P+ 18650 not firing properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeromeit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
New York
Hi I just received a brand new P+ 18650 and I'm having issues getting it to work. I tried the panasonic CGR18650CH and my atomizer never fired. I tried about 3 of them. It did work with a EH 2000mah IMR, however the atomizer was weak. I put the same batteries in my ssggts and they worked fine. What could be the issue? I'm definite that there was contact between the atomizer and the center pin. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
If you need to, you can add an additional thin o-ring or use two thin instead if you think that would help. The battery should be solid solid in there. I don't know how long a button-top is compared to a flat, maybe it's shorter.
As far as the atomizer goes, I dunno. I know that my P+s outperform my GG in the hitting department. What kind of atomizer is it?

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sorry to hear of your troubles, did you purchase the unit directly from us? If so, shoot me your name in a PM so i can look up your order number, i want to see how i set it up before i sent it out which may help me to diagnose the problem.

Setup (general rule of thumb):

With the Panasonic Button Top as you describe, you should run 1 thick Oring and 1 Thin Oring under the battery (.100 and . 070). 3 Washers on the button post contact. If running the flattop, try one thin Oring (.070) under the battery and one washer on the button post.

Most important, make sure the screw in contact on the button is tightened with a screwdriver (thats why i machine it with slots) if it is loose or finger tight, its like having a loose connection on your battery and will cause weak and intermittent firing.

Last edited:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I'm having some issues with mine as well. Sometimes my atomizers don't fire well either. My Cobra won't fire at all, it doesn't seem to screw down far enough. Any ideas?

Edit: I have 3 washers on it. I tried 4 but it won't screw on properly.
The issue could be that the Cobra 510 connection is too short for the P+. I direct your attention here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/super-t-manufacturing/347562-please-explain-how-adjust.html for David's proposed solution.
Everything was hunky-dory until everybody and their brother started turning out their own versions of the ghastly Genesis-style atomizer.

Nicblazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Indiana
Phre, one of the MOST overlooked things on a P+ is exactly what David has said :

"Most important, make sure the screw in contact on the button is tightened with a screwdriver (thats why i machine it with slots) if it is loose or finger tight, its like having a loose connection on your battery and will cause weak and intermittent firing."

That screw has to be tight. I count myself as one that had the very same problem. Once I tightened that screw, it became night and day.

Take care,

Nic

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm having some issues with mine as well. Sometimes my atomizers don't fire well either. My Cobra won't fire at all, it doesn't seem to screw down far enough. Any ideas?

Edit: I have 3 washers on it. I tried 4 but it won't screw on properly.

Yours isn't a matter of setup, its to do with too short of 510 connector on the tank/rba to make proper connection, i can press out your pin and press it back in .010 higher if you'd like, should cure the problem. See here for more information: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/super-t-manufacturing/347562-please-explain-how-adjust.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread