Status
Not open for further replies.

Augmented Dog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
And the troubles begin. I've had my IPV2 since 10/18 and it has been flawless until this weekend. Now it jumps resistance with every atty I put on it. I can remove the atty and put it back on and that usually does the trick for a bit and then it starts going nuts again. Guess it is going to Asmodus. Hopefully that won't be too painful. Looks like they now require you to pre-pay the "administrative" warranty fee. Kind of crappy but I guess I'd rather pay the piper than write off this device. Good thing my Sig 100 and Hana clone are still going strong.

I have an IPV2s and just noticed the same problem you were talking about.
Don't know if this will work for you, but I knew that my coil needed cleaning and rewicking and that can affect the resistance, so I took apart my KFL and wound up rebuilding the coil as the old one was actually shot.
After the rebuild, the readings on my box normalized ( at least for now). Maybe this will also help solve your problem. Let me know.
I'll post back with an update to let you know if my problem is actually solved as it currently seems to be.
Good luck!

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
So is the 510 adjustable or not? This thread has conflicting info:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-getting-check-atomizer-ipv2-help-please.html

P7Wm9Rw.png

I also remember seeing a pic on imgur showing a broken 510 solder connection from adjusting the 510. I haven't tried to adjust it based on some of these reports.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
And the troubles begin. I've had my IPV2 since 10/18 and it has been flawless until this weekend. Now it jumps resistance with every atty I put on it. I can remove the atty and put it back on and that usually does the trick for a bit and then it starts going nuts again. Guess it is going to Asmodus. Hopefully that won't be too painful. Looks like they now require you to pre-pay the "administrative" warranty fee. Kind of crappy but I guess I'd rather pay the piper than write off this device. Good thing my Sig 100 and Hana clone are still going strong.

What is this "administrative" warranty fee?

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
What is this "administrative" warranty fee?

Pioneer4You - Warranty Information

As mentioned in paragraphs 3 and 4, shipping is NOT COVERED by our warranty center. By using our repair and replacement services, the BUYER AGREES TO PAY the $8 administration fee for the reports and paperwork filed to send your defective mod back to Pioneer4You. We DO NOT manufacture this product; we offer this warranty service as a courtesy to the US vaping community so they are not required to send their mods to China for assistance. We are not paid by Pioneer4You for our services or time.

To expedite your replacement process, we are now requiring customers to pre-pay for the warranty services. You can click on the below link to pay the $8 admin fee before sending in your defective mod. PLEASE NOTE: If the damages prove to be USER FAULT, additional charges may apply before your product can be sent back to you. An ASMODUS representative will contact you if that is the case. After pre-paying for the warranty services, please provide us your transaction ID on a piece of paper (or a printed receipt of the transaction) with your mod when you send it in. Without this, we will not be able to verify payment and will return your mod to you.

danca90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
Mine is adjustable with a philips screwdriver. I have one of the earlier models. I didnt know there was one with a spring loaded 510.

Yep. There is one between the 2, and the 2s. The upgraded 2 has larger screws with hex heads, and a spring loaded 510. You can tell because the updated ones do not have the "+" ,"-", and "power" written on them. Just the buttons.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014

arken21

Verified Member
May 23, 2014
United States
I'm still debating which to buy...there's panasonic, samasung, efest ... they all seem pretty good. I don't do rda yet, but i wanna buy a battery that's more "future proof" (yea...i know it will dies out anyway), which one should i buy?

And should I charge the battery via the usb cable or i should buy a proper charger for the battery?

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
I'm still debating which to buy...there's panasonic, samasung, efest ... they all seem pretty good. I don't do rda yet, but i wanna buy a battery that's more "future proof" (yea...i know it will dies out anyway), which one should i buy?

And should I charge the battery via the usb cable or i should buy a proper charger for the battery?
USB is just fine. It seems that the USB method charges pretty quickly. I don't have a standard charger so I can't compare to USB charging. That was a deal breaker for the double battery box mods as I couldn't charge as easily as I can the ipv2.

I can easily go a day and a half with my vape usage above with a VTC4. All batteries listed above are sufficient so get one that is most comfortable for you at the price you want to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread