OXVA Origin X Review by DreamVaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Review for the OXVA Origin X - most compact single 18650 device on the market:

Let's start with the few words about the OXVA brand as I guess not all ECF users are familiar with it. I also think everybody knows the GeekVape brand and it's most well known Aegis series.

Justin Lai - former chief designer of GV, was responsible for the Aegis series and Zeus tank series. He is a founder of this new Vape brand - OXVA.
    At the moment, they released 3 devices on the market:
    OXVA Origin, OXVA X and the latest one - OXVA Origin X I'm reviewing now. If you tried any of the Aegis devices you know that the quality and performance with an ease of use is the main thing for these devices. In OXVA, there is another quality which was added - compact size for the AIO device. And I really like the results.

Orixin X is a compact AIO device. 4 great colours to choose from.

Device is being sold in 2 options:
    1. Luxury edition (price is not set yet, approx. $70 per kit)
    2. Standard edition kit. Price at the moment $45-50

Each kit comes with innovative L-shaped tank. The proven Unicoil in 0.2ohm fires up to 60w to release incredible flavor. A definitive game changer for both pre-made coil users and DIY vapers alike. Unicoils (compatible with GeekVape, VapX and other OXVA devices) are very long lasting and great performing coils.
    The tank features a magnetic locking mechanism witch is very convenient to use. Same with the battery door - just click and you're ready to go. Great solution!

This device is positioned as an AIO and you can buy an RBA kit for it to work with 1 or 2 coils - perfect for DIY lovers and a 510 connector to use with your regular tanks. Here are the options mentioned. (click to check pics)

RBA Kit looks like this - it includes everything you might need, including coils, cotton strings, coil priming tools etc. Overall a great solution for DIY, only thing to mention - people with big hand will have a bit of a problem as everything is pretty compact.

OXVA X is powered with a single 18650 battery and at the moment it's a most compact AIO 18650 pod on the market. Weight only ~75gr.

In order to check how compact device is, check this pic next to other small pods: Aegis Pod / GeekVape Wenax Stylus pod.
    Wanted to mention that device lies very comfortably in my hand.

A lot of atomizers options available for the X. (MTL, RDTL, DTL)

Photon Chipset:

The Photon chip is pretty minimalist. in fact there are only two buttons on this mod to simplify operations so no need for complications really. One of the advantages of this chipset is the "Intelligence-match" function that regulates the power when inserting a new Unicoil. It will surely help you to avoid premature cotton burns due to carelessness.

When inserting a new coil, the display shows "New-Coil", confirming with the selection button, the maximum allowed wattage will be automatically adjusted.

Parameters of the kit:
    https://ibb.co/dQC9YLD
    Size:145x73x47.5mm
    Pod Capacity:3ml
    Adapter: 510 Adapter
    Battery Type:18650 (Not included)
    Coil Resistance:
    1.0ohm(KA1 coil) 10-15W
    0.5ohm(Mesh coil) 20-25W
    0.3ohm(Mesh coil)30-40W
    0.2ohm(Mesh coil) 55-60W(Integrated)
    Uni-RBA(DIY) 5-40W
    Wattage Range : 5-60W
    Material:Zinc Alloy+Magnetic
    Max Power: 60W
    USB Type: Type-C (Fast charging)

Final Thoughts:
    I really liked the device :thumb:
    It's beautiful, compact, well made, a lot of useful features:
    magnetic connectors are top notch!
    It holds the battery pretty well. Amount and quality of clouds is comparable to a lot of big box mods. As for ease of use this device it in TOP5 of vape devices I ever used (and I used a Lot of them). I'm planning to buy another Pine Green one, check the pics, it's beautiful.

My overall mark for the device is 9.5/10 :thumb:

Few more pics in attachment.
    If you'll have any questions, let me know, I'll try to help.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    @SP013
    @bigbob2322
    @hittman

Guys, let me know if the format of the review is OK.
    I also have a problem with attaching pics to it: when I'm trying to attach a picture to the review and I use the image icon, I put the link for the pic, save it and the image is not showing - just

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Looks really nice, it's great to see a device that has all the options a vaper would want in a kit that not only has most every base covered but also is very attractive. Review was good and your picture links all worked, you could use a external drive to store pictures then just upload in review. I noticed the RBA deck cap uses a 810 DP in the picture shown, is it proprietary and if not can a 510 DT be used.

Reactions: dreamvaper

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Nice kit by the way :)!

Yep, it is one of the best compact AIO on the market.

I noticed the RBA deck cap uses a 810 DP in the picture shown, is it proprietary and if not can a 510 DT be used.

Yes, it uses a 810, it's removable but 510 won't fit, maybe if you have a connector 810/510 for it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    @SP013
    @bigbob2322
    @hittman

Guys, let me know if the format of the review is OK.
    I also have a problem with attaching pics to it: when I'm trying to attach a picture to the review and I use the image icon, I put the link for the pic, save it and the image is not showing - just

There are ways around the picture thing. You could simply copy and paste them from your computer to the post. I did miss seeing the pics in your review. I have been looking at these but haven’t made the move to buy one yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread