Overwhelmed by choices!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OR-DMBFAN

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Oregon
Pretty new to vaping and really like it. Have only used "minis". My wife just got a starter kit from V4L and the cartos don't seem to last very long at all. I'm really pleased with the fact that I haven't smoked in 3 weeks now and am looking at different kinds of APVs and am trying to decide what model would work for me. Maybe a Lavatube? ProVari? Are they reliable? How long do batteries last? What would a good "starter" model be? I like the idea of variable voltage and the variety of flavors of juices. This website is great and I very much appreciate the info available here!

heater

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Broken Arrow Ok.
I'm new but i graduated from the minis to a eGo twist variable voltage. I have the 650 mah version and it lasts me about 8 hrs. (count on at least 6 hrs, on average). I use the Viva Nova on it and have been extremly happy with the set up.

edit they also make the 1000mah battery if you want larger i just have 2 650's because i like the size.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
If your budget is wide open, people seem to love the provari.(out of my budget) If you prefer more reasonable investment try the EGO variable voltage. You will have to pay attention with any VV device to avoid damaging things.

Cartridges are a royal rip off as as to cost vs use. Clearomizers and tanks last way longer and many are rebuildable. Check out the Kanger T2, Vivi Nova's.

Battery life is all in how much you use it. Higher Mah batteries last longer between charges and take longer to charge.

SpicyMcHaggis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hamilton Ohio
Does "DMBFan" stand for Dave Matthews or Diamond Mind Baseball?

Twists are an awesome way to check out VV economically. I started with them and still use them daily. I can't imagine vaping without VV. The 1100 mah will last me all day and I vape a lot...almost constantly. I have a ProVari also and if you can afford it buy one. With an 18650 battery one of those will last a couple days and they are built to last.

dannydestroy

Nov 10, 2011
detroit
If you want to slowly get used to using something bigger than a cigarette size I suggest the mini ego. I thought the same way and thought I would never leave an 808. I have many different devices but I recently got a mini ego with a vivi nova tank and love it. I vape heavy. I used it for about 4 hours heavy and it still wasnt dead. I stuck it on the charger anyway. I got mine at cigtech but it was at a vapexpo. I paid ten for the battery and 11 for the nova. Its a step up but good battery life so its bigger than a cig but probably not much longer than a 100.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Provari and Darwin are probably the two best variables. I know the Darwin's battery lasts between 21 - 35 hours on a charge. But it's near impossible to find a Darwin. The Provari is also top notch also and lasts about 12 - 18 hours on a charge. (none of them last two days unless you only use it once an hour)

If you would rather start at the lower end, I would look at the Gripper from Madvapes. It's priced lower than most variables but has a higher amp limit than ones like the Twist which limit what cartos and attys you can use with it. You can use any atty or carto on the market with the Gripper.

Good Luck

Last edited:

sportyfortyeight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
dfw,texas,usa
I have tried many device's and I stick to my provari for daily use and my gg for high end nights. The twist is a good starter into vv and I do own a 650 for when I want small.. battery life on a vv device has a lot of factors that play into it.. as for the lava tube iv broken one and my co worker is on number 3.. if you want and have the ability to drop a nice amount I would recommend the provari. They are America made and high quality device's. Mine has been to hell and back and still works. The batterys are changeable unlike a twist..

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
If cost is not a concern then go for Provari! If your looking for something on a budget, then the Twist is a good option. However, remember if you get the Twist, then you will need two (if you always want one on ready to use) because you can't just swap out the internal battery like you can on the Provari.

The Darwin is another good option but, imo, that is one ugly device. At that price point I expect performance and aesthetics. The Darwin is definitely lacking the latter.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
If cost is not a concern then go for Provari! If your looking for something on a budget, then the Twist is a good option. However, remember if you get the Twist, then you will need two (if you always want one on ready to use) because you can't just swap out the internal battery like you can on the Provari.

The Darwin is another good option but, imo, that is one ugly device. At that price point I expect performance and aesthetics. The Darwin is definitely lacking the latter.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For most, substance/performance trump the fickleness of appearance as well as what others believe something should look like.

Last edited:

OR-DMBFAN

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Oregon
Does "DMBFan" stand for Dave Matthews or Diamond Mind Baseball?

Twists are an awesome way to check out VV economically. I started with them and still use them daily. I can't imagine vaping without VV. The 1100 mah will last me all day and I vape a lot...almost constantly. I have a ProVari also and if you can afford it buy one. With an 18650 battery one of those will last a couple days and they are built to last.

LOL! Dave Matthews Band :) Thanks for the info. I am going to purchase the ProVari.

GRH8095

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
California
Congrats! ... to your 3 weeks of cigarette free

Going from minis to APV variable voltage types like the Lavatube or the Provari ...

I just received my Provari V2 on the 21st of this month and been using it as my main device since then. The Provari is well worth the money.
There are a lot of video reviews on youtube for the Provari to help you decide.

I only draw back for me owning a Provari V2, ... is ... now I want to go out and buy a Provari Mini ... " one day sooon "

Good Luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread