Out of the loop!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokarev

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee, USA
My :2c:

There are many good suggestions above. If I were you I would check several suppliers and pick out a mod you like first. Then pick out a tank. Most of mine are rebuildables so I can't be much help there. One thing about the Nautilus 2, I have one and it is NOT easy to refill. The process is simple enough but the base is a real bear to take off for refilling or changing coils. Most of the other suggested tanks I can't speak to as I don't have them. I will say that the original Nautilus (which I also have) is much easier to refill than the Nautilus 2 but you'd better have some spare glass on hand as it is more easily broken.

As far as mods go, the Jac would probably be the most slim, but the VTC Mini and the VT75 Nano are some of the smaller box mods. I don't have a Jac but I do have the other two and really like the slim profile of the VT75 Nano.

I have been watching the threads on pod systems but I think the jury is still out. They are new technology and it seems to me they still have a few bugs to work out. That said, some of them DO have refillable pods. Many of them are not true MTL either, although that depends on how loose a draw you are willing to put up with.

The "other" method of inhaling is direct to lung (DL) or possibly restricted DL but those are not for me. I am strictly a MTL inhaler and from your question I assume you are as well.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I drilled out the tiny airholes on the base of my EVODs, if you could do that with the ARO

I thought about that, but I have to buy some new bits designed to drill through metal first. I have a ton of bits but all of mine are for wood and would just get eaten up without making a hole. I just never got around to buying any. The problem is every time I am in a Home Depot I am there for something else and never remember to pick some up.

tokarev

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee, USA
If the pico is that small, then I will probably go that route.

I don't have a regulated Pico (although I DO have a Pico Squeeze) but I may have to get one just to see what everyone keeps talking about. :D I'm a bit leery of the bottom control buttons (the Squeeze doesn't have any), but judging from my Squeeze the size and price point make it very attractive. IMHO, you would probably be well served by the Pico.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If the pico is that small, then I will probably go that route.

The Pico is Small and Compact.

But you will need to buy a Pair of 18650 Batteries for it. As well as a Decent Charger for the Batteries.

If you haven't ruled out a Built-In Battery Mod, the eLeaf iStick 40w, Aspire Zelos, and the Innokin Coolfire IV 40W are all Nice Mods.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I was old school mtl but once I got the subtank mini to go with them I decided I had all I needed. You can set the stm low enough to use as mtl or also dtl which is when I found that I was in the middle. Don't need huge vaper plumes but also don't want to suck a milkshake through a straw. .... While it's nice to have the longevity of a 2/3 battery mod I just don't like the size and 200w of power is really becoming a joke...who really needs that.

I found myself in the same place. I still MTL but prefer a looser MTL than most pure MTL devices allow. I also never liked huge devices either. That is why I like my current setup so much. A Serpent SMM on top of a HCigar VT 75D. You can see on the SMM that I have the airflow closed to the point the hole is just a small circle which is a great loose MTL and the VT 75D is really small for a dual 18650 mod. It is kind of a triangular shape with well rounded corners and it fits nicely in the hand.

20171212_162949.jpg

Attachments

• 20171212_162949.jpg
    20171212_162949.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I should add that in the pic above that whole setup is 4.9 inches (126mm) tall, including the custom tip I swapped out to make the bore smaller. The original tip had a wider bore but was a bit shorter. The device itself is just a bit shorter than my hand is tall and it feels kind of like holding a flight sim style joystick. I tried using a friend's boxier style 2 batt mod and hated it. The really long thin shape of it felt a bit awkward to hold and use.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
No, Im still here.. just trying to make my way thru all the suggestions. I think I will probably pick up an innoken or the aspire kit, just to try out a "boxier" type of hand feel. The boxes I have had in the past have been huge and clunky (I think it was a Stewie Juice Box about 6 years ago, time flies), and I really didnt take to them at all. These look much smaller, maybe they will have a better hand feel. The Pico seems larger than the other 2, is it? And it comes with "spare parts". I want absolutely nothing to do with rebuilding anything. What are the spare parts for?

2 more questions:
1. Have the pod systems improved at all over time? I saw someone using a Juul, that thing was TINY! Does anyone know of anything like that that has refillable pods?
2.What is this mouth to lung thing? Is there another method?

Okay. Let's talk size...

Your evod battery (without topper) is 105mm in length, and is 15mm around.

Compare that to the aspire zelos.. that is 128mm in height, 23mm deep and 38mm wide - all edges are rounded.

There are 25 mm in an inch, if your from the US it's likely easier to visualize holding something in your hand that's an inch x an inch an a half that's about 5 inches tall.

That's the zelos without a topper - your atomizer will make it taller, just like your clearo makes your evod battery taller.

You can look up the dimensions of the JAC (I posted a link previously) and make the same type of comparison. The small size of the JAC is what is making that mod so popular among mtl vapers...

I can't speak on pod mods as I haven't use them. .. from the people who do use them though what gets expensive with them is the eliquid because most pods are not refillable.

Yes there is another way to inhale than mouth to lung... many vapors direct lung draw...just suck it directly into the lungs without letting it collect in their mouth first... they need more airflow in their atomizers... so there are two types of atomizers now. .. mouth to lung and direct lung.. the airflow is the difference.

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Okay. Let's talk size...

Compare that to the aspire zelos.. that is 128mm in height, 23mm deep and 38mm wide - all edges are rounded.

Wow that thing is huge. It's bigger than my whole dual battery setup, topper and tip included. Height wise that is. The base is only 1MM smaller than mine (24mm x 39mm) but 1mm is not even noticeable.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Wow that thing is huge. It's bigger than my whole dual battery setup topper and tip included. Height wise that is. The base is only 1MM smaller than mine (24mm x 39mm) but 1mm is not even noticeable.

That's not unusual though... my p3 is as tall without a topper as my tesla nano 120 is with the serpent mini on top...

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
The Innokin Coolfire I4 will have the most comfortable hand feel of all the above mentioned and will last for years.

I love my Innokin Coolfire IV, use it all day every day in rotation, and have 3 more in my stash. I totally agree that it has a very comfortable feel in the hand and is extremely durable. However, if she wants a mod that isn't quite as big, a little lighter in weight, and is more "sleek" and pocket/purse friendly...the iStick Basic with the internal GS-Air 2 tank made specifically for it, fits that criteria better, IMO. Also, there are no settings, extra buttons, etc. on the Basic...like there are on the Coolfire IV. I recommended both because I use both and like them equally well, and because they both match what she's looking for according to her OP, except for the VV/VW on the Coolfire.

Last edited:

gcvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Las Vegas
I don't have a regulated Pico (although I DO have a Pico Squeeze) but I may have to get one just to see what everyone keeps talking about. :D I'm a bit leery of the bottom control buttons (the Squeeze doesn't have any), but judging from my Squeeze the size and price point make it very attractive. IMHO, you would probably be well served by the Pico.

You can lock the bottom buttons so you don't accidentally change the settings. And, the regulated Pico is even smaller than the Pico Squeeze ;)

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I also was majorly into the original EVOD -- still have one in front of me right now -- actually maybe more. I usually re-coil them with coils from Fasttech and even the Kanger heads I've often rewicked with cotton straight out of the package. I hope you've been using variable voltage to reduce power and burning. In my experience, very little else can produce the flavor levels and flavor type the EVOD can. Maybe not with ejuices in general, but ones selected over months and years especially for it will be hard to beat. The mini Protank 2 definitely can't match it, even with the same coils. The only thing that matches or surpasses it I've tried is the Atomic RDA built to about 9 watts. That said, for a different and larger set of ejuices and a different, more pure flavor type, I now prefer my main RDA at 16 watts with TC. I haven't found many tanks I find usable.

The Pico is a nice small cheap mod, but I didn't like the Melo 3 tank the original came with at all. From the EVOD it is a huge departure and not a very good example either. I would presume their newer tanks are similar. The best thing about it is low center of gravity, excellent for standing up with a RDA on it, although it's somewhat heavy compared to, for example, the iStick 30. If you stick with MTL one cell should last all day, maybe 2.

My recent pocket carry instead of the EVOD is the Avail ExpressX, their version of the Vaporesso Drizzle. It's about the same volume as an EVOD tank and 650 maH battery but thicker and shorter, easier to avoid breaking. 1.3 and 1.4 ohm coils indicate lower power than many of the new small devices, but more than the EVOD. The tank is tiny, but top fill and I think it vapes better than my mini Nautilus (which cost more than the whole Vaporesso kit).

What looks to be the ultimate MTL tank setup is the Endura T18 or T22 on a proper adjustable mod. The battery units they come with have been said to run them too hard, and frankly the claim of 14 watts for tight draw MTL harms their credibility, but this combo should vape nice.

redeuce

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2017
    Chicago suburbs
    www.nofearmotorsports.com
    I also was majorly into the original EVOD -- still have one in front of me right now -- actually maybe more. I usually re-coil them with coils from Fasttech and even the Kanger heads I've often rewicked with cotton straight out of the package. I hope you've been using variable voltage to reduce power and burning. In my experience, very little else can produce the flavor levels and flavor type the EVOD can. Maybe not with ejuices in general, but ones selected over months and years especially for it will be hard to beat. The mini Protank 2 definitely can't match it, even with the same coils. The only thing that matches or surpasses it I've tried is the Atomic RDA built to about 9 watts. That said, for a different and larger set of ejuices and a different, more pure flavor type, I now prefer my main RDA at 16 watts with TC. I haven't found many tanks I find usable.

The Pico is a nice small cheap mod, but I didn't like the Melo 3 tank the original came with at all. From the EVOD it is a huge departure and not a very good example either. I would presume their newer tanks are similar. The best thing about it is low center of gravity, excellent for standing up with a RDA on it, although it's somewhat heavy compared to, for example, the iStick 30. If you stick with MTL one cell should last all day, maybe 2.

My recent pocket carry instead of the EVOD is the Avail ExpressX, their version of the Vaporesso Drizzle. It's about the same volume as an EVOD tank and 650 maH battery but thicker and shorter, easier to avoid breaking. 1.3 and 1.4 ohm coils indicate lower power than many of the new small devices, but more than the EVOD. The tank is tiny, but top fill and I think it vapes better than my mini Nautilus (which cost more than the whole Vaporesso kit).

What looks to be the ultimate MTL tank setup is the Endura T18 or T22 on a proper adjustable mod. The battery units they come with have been said to run them too hard, and frankly the claim of 14 watts for tight draw MTL harms their credibility, but this combo should vape nice.
    The T18/T22 tanks are excellent. I started on them, and still keep 2 in my rotation. The Endura battery doesn’t run the tank too hard. It’s just fixed at 13 watts. After vaping a while, most of us wanted to get adjustable wattage but keep the tank. I now vape 8-10 watts, mostly with adjustable batteries. But I also use the Endura 13 Watt battery once in a while. The 13 Watt is a good combo, but not all flavors pop at 13 watts. It’s a great starting platform. I used nothing but the T22 kit for the first few months. Had 7 other friends and family members started with this kit, and all are still off cigs. That’s a pretty amazing percentage.

As to the tank. Built tough. 4.5 ml capacity. Easy topfill. No leaks. Coils are $1.18 per if you buy 5 five packs from FT. Coils last a month. You can hot water clean them and get another week or 2.

One caveat. The tank is bottom airflow and not adjustable. It has grooves on the bottom. But it’s designed perfectly for tight draw MTL, down to the drip tip.

The tank works great on Provari, iSticks, ITaste SVD 20, etc. mods that have either slots on the top or a little gap so the tank can breathe a little. It’s ok on the Zelos, but the top of the Zelos is flat and smooth. Tank screws snug against it. Cuts the air a bit.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @mcclintock - Have you tried the Evod Glass tank? It takes the Kanger Dual Coils in the whitish box, and it also has a removable drip tip so you can use a different 1 if you want to. I really like it better than the original. Have sent several to veteran vapers (mostly still using carto tanks) who are stunned with all the new vape gear and would like to keep vaping simpler. They're having problems finding the cartos that they prefer, and at a reasonable price, so were willing to try the Evod Glass. They've all said they really like them and continue to use them.

Last edited:

Belhade

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    New York (no, not the city)

You know, I've always thought it odd that the EVOD had better flavor than the PT2 mini, with the same rebuilt heads. The full size PT2 even had good flavor, as I recall.

The Pico is very small - almost too small for me, and I have fairly small hands. But pretty darn reliable - I've been using one for at least a year now, with a bottom fill tank no less. The bottom buttons aren't really an issue with me, since I only use one tank at one setting and lock it. Also have an unboxed spare, and a Pico RDTA (which is decent, if a bit underwhelming).

I've been getting a friend into vaping, and after success with a new pen style (the iCare 110 seemed to do well) got him a T22 tank...and a Pico. :thumbs: They just seemed to be a perfect match, especially blacked out. I set it to 11W for him, and tonight be asked me how to unlock the buttons, so I think he's ready to experiment. :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread