Out of warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Grey

Apr 12, 2018
I just wanted to give a shout out to everyone who reads this post hey and hello, I hope you can learn from my mistake to prevent anyone else from making one of ur own or getting screwed. I live in B.C. Anyway I bought my first mod at "180smoke" in canaduh, ont. It was the pro color 225W kit with the big baby beast tank, its a good product, I also bought 4x Samsung batteries and the new i2 itellicharger as well as 5x extra atomizer it was my x-mas present and 3.5 to 4 months later the mod started smoking and it wont work so i thought for sure id get a new pro color 225w kit from "180smoke" it was not user error but guess what ? I got screwed it's not covered and i cant afford another im on disability trying to quit smoking and if what happened to me isnt an act of god then they should replace it. Anyway don't deal with "180smoke" ur chances rrr better playing the lotto 6 49. All great products just crappy warranty service I did absolutely nothing wrong with this unit and look where I got. This is a word of warning don't order from here. On too the next forum and the next and the next and the next, I'm really upset thks for ur time dont order from there or ill be saying i told you sooo. K

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Smok doesn't warranty their mods in Canada so you only get what the seller provides. Which is usually only a couple weeks, and that's reasonable and customary.

180smoke is actually kind of a cool place. One of the first vape shops to open in Toronto and is owned by a heart surgeon (head of Cardiovascular Surgery @ Trillium). He decided to open up the place after seeing some of his patients switch to vaping and improve their health.

He's an advocate and has been in a lot of vaping documentaries, like this one:

Bottom line is you won't be able to buy many things at that price point and return them past the 30 or so day return policy most stores have. I'm not just talking about vaping stuff, i'm talking about stuff in general. I.e. Walmart has a 90 day return policy and a 30 day policy on electronics.

I don't think 180 Smoke deserves the blame, I think Smok deserves the blame.

I can't wrap my head around the fact that your mod let out smoke and stopped working, but you call it a good product and blame the vendor.

Last edited:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Smok doesn't warranty their mods in Canada so you only get what the seller provides. Which is usually only a couple weeks, and that's reasonable and customary.

180smoke is actually kind of a cool place. One of the first vape shops to open in Toronto and is owned by a heart surgeon (head of Cardiovascular Surgery @ Trillium). He decided to open up the place after seeing some of his patients switch to vaping and improve their health.

He's an advocate and has been in a lot of vaping documentaries, like this one:

Bottom line is you won't be able to buy many things at that price point and return them past the 30 or so day return policy most stores have. I'm not just talking about vaping stuff, i'm talking about stuff in general. I.e. Walmart has a 90 day return policy and a 30 day policy on electronics.

I don't think 180 Smoke deserves the blame, I think Smok deserves the blame.

I can't wrap my head around the fact that your mod let out smoke and stopped working, but you call it a good product and blame the vendor.

Don't know about 180 smoke's policy for returns and such but some vape shops here in Quebec offer 90 days warranty for defects ( at least mine does) but i highly doubt any vape shops would offer refunds or trade after more than this, so i kinda feel as if Op is speaking out of his rear......
I do agree smok deserves the blame and not the store too.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I can understand your frustration... To an extent. The bottom line though, is that vendors do have warranty "periods" and yours expired. Smok is a maker known to have issues from time to time. I don't think they are "bad" mods necessarily, but there are manufacturers known to have QC issues from time to time. Personally, if I bought a smok mod (I don't vape clouds so I don't have one) I would do my due diligence and check out warranty periods especially given that you are buying a product with known issues.

I understand being frustrated, but some mods are "in a sense" disposable, while others are known to be higher quality and more indestructible. You do pay more for that kind of "lifetime" quality and etc.

It's not really fair for you to blame the vendor for sticking to their warranty period, they would ALL go out of business if they provided a "lifetime" warranty for really ANY mod. User error occurs, mods get dropped, some have issues that arise over time that may or may not be user error.

It's the product that broke, and the vendor did not select a mod that didn't last on purpose, they are supplied to the vendor by the manufacturer and the vendor has no way of knowing if "your" smok mod will be one that lasts a long time (due to either the mod OR user error, which we also don't know).

In order to be less frustrated (I've had some frustrations a time or two) I would maybe do more research on mods generally and those who really offer some longevity (Geekvape Ages, for example) but you will then be paying more for such mods. In my opinion it is often worth it (I am hard on gear) but you will pay for that premium.

Might also be good to check out warranties generally at different stores and see who offers you the best "value" for "money."

I had a vendor where I did not read the TOS. I would not have purchased from them if I had, because those TOS were not good... for me. Because I did not read them, I did not contest the eventual outcome (the company got the mod and my money) because the mistake was mine. I don't use that company anymore either, and it also taught me to read the TOS everywhere I buy and to check for possible issues for me.

Best of luck, I hope you are able to find a mod you like to replace it and welcome to ECF.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sorry for your misfortune. I can understand your frustration. And you've used this post to vent your frustration.

HOWEVER, it is not the fault of the VENDOR who sold you your battery device that it malfunctioned. Many vape shops don't even offer a warranty period, it's sold "As Is" and "Buyer Beware".

It wasn't likely the fault of you, the batteries, or anything else. Vape gear, especially SMOK vape gear, tends to break down. It's unfortunate that it usually breaks down past the typical warranty period (if there is one to begin with).

Sorry that we are not siding with you, but this is just the way things are. We live in a disposable society and most folks have learned to accept that as fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread