P4U/Green Leaf IPV2 50W - Product Spec, Performance, Usage & Issues Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Drake

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2014
Gulf Coast
I too would recommend waiting for either the sigelei 100 or ipv 3 especially if you haven't bought one yet. They can do all the things the current ones can but have 2 18650s and can go up to 100 watts in addition to a couple other small bonuses. Even if you have no desire to vape at high watts you could still vape it in the lower to medium range of the device (the ipv 2's current range) but with more run time and likely some minor updates. Win win honestly unless the additional cost is a major factor. But for me, I'd definitely go with one of those.

Keirster

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Brandon, Fl
I dont see myself needing more than 50 watts. I currently own an MVP 2, VV3 and a Turtleship V2 clone. I do like to sub, but the performance of the mech leave me a bit disappointed with the voltage drop and its a clone, so problems with the delrin and the pin adjustment, etc... I have been able to fight off the urge of buying every mod I think looks nice, but I just want a device that I press a button, inhale and clouds come out ;)

Last edited:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Yeah...is it an issue to wait till September? If my IPV2 had dual batterIes, I wouldn't think about getting an ipv3. It's a nice size..I wouldn't want it bigger.

But hey with the t5..since it's 44mm wide, it won't look too much like a sex toy with an atomizer on top..if your going to use a 46mm+ wide atomizer, yeah.. I'd feel weird putting that in my mouth.

If you like the turtle ship, I have no issues with my infinite version. I actually swapped derlin insulator/adjuster with my tobeco version, and it's not giving me issues anymore either.

Maybe get a better derlin piece for it? It would be easy to tap threads into it.

cynik

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2014
Known Earth

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
And I am cross posting as I posted in the wrong thread. I will see if I can go edit my other.

Nice to see this thread. I had started avoiding the first thread as it was making me crazy. I do hope everyone that is still waiting gets their mod.

I pulled out ( from elev8) and ordered from Origin Vape last Thursday and Eric had it in my hand by Saturday. I got the silver one and I have hardly put it down since getting it. With the exception of the few little things already mentioned. The door screws, usb port location. I love this thing! I have not had any problem as of yet with my 510 connection and I have adjusted it a few times to make my atty sit flush but I appreciate that tip as I will be careful with it.

I do agree if they can keep the size down a dual 18650 would be so much better. Thank you for doing the Q&A with PY4.

I have ordered a jwrap for it. I keep looking at the door wondering just how hard it would be to do the magnet thing that has been talked about. I am so tempted to try it. I like to tinker but there have been times it has not gone so well so I think I had better just wait and see if someone else masters this. :) I do find myself using the touch fire button more than I thought I would. I am really pleased with that feature.

I have run 0.4 and gone all the way up to 2.0 and I seem to enjoy right around the 0.8 to 1 ohm range myself. I was thinking of pulling out my cats RDA today and trying a quad on it. I don't think it will ever be a mod I take with me if I go out. (my REO still holds that spot) but I am very happy with the device. I will keep an eye on the ipv3 but I still would have liked to see them change the usb port location and how the door attaches. Guess I can't have everything :)

Keirster

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Brandon, Fl
Just posted an interview i did with Pioneer4you about the new iPV3 100 watt box mod
In it he comments about the elev8 issue and the iPV2
Check it out:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/590516-breaking-news-ipv3-100-watt-box-mod-interview-pioneer4you.html

Well, it seems that I should do the prudent thing and wait till Aug 30 and get the IPV3. Thanx for all that great info. I like the idea of 2 batts and a longer life. I guess I can wait another month ( but I dont want to :( )

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
What the hell kind of atomizers are they using over there? My origen, which I filed down a TON, still isn't flush with pin all the way down on ipv..I think it will be just a little too short with out it..but before I filed down the origen, it may have had a 1mm+ gap on the ipv with pin removed..edit-i filed origen down when I first got it...some mods wouldn't thread completely together it was so long. Clone, duh.

Edit- wrap configuration from jwraps...rough version of mine.
uqezuvuq.jpg

The seem looks like it'll be covered by atty...editedit- yeah.. seam would be on bottom..lol dum ace. I'm trying to talk them into just sending me a filled in side (plastic thing has no purpose), and no venting for wrap. I usually have my battery cover off at home anyways, and the battery cover isn't sealed at all.. I'll be ok with covering up my vent holes..in a bad spot too.. honestly. Lol plastic that's housing internals make them almost useless.

Last edited:

CaCHooKa Man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
www.youtube.com
JJVapes said:
Voluntary Recall - IPV V2 by Pioneer For You (Greenleaf)

To Whom It May Concern:

JJVapes is voluntarily recalling all IPV V2 mods sold to our customers due to a malfunction found to overheat an internal electrical component, causing smoke to be released through the bottom “vent holes” of the unit. On August 4th, 2014 a JJVapes team member experienced this issue while using their personal unit, only a couple of weeks after the product’s release. We would like to be clear, this is NOT a recall issued by the manufacturer. The manufacturer has been notified, and we are awaiting a response.

Though this may have been a fluke event, we are asking any and all customers who purchased this device from JJVapes to please return it for a full refund, while more testing is conducted on the IPV V2. If you currently own an IPV V2 that was not purchased from JJVapes, we ask that you please use caution and care, as with any vaping device.

Thanks,
The JJVapes Team

https://www.facebook.com/jjvapes/posts/650096341725945

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
The only time I noticed my device get extremely hot was when I tried to charge it using the usb port from my laptop. I unplugged it right away. It has been fine since. I have been charging it using a regular wall adapter plug with a different usb cord. I have been using the one I use for my cell phone. Could be just the usb cord that it came with. Not sure but I am a little leery to try it again :) It charges just fine the way I am doing it now.

teajayyy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
california
*Update @ 12:57AM EST 8/6: It has been brought to our attention that there was a Skype interview done between ECF forum member "Budkiss". After speaking to P4Y and following up on member "Budkiss", we were able to identify that he is a vendor who is trying to spread a rumor saying that our order was cancelled and that we will no longer receive units from P4Y. It is very sad that this vendor has stooped so low to try to have customers lose faith in us. Silver units will be going out tomorrow, we will provide picture proof of their arrival from P4Y.

shots fired. and that may be the lowest thing i have ever heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread