. Original price $120. Got it for $20.

Problem:

It wants at least 1.5Ω. Is there an atty that has that much resistance any more? I don't think I can pack that much resistance in any of my 22mm's. Would love to try it out.
Spire.jpg

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Just got this in the mail. A beyond vape spire. Cute little unit. 18350 or 18650. VV and VW. Original price $120. Got it for $20.

Problem:

It wants at least 1.5Ω. Is there an atty that has that much resistance any more? I don't think I can pack that much resistance in any of my 22mm's. Would love to try it out.
View attachment 695065
Hey Walee. That is such a nice looking unit. Your post made me go and have a look a them. The Beyond Vape site now has them for $10 each! So naturally, I bought three. Great to pop away for gifts! Thanks heaps,
Catherine

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Problem:

View attachment 695065

Sorry as I'm not sure here but I take it to mean you build your own coils?

Of course you can "pack that much resistance" just use 28 gauge wire in a single coil atty, or even 30 gauge for that matter if you prefer.

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Hey Walee. That is such a nice looking unit. Your post made me go and have a look a them. The Beyond Vape site now has them for $10 each! So naturally, I bought three. Great to pop away for gifts! Thanks heaps,
Catherine

That's funny. I love how we spend each other's money. Glad you snagged a few!!!

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
maybe I can help too,iPV Mini by Pioneer4You this is double the watts and goes down to .5 this is a proven mod.

Hey thanks for chiming in! Honestly, I'm approaching 30 mods now. Everything from simple tube mechs to a G class. I just got this on a lark. One of the first mods I got when I started was the IJust by Eleaf. I just loved the little tube in the hand. What I did not like was the internal battery that croaked in three months or having to wait while it charged. What I'm intrigued with in this mod is having something somewhat adjustable with removable batteries in a tube configuration. Maybe my enthusiasm will diminish if I can't get any fog out of it at all per the one ohm limit, but I'll know soon!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Mods like this were the norm about 4, 5 years back. 15 watt VV single battery tubes that didn't fire below 1 to 1.5 ohms. You can get 1.6 ohm coils for these drop in coils for tanks like the nautilus, etc. Are you going to find the vape good, or will it deliver the vapor production you are use to with your current set up? Well it depends on what you are currently using...what wattage and mod and tank are you using now? And are you doing mtl or DL? If you are vaping DL at higher wattages , you may be really limited with a 15 watt device....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
Mods like this were the norm about 4, 5 years back. 15 watt VV single battery tubes that didn't fire below 1 to 1.5 ohms. You can get 1.6 ohm coils for these drop in coils for tanks like the nautilus, etc. Are you going to find the vape good, or will it deliver the vapor production you are use to with your current set up? Well it depends on what you are currently using...what wattage and mod and tank are you using now? And are you doing mtl or DL? If you are vaping DL at higher wattages , you may be really limited with a 15 watt device....

Ya, I have no idea. I have a small MTL that I like to hit on occasion. For the most part I'm DL using TC at between 400 and 450. I know this thing isn't going to put out a vape like that. But who knows, it might be enjoyable in it's own right. Something different. I can enjoy most anything for what it is.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Ya, I have no idea. I have a small MTL that I like to hit on occasion. For the most part I'm DL using TC at between 400 and 450. I know this thing isn't going to put out a vape like that. But who knows, it might be enjoyable in it's own right. Something different. I can enjoy most anything for what it is.
DiVErsified , it's a good thing

Walee

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2017
I used to use the triton tank before I had a crown and it is a great tank. Good luck

Thanks. Always good to get a second thumbs up on a piece of gear. Once upon a time I had a nautilus. It was just a tab tight on the draw. I understand the triton has more latitude on the airflow. It has shipped, so I should know by end of week.

Reactions: stols001

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Ok, I'm all squared away. My mentor on another forum recommended the Aspire Triton. And so it shall be! Ordered one and 5 1.8Ω coils.

Acckk!!! I gave my Triton away because it was a leak monster. I hear the Aspire coils work better than the Triton to control the leaking. Good luck Your mod reminds me of my old SVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread