P4U/Green Leaf IPV2 50W - Product Spec, Performance, Usage & Issues Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I have an IPV2 inbound. I wasn't planning on buying one but couldn't pass it up for $70 shipped (RTD Vapor is running 30% off all mods). Since ordering it last night I've read this entire thread, lol. Hopefully it will be a solid unit. If not, guess I'll get to deal with Asmodus.

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
I have an IPV2 inbound. I wasn't planning on buying one but couldn't pass it up for $70 shipped (RTD Vapor is running 30% of all mods). Since ordering it last night I've read this entire thread, lol. Hopefully it will be a solid unit. If not, guess I'll get to deal with Asmodus.

Thanks for the info on the sale. I do not need a ipv2 but toppers are another story.

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
I have an IPV2 inbound. I wasn't planning on buying one but couldn't pass it up for $70 shipped (RTD Vapor is running 30% off all mods). Since ordering it last night I've read this entire thread, lol. Hopefully it will be a solid unit. If not, guess I'll get to deal with Asmodus.

IMO the ipv is a solid device for the price. Unfortunately the way technology is changing these days with mods it is already very outdated. Nevertheless I don't see another advanced mod in my near future as my IPV coupled with a VTC4 are more than satisfying and definitely keeping me from going back to the ol analogs.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
IMO the ipv is a solid device for the price. Unfortunately the way technology is changing these days with mods it is already very outdated. Nevertheless I don't see another advanced mod in my near future as my IPV coupled with a VTC4 are more than satisfying and definitely keeping me from going back to the ol analogs.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Crazy that just two months ago the IPV2 was a hot rod. It'll suffice perfectly for my commuting and office vaping needs. I'll likely carry it and my DNA30 every day topped with my Eleaf Lemo RTAs. For home use, I'll probably purchase one of the 100W+ boxes for dripping along side my mech. Kind of waiting for the Cloupor T8 to drop and see how it compares to the Sigelei 100 and the IPV3.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Even when I'm dripping I almost never go below 0.7 ohms in my builds, rarely above 20 watts, and almost never above 30. The wattage race is insane IMHO...just think about it..a few months ago all we had was the DNA 20 and now we 150 watts mods are advertised everywhere. I feel nervous already playing with a 50 watts device close to my face :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Even when I'm dripping I almost never go below 0.7 ohms in my builds, rarely above 20 watts, and almost never above 30. The wattage race is insane IMHO...just think about it..a few months ago all we had was the DNA 20 and now we 150 watts mods are advertised everywhere. I feel nervous already playing with a 50 watts device close to my face :D

That is what I have found out myself. I am dripping with 6 nic and a 25/75 PG/VG blend and rarely hit 20W. I have found that 32ga spaced coils produce quite a nice vape and low watts safely without torching my wick with a quickness. I have tried pure unflavored VG (0 nic) and can crank the watts but that kinda gets old (to me). I vape to not smoke, but I have been bitten by the hobby side of it.

Everybody is different and the IPV2 is still a good device for the casual vaper. I get great battery life out of mine at lower watts (between 7.5 - 13). For day to day use I have it topped with a modified Aerotank and it does great. When I am stationary I break out my dripper and usually hit 13W on a dual coil 32ga build @1.3-ish ohms. Either way my VTC4 keeps up. I don't think I have totally killed it yet as I am usually around some sort of USB port and this thing seems to charge fairly fast.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.

Agreed , doesn't matter what topper i use i don't break 20 watts either , i get the most satisfying vapes below 20 watts and builds from 1.2 1.8 ohm's even on my dripper's.

I don't like having a device that has the potential to blow my face off either , a little scary.

That is what I have found out myself. I am dripping with 6 nic and a 25/75 PG/VG blend and rarely hit 20W. I have found that 32ga spaced coils produce quite a nice vape and low watts safely without torching my wick with a quickness. I have tried pure unflavored VG (0 nic) and can crank the watts but that kinda gets old (to me). I vape to not smoke, but I have been bitten by the hobby side of it.

Everybody is different and the IPV2 is still a good device for the casual vaper. I get great battery life out of mine at lower watts (between 7.5 - 13). For day to day use I have it topped with a modified Aerotank and it does great. When I am stationary I break out my dripper and usually hit 13W on a dual coil 32ga build @1.3-ish ohms. Either way my VTC4 keeps up. I don't think I have totally killed it yet as I am usually around some sort of USB port and this thing seems to charge fairly fast.

Yup , i prefer that range as well , this ecig stuff can very easily get hobby like which i was not expecting at all , i would have bet the house i would not still be commenting on ecig forums after i initially just asked for a recommendation to stop smoking .

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
I'm with most of you guys. I rarely Crack 30. I will do 50w on rare occasion, usually with my plume veil just to show curious folks what the difference between 25 to 50w is.

So extra power would be completely lost on me.

The new temp control on the dna40 is very tempting, otoh I have been vaping long enough to where a full on dry hit is very rare for me. So I don't know if I can justify another mod when I am more than happy with my IPV2 (save for the idiotic placement of the USB port). Hell, I'm still pretty happy with my Cloupor hana!

P.S. Herb, anything with a battery can "blow your face off." Some of the worst cases were from cigalikes.

cynik

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2014
Known Earth
These recent "upgrades" are definitely overkill, IMO. For something that we initially got into for the purposes of harm reduction, there is an increasing disregard for safety. 150+ watts? It's getting ridiculous.

I wish mod manufacturers would focus more on device accuracy, stability, and additional safety/monitoring features like what Evolv are doing now with the DNA40.

Too many gimmicks; not enough quality.

Augmented Dog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
These recent "upgrades" are definitely overkill, IMO. For something that we initially got into for the purposes of harm reduction, there is an increasing disregard for safety. 150+ watts? It's getting ridiculous.

I wish mod manufacturers would focus more on device accuracy, stability, and additional safety/monitoring features like what Evolv are doing now with the DNA40.

Truth, indeed!

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt

+1 to that!!!

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I'm with most of you guys. I rarely Crack 30. I will do 50w on rare occasion, usually with my plume veil just to show curious folks what the difference between 25 to 50w is.

So extra power would be completely lost on me.

The new temp control on the dna40 is very tempting, otoh I have been vaping long enough to where a full on dry hit is very rare for me. So I don't know if I can justify another mod when I am more than happy with my IPV2 (save for the idiotic placement of the USB port). Hell, I'm still pretty happy with my Cloupor hana!

P.S. Herb, anything with a battery can "blow your face off." Some of the worst cases were from cigalikes.

Thanks for that info , makes me feel a lot better .:thumb::thumb:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I've been rocking this build at 32.1 Watts on my vume bell the past few days..straight. Weird as hell for me..
375b19d78ec636456ead0685ac847938.jpg

Someone on VU gave me hell for the length of the legs..lol.

Before I got the IPV2...I was vaping at higher wattages, but obviously not through the whole battery cycle. . .

I started out with the IPV2 at 50 Watts(edit-never under 40 Watts) constantly...but I was vaping things like teleos cloud science, made for higher wattages (just started DIY after she started vaping A LOT more...that's literally a medium sized smack addiction price.. for eliquid)..it's too good:/(see it is)..those will be the last flavors I think I could clone.. there's something about beta and gamma I can't really describe..

But anyways... I've dropped down in power a lot since using this "chain-kanthal."

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Just reread another thread..forgot my IPV2 was getting pretty warm..forgot to post about it..

It's not getting hot, but it's enough for concern, because my atty is only flush when my 510 screw works its way down if I mess with my atomizer a lot, or swap atomizers..but if I'm able to, I get the screw back up to where I can get one thread on it.

Anyone getting issues like that? Obviously, it's from probably a gallon of liquid acting as a waterfall over the time I've used it...I forgot to check my battery after a few days recently... even after being really neat..it was a mess, but my battery cover is hanging on by a thread..

I wish I could talk like the pirate captain in that archer episode (or I guess that was a trilogy thing...nerd).I tried finding a clip of him...oh well..failed.. this is a pirate..
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...znlxinI-A10gvqAQg&sig2=u_B-YFPtcryfnaeFnM1_ZA

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I'm just trying to keep honest info out there.
High power does not inherently mean high danger. Poor designs and or abusive/negligent users are a different story.

Obviously your talking battery safety , whether high power vaping is more dangerous than low power thats another story completely.

snipeslayer

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2014
United States
Just reread another thread..forgot my IPV2 was getting pretty warm..forgot to post about it..

It's not getting hot, but it's enough for concern, because my atty is only flush when my 510 screw works its way down if I mess with my atomizer a lot, or swap atomizers..but if I'm able to, I get the screw back up to where I can get one thread on it.

Anyone getting issues like that? Obviously, it's from probably a gallon of liquid acting as a waterfall over the time I've used it...I forgot to check my battery after a few days recently... even after being really neat..it was a mess, but my battery cover is hanging on by a thread..

I wish I could talk like the pirate captain in that archer episode (or I guess that was a trilogy thing...nerd).I tried finding a clip of him...oh well..failed.. this is a pirate..
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...znlxinI-A10gvqAQg&sig2=u_B-YFPtcryfnaeFnM1_ZA

When mine started doing that I had drops of juice between the bottom of the atty and the IPV body itself. Wiped them away and problem solved (for me at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread