hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Here I go again. I’m here today to do my best to cover the new Oxva Velocity LE that was sent to me by Sourcemore in order to provide a fair and honest review and hopefully help you determine if it’s something you might like to try. I have done some reviews for Oxva directly in the past but for some reason I don’t remember, they were not able to send one for review so Sourcemore was nice enough to provide a sample for this review. Thanks Joyi!

The Velocity LE is a new rendition of the already released Velocity kit. I unfortunately have not tried the original so won’t be able to comment on that. What I do know is that the LE can use 21700, 20700, and 18650 batteries with the included adapter. It offers three modes of operation which are Smart, Power, and Voltage. The kit comes with the 5ml Unipro pod that can use the Unipro or Unicoil series of coils. It also comes with a 510 adapter so you can use any of your favorite tanks with it.

FDFCFU2.jpg

IKIENW1.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Velocity Box Mod
    1* Unipro Cartridge 5ml
    1* 510 Connector
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* 18650 Battery Adapter (In the Mod)
    1* 0.15ohm Unipro Coil (Pre-installed)
    1* 0.3ohm Unipro Coil
    1* User Manual

Ynqv3Hu.jpg

1665172507867.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

Output Power: 5-100W

Chip Output Type: Buck-boost

Mode: Smart/Power/Volt

Output Voltage: 0.5-8.0V

Battery: 21700/20700/18650 battery (not included)

Unipro Cartridge Capacity: 5ml (standard)

Cartridge Compatibility: Unipro & Unicoil Cartridge

Coils: Unipro: 0.15ohm/0.3ohm/RBA

Unicoil: 0.2ohm/0.3ohm/0.5ohm/1.0ohm/RBA

Resistance Range: 0.1-2.5ohm

Drip Tip: 510 drip tip

Refill: Top refill

Airflow Control: Internal adjustable airflow

Charging: Type-C/5V/2.5A

Screen Size: 0.69 inch OLE

Size: 120*35*27mm

Material: Zinc Alloy + PCTG + ABS/Leather

Color: Blue Gold, Carbon Fiber, Brown Emboss, Emerald

9tyX26F.jpg

FEATURES:

1. 100W max output

2. Three modes: Smart/Power/Voltage

3. Unique 510 connector

4. Compatible with 18650/20700/21700 battery

5. Fit for Unicoil&Unipro coil

6. Anti-leaking, adjustable airflow

7. Provides DTL & MTL vaping

8. The smallest 21700 box mod

8NtV9fm.jpg

sbnWqez.jpg

2AUVc25.jpg

gSIQaoa.jpg

MBfuUvy.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Velocity LE is really pretty nice. The front has a color picture of the Blue Gold version of the LE but that same picture is used for shipping all color versions. The one that I received was actually the Carbon Fiber version. The front gives you a little important information like the kit is a 2 in 1 kit which is letting you know that you can use it as a pod mod or as a mod with the included 510 connection plate. It also lets you know that it can use a 21700 battery with a maximum output of 100 watts and the pod has a capacity of 5ml.

The back side of the outer sleeve shows a list of contents, company information, a scratch and check authenticity code and a brief explanation of the kit at the top. The kit comes with the Velocity LE mod with an 18650 battery adapter inside, the Unipro pod with the .15 ohm Unipro coil pre-installed sitting inside the foam insert. To the side is the 510 adapter plate connector and a box containing the spare .3 ohm Unipro coil and the USB-C charging cable. The user manual is located underneath the foam insert. The .15 ohm coil is rated at 60-80 watts while the .3 ohm coil is rated at 30-42 watts.

1665172805020.png

1665172844680.png

1665172914129.png

I’d like to start by taking a look at the pod tank included in the LE which is being called the “Unipro cartridge” in the contents list. It has a 5ml liquid capacity and can use not only the included Unipro coils but also the Unicoils from Oxva. I unfortunately do not have any Unicoils on hand to test so I will take them at their word on this.

First on the agenda is to give the pod a good cleaning with some hot water and a small amount of soap. I let that dry then pulled the .15 coil out which had a protective film covering the bottom of the coil to prevent accidental firing. I wanted to start with the .3 ohm coil which is more in my range and had a 6mg liquid that I wanted to use in it to start. I knew with the .15 coil being rated starting at 60 watts that I would have to use a 3mg liquid.

You can see in the picture below that the coils are threaded on the bottom to accept the threaded airflow control ring that must be attached to each coil so DO NOT LOSE THIS. Once the airflow control ring is attached to the coil then the coil is simply pushed in but there are two flat spots that have to align with the marks on base of the pod in order for it to seat correctly. This also keeps the coil from turning when you turn the airflow control so as not to unscrew the coil from the control ring.

The bottom of the pod has four magnets that securely hold the pod into the pod opening on the LE. There are two gold plated spring loaded contacts in the opening on the mod that make the electrical connection to the coil. The pod can be inserted either way and still work so you don’t have to worry about aligning the pod a certain way with the mod.

1665172984518.png

1665173031997.png

I have to admit I don’t love the fill port for the pod. I accidentally pulled up one side completely and would not recommend doing that. It took me quite some time to get the rubber nipple seated back into the small hole in the pod. What you want to do is just lift up the front of the rubber plug to expose the fill hole. This design doesn’t allow you to rotate the fill plug out of the way for filling.

1665173294269.png

Next let’s take a look at the 510 connection plate included with the Velocity. It turns the pod mod into a standard mod with a 510 threaded connection. Just like the pod, the 510 connector uses four magnets to securely attach to the mod. To remove the connector it was easiest for me to just use a tank that I was using at the time and pop it up from one end. Not only does it have four magnets but there is a tab on each end that locks the adapter into the mod and it makes a clicking noise when you snap the adapter in so it is fully seated.

as2QBh1.jpg

yFzhMNw.jpg

ZcDD4Rw.jpg

1665173569076.png

I was kind of hoping to get one of the brighter colored mods for the review but instead received the black carbon fiber version. Both sides of the Velocity have the black carbon fiber with little or no padding underneath. There is no branding on either side.

The back side of the mod does have the Oxva Velocity name printed near the bottom and there are three airflow holes at the top of the pod to allow plenty of airflow into the airflow control ring that I pointed out earlier. I have already mentioned the pod opening so won’t go over that again.

JhD3l9z.jpg

zwjaXYJ.jpg

Ep24XVK.jpg

The Velocity will accept 21700 and 20700 batteries without an adapter and can use an 18650 with the included battery adapter. The bottom of the mod has a flip open battery door. The 18650 battery adapter is marked with the + polarity on one end. Also the battery door has a – sign next to the contact on the underside of the door. The inside of the mod where the positive contact is located is also colored white with a large red + symbol on it.

xjQksGh.jpg

yuH7Hwu.jpg

pX6GP0w.jpg

The front of the mod also has three airflow slots on top just like the back side does. Below the airflow slots is the square fire button followed by the .69” OLED display which is very bright and easily readable in my opinion. Lately I’ve been getting some other samples where it’s difficult for me to see the displays clearly due to my old man eyesight. Below the display is the + and – buttons followed by the USB-C charging port which is rated for 2.5A. The display shows the following information.

• Battery level indicator( when charging it will show a percentage)
    • Set wattage
    • Mode of operation( Smart, Wattage, Volt)
    • Coil resistance
    • Output voltage while firing
    • Length of time of current puff
    • Puff counter
    The operation of the Velocity is similar to a lot of other mods. The menu/ button operation is as follows.

• Press the fire button 5X to turn the mod on/off
    • Press the fire button 3X to enter the menu where you will find Smart, Power, Volt, Color, and Exit
    • The display color can be changed in the menu but also can be changed by pressing the fire button and the + button. The colors available are blue, orange, green, red, purple, and white.
    • Press the fire button and the – button to clear the puff counter
    • Press the + and – buttons to lock/unlock the mod. It will still fire and just locks the adjustment buttons
    The smart mode in the manual seems to be referred to as “Intelligent Pod Mode”. It says the Photon chip will generate an output range according to the resistance of a coil. This can be a good feature for new users so that they don’t damage a coil by running it too high but I seldom use the smart mode and normally immediately switch it to Power mode.

2KthkU0.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have never tried the original Velocity so did a little research and basically what I found out was that the LE version is basically the same as the original with the exception of new side panels. That’s not totally true. I saw on a video that the 510 adapter on the original was a little loose or wobbly and that was confirmed also by someone I know that has one. The 510 adapter on the LE is very solid and has no wiggle to it so that is an improvement.

For me the Velocity LE shined as a pod mod. Both the .3 and the .15 ohm coils performed very well. I ran a chocolate mocca 555 recipe with the .3 ohm coil and found that 30 watts was plenty for me. The flavor and vapor production were very good. For the .15 coil I ran a 3mg lemon pound cake recipe that I use a lot for reviews. The flavor was also very good and the vapor production was obviously more running at a much higher setting. I started the .15 coil out at 45 watts and worked my way up to 60 watts. That’s usually higher than I like to run on most coils but it performed well and wasn’t too warm. I don’t like an extremely warm vapor.

I did install the 510 adapter and decided to run an iTank on it with a .4 ohm coil which I commonly run at 45 watts on other mods. I was able to run at that same setting on the LE and did not notice any difference. However, with the adapter and a tank on the LE it made it feel heavy and unbalanced to me. It seemed like it was top heavy with the tank on it and slightly awkward. I had it sitting on my bench with my other mods and tanks in rotation and it was noticeably taller. That being said, the 510 adapter is very solid and there was no time that it came off accidentally. As a matter of fact it takes a bit of effort to remove it with a tank on top.

Here we are at the end again. Would I recommend the Oxva Velocity LE for you? If you are looking for a versatile mod that you can run as a pod mod or with any of your favorite tanks then yes I would. I very much like that it is able to use a 21700 battery for longer life between switching batteries. I normally tend to like the higher resistance stock coils and this one is no different. I really liked the .3 ohm coil and if I was going to buy more then these would be the ones I would get. If you already have unipro or unicoils then you can use those with this device.

I’d like to thank Sourcemore and Joyi for sending the Oxva Velocity LE for this review. Also a big thanks to you readers that made it to the end of my review again. Below is a link to the website and a coupon code for you if you would like to order one.

OXVA Velocity LE Pod Mod Kit 100W 5ml (sourcemore.com)

CODE: VELEK = $34.19

1665174102685.jpeg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review Hitt, the coils really produced great flavor in mine using a Blueberry Cereal for the 0.30Ω coil and Grape juice for the 0.15Ω coil.

Thanks Bob. Yes, the coils were really good.

Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread