P4U/Green Leaf IPV2 50W - Product Spec, Performance, Usage & Issues Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

abrb701

Jul 30, 2014
Washington
^*sigh of relief*

I thought I became a fanboi.lol

My box number is L0297. I've seen a lot of people say they have that same number inside on the box...no hot glue in sight...there was a little bit of plastic on the positive contact for battery..but it wasn't stuck on it..

The gap on phil's battery cover is crazy...mine is a seam. My original post clearly shows the little lip of the cover being a tad too long.

But yeah..17minutes in..dude needs ADD meds if he's going to keep doing this stuff.

No issues with screws... except that they're small and a pita..but they catch easily, and I've never felt like I was about to cross thread them..looks like Phil torqued the hell out that one screw.lol If it doesn't thread easily, don't force it..but his unit looks ef'd up...so I'm sure he didn't do that all on his own.
Ya I'm loving mine, screws come in and out easily, takes me 30 seconds to switch batteries. I don't know what can really be done to fix peoples issue with the touch sensor, even my phones touch screen messes up sometimes and its from one of the biggest manufacturers in the world. Technology does have its limits, it is nice having a button that doesn't make noise, but other than that it seems like more a novelty than anything.
Granted, this is the only regulated mod I've had besides the zmax, so I don't have much to compare it to, but the internals look clean, I think the fire buttons are located well, and the range is good.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Ok...I have a video...but to sum it up:

I forced the touch sensor to fire twice...it took a puddle of liquid each time, but as soon as it dispersed and was no longer a puddle, it stops.

I also put a puddle of liquid on the touch sensor, and I engaged the touch sensor by hand... again, a quick dispersion disengaged the touch sensor- not even a wipe, liquid was still all over it-

With a little liquid on the touch sensor, you can play around with it and force it to continue to fire...then another touch and it stops.

Edit- I didn't think I would ever use my touch sensor either. I was pleasantly surprised with it, and I only use the analogue button to turn on touch sensor.

Last edited:

ant89

Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
SF,CA
^*sigh of relief*

I thought I became a fanboi.lol

My box number is L0297. I've seen a lot of people say they have that same number inside on the box...no hot glue in sight...there was a little bit of plastic on the positive contact for battery..but it wasn't stuck on it..

The gap on phil's battery cover is crazy...mine is a seam. My original post clearly shows the little lip of the cover being a tad too long.

But yeah..17minutes in..dude needs ADD meds if he's going to keep doing this stuff.

No issues with screws... except that they're small and a pita..but they catch easily, and I've never felt like I was about to cross thread them..looks like Phil torqued the hell out that one screw.lol If it doesn't thread easily, don't force it..but his unit looks ef'd up...so I'm sure he didn't do that all on his own.

I guess its safe to say, batch L0297 has no issues.

noEG3n5l.jpg

I did not even try to open it with the supplied screwdriver.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Got mine in. Have none of the problems PBusardo had with his except my back plate could have a little shaved off the edges to make the back fit a little more flush, Bt I had no warpage as his did.. The battery fits tight.

I did disable the touch sensor because I wont use it. Seems to be working fine so far. One thing I noticed is the device in the sx330 adds .1 ohm to all my attys that I have tried. My DNA30 reads -.1 ohm lower on all same attys. No biggy.. Feels like a pretty nice device. Time will tell..

jluc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Colorado
Same L0297 numbers on mine and it has none of the issue's Phil's had, and his had issue's. If mine came with any of those issue's I would give it a thumbs down also.
His number was L0326, so maybe that's a factory# or batch#...?
L0297 on mine also. Seems it was a good batch.

cynik

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2014
Known Earth
I've had mine for a day now. Batch code is W0081.

The only complaints/issues I've had so far is that the back plate isn't flush on one of the edges, the 510 connection is slightly crooked to one side (not by a lot, just a millimeter or two), and most of my attys don't sit flush with the 510 post screwed all the way down. The battery (VTC5) can be slightly loose, but I haven't had it reset or power off by itself. The screws--we all think they suck. Fortunately I knew I had to be careful with them days before I received mine, so no stripping yet.

Overall, for the price, I say it's a good buy. I overpaid a little for it, being in Canada, but I'm pretty satisfied. Will it hold up? We'll know a year from now.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Someone asked for build picks...my friend was 'saying' he thinks he needs 52 Watts...funny.
26awg, ~3.2mm ID...0.66 Ohms
6aqu7epe.jpg
pe8atana.jpg
se3y7edu.jpg

Since I haven't put it in this thread:
26awg, 2mm ID.....1.02 Ohms
yzugyvez.jpg
4aqe5u5y.jpg
a6ypamyh.jpg

26awg, 2mm ID.....2 Ohms..sloppy, but it works..
e8uta6a6.jpg

28awg, 2mm ID.....0.22 Ohms..I use a lot more wick than usual with tobh's..on 4nine in picture, but it worked great on ipv, until the tobh insulator fell apart. I've found ~1ohm duals with 28awg kanthal to be my spot... but it's nice having an atty you can swap back and forth to mech and regulated, and gives you great performance on either..
udu6e8et.jpg

I'll add an omega build in a moment.:)
Edit-
Omega is a great atty..I much prefer it over the tobh for function, but the builds on it are limited.. I've just stuck with this diagonal build.. I don't like the way the modder intended you to build it..
26awg, 2mm ID...0.5 Ohms
nyzabu7a.jpg

I'm going to add a nano-cloud build on a tobh to this post too...if it vapes well tomorrow.. all of these vape great... the 6coil build starts to burn on two coils if you try to push it over and beyond your limits, but vapes fine when pulled normally.

And a friendly reminder just in case I didn't post this already, if you only use one battery with yours, periodically take off battery cover. You may have some liquid form up...this was right after I dumped like 3mL on my touch sensor on purpose.

Haha my biggest complaint with this mod is it fogs my room up so much, I am worried it will ruin my TV. I just got a shipment of juices in and have got the drippers dialed in, its definitely worth the money.
Yeah... the first day of having 50Watts forever, awesome/priceless. Whichever sounds better with the voice in your head.

I also got a giant vapes order the day I received mine...it was my first juice order in a long time. One of the best days of vape mail for me... I'm thinking what's on its way from Greece will be better though. :)

Last edited:

debinnv

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Island Of Misfit Toys
W0067 here and don't have a picture handy but I love this thing with either my Caterpillar or my Origen. The Origen I like the best out of the two. I was going to build up my Cats but it is such a PITA to build lol. Maybe tomorrow if I am not lazy :) I really very happy with the device. As cynic said, we will see how it holds up over time.

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Regarding Phil's video:

I've held 3 iPV's so far (and use one most of a day), and none had the gap that his showed. Of course, he readily admited that he stripped one of his screws, so it's possible the screw wasn't tightening all the way and that's why he had a gap.

The glue residue he showed by the screen is probably the film cover that is over both displays. It's hard to tell there even is a clear cover over them and it's not easy to get off, and I'm pretty sure he didn't take his off (you could tell by the opaqueness of the display). That was just part of the screen protector he was rubbing off with his nails.

And regarding the touch screen issues, it's the main reason I would turn mine off immediately. It's a gimmick. It works on heat (from your finger), so anything that's put on it with heat (i.e. liquid) is going to do that. Really nothing that can be done about it, and for that reason I wish they wouldn't have even put it on. But, it is what it is.

The back door having a lip I believe is intentional, because it gives you a place to grab the back door and take if off once the screws are removed. If the lip prevents you from putting your atty flush, you can always make sure the lip is on the bottom when putting the back door on.

And none of the units I saw (nor have I heard it from others) have had an issue with the battery not fitting correctly either. Maybe he was using flat tops and needed to use a button top (which is what I use), I don't know.

I also haven't heard of anyone else having the reading issues that he experienced, so not sure what's up with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread