OXVA Unibox PnM Kit - Review by Javichu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Salutations my fellow vaperinos from all around the world.

Today i am reviewing my first device from the brand OXVA,full kit including mod and tank that will most surely deliver on all your vaping needs.

As usual in my reviews let us ease our way into my incoming wall of text with some nice pictures that will give you an overview of the kit i will be reviewing.

Colors to choose from:

COLORS.jpg

Tougher than the rest (Springsteen quote):

OXVA-UNIBOX-PnM-Box-Kit_04_yrd5a.jpeg

Contents in the kit:

OXVA-UNIBOX-PnM-Box-Kit_08_9oSEy.jpeg

Tank specs and refill:

oxva-vapx-unibox-pnm-box-mod-kit-specs.jpg

oxva-vapx-unibox-pnm-box-mod-kit-refills.jpg

Coils:

OXVA-UNIBOX-PnM-Box-Kit_06_nEAVO.jpeg

Unboxing and first impressions:

Time to open the box and check it out,proper packaging and all the contents are neatly organized in the box.

Curious to see what the mod feels like,hold it in my left hand (I'm a lefty) and oh boy this is one rugged mamma jamma of a mod.

Tank wise it does seem well made but something seems off,i think it's the bottom part of the atomizer the base if you will...that metal part just seems too big and out of place.

Vaping time:

Ok well here we go,my procedure when it comes to reviews is to first of all prime the coil then fill the tank and let it rest and soak up the sweet nectar of the gods while i fiddle around with the mod itself.

While i let the 0.15 ohm coil get moist with my e-liquid i took the time to check out the mod in more detail.

I got large hands so the mod did seem a bit small for my gigantic ogre sized hands but when i held up the mod those worries went away.

Nice sensation when gripping the mod and it didn't really feel heavy to me but then again i do love me some chunky and bulky mods.

Turn the mod over and oh goodie!! Screw cap baby!!
Some may not like it but i love them,a well made screw cap is the way to go.
In my case the screw cap was really smooth,screwed it in and out a couple of times to get the feel for it.
With screw caps and when screwing them on it's always a good idea to turn in the opposite direction when you want to screw it back in,just a slight turn until you feel you have picked up the ridge then you can screw the cap back in.

With mods like this that advertise the roughness and durability i like to perform a squeeze test and yes it's exactly how it sounds.

With the battery in i squeezed the mod 3 of 4 times with a pretty strong grip,kept my ear open and clean of overabundance of ear wax ready for any weird tics,tacs,clicks,clacks and other assorted noises i might pick up.
Nope,well done mod where everything is assembled properly,this mod has a well deserved IP-68 rating.

Once i turned on the mod i look at the screen,nice 0.96′ display screen that shows all the pertinent info you may need in your vaping sessions.

Menu/Command walk thru:

-Turn on/off = Press fire button 5 times within 2 seconds
-Lock/Unlock +/- buttons = press and hold + and – at the same time.
-Adjust power = press +/- to turn power up/down
-Mode Setting = Press fire 3 times within 2 seconds, use +/- to change the mode, then press and hold fire or leave idle for 5 seconds to save the option
-Lock/Unlock Resistance (ohms) = press fire 3 times, when the mode setting is activated, press fire 1 time to highlight resistance. Press ‘-‘ to lock/unlock. When locked the V will change into a padlock icon
-Set W in TC mode = press fire 3 times, when the mode setting is activated, press fire 1 time to highlight W, then use +/- to set the wattage.
-Set VPC = set the mode to VPC, then fire once to move down to p1, use +/- to set the wattage, press fire once to move to p2 and repeat.
-Battery Rating Feature = Install fully charged battery and make sure a (any) tank is installed. Then in the mode settings select “Rate Battery”, press fire and wait.
-Set theme colour = press fire and “-” simultaneously, use +/- to change the option and press fire to select and save
-Screen Brightness = Press fire and + at the same time, press +/- to adjust, then fire to save.
-Factory Reset = Turn device off, long press + and – simultaneously for 2 seconds. When the version number is displayed, press fire, + and – simultaneously, then press +/- to select yes or no.

You folks know me,I'm a simple vaper so after cycling thru all the options of said mod i settled in wattage mod like i always do.

Keep in mind this device also has a feature called Unitool which you can download from:

https://www.oxva.com/pages/unibox

If you're into the tech side of vaping and like to have a lot of options this part if for you.
With Unitool you will be able to change a lot of parameters of the mod and the way it functions when you vape.

I did install said program and took a look around,didn't really change anything since well you know I'm ''simple'' but if you a vaping nerd this program will give you plenty of features to play around with.

Once done all this and the coil properly soaked it was time to give it a go.
Started with the 0.15 oh coil which i used for 2 days then switched to the 0.3ohm,both coils gave a nice flavorful vape with plenty of cloud production.

Flavor wise i did seem to get more out of the 0.30 ohm coil,even if it's rated for 30-40w i settled in at 28 watts which was my sweet point.

This is the coil i have been using the most.pod itself gave no problems so far,no leaking and no odd coil ratings (where the values go up or down).
Filling the pod? well that was easy enough but personally i am not a fan of filling thru the bottom nor those rubber tabs i have to remove so i can fill the pod...just not my thing.

Pros:

-Strong mod,will last you a long time
-Nice grip and shape
-Waterproof,dust-proof and shockproof
-Pod works
-Battery screw cap (pro in my book but that is just personal taste)
-Unitool is there for all those that want to ''customize'' their vape sessions

Cons:

-18650 battery? guess it's ok but 21700 would have been better
-Text and numbers on the screen just looked way too ''pixelated'' to me
-Nothing really new,mod+pod like tank...meh,been there...seen that,done that.

Would i recommend this device:

Nothing at fault with the mod/pod itself,it all worked perfectly so if you looking for a kit for your vaping needs this is a nice kit to choose.

As usual here you have a code in case you decide to acquire this kit:

OXVA Unibox PnM Kit 80W Mod Kit

$43.99 OXVA Unibox PnM Kit
Code: UPMK

Thanks again to all my friends at Sourcemore for giving me the opportunity to review this kit.

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread