• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pagan/Wiccan Revival 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Howdy you did not scare me away either and Blue was correct at work. Thanks for the videos I will go back and watch them after posting; and I have watched some of hers already.

Okay so the unsure post last night is that I am not sure I want to undo what has been done. This lady is bad, and I mean on the verge of you being able to say evil. She bragged of the things she did to people. Her ex-husband has been cast upon and lives to this day in a shed behind her house, some 30 years now. I am not sure she should have anything back. Sorry just being truthful, but will listen to what is said.

Oh @liblue1 that is beautiful! and I care; you should see the case of rocks and crystals in my mind that you will have.

Merry meet all.

Reactions: liblue1

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Thanks for the invite Lilblue and Merry Meet to you all!

Ive been a practicing Wiccan for a little over two decades now.

I dont really have a single specialty or Pantheon that I draw inspiration from so eclectic is probably the best word to describe me.

My Patron God is Lugh and he is known for being a jack of all trades. One story goes that when he tried to gain admittance to the Tuatha De Danann he was refused admittance until he could demonstrate a unique skill. He demonstrated his skill at smithing, as a poet, a warrior, a magician and a harpist only to be told that they already had someone with those talents. Undaunted, Lugh then asked if they had someone who could do all of them, thereby securing his entry into the halls.

I enjoyed reading the other entries in this thread and concur with the comments about focus and intent.

What matters is that whatever object(s) you choose has(have) meaning for you. Casting a spell is very much like saying a prayer....or using a rosary. All of them require focus, intent and faith.

Last edited:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I also use a mojo bag with my "stones of the day" goes into.....and carried around my neck......
Thanks for the invite Lilblue and Merry Meet to you all!

Ive been a practicing Wiccan for a little over two decades now.

I dont really have a single specialty or Pantheon that I draw inspiration from so eclectic is probably the best word to describe me.

My Patron God is Lugh and he is known for being a jack of all trades. One story goes that when he tried to gain admittance to the Tuatha De Danann he was refused admittance until he could demonstrate a unique skill. He demonstrated his skill at smithing, as a poet, a warrior, a magician and a harpist only to be told that they already had someone with those talents. Undaunted, Lugh then asked if they had someone who could do all of them, thereby securing his entry into the halls.

I enjoyed reading the other entries in this thread and concur with the comments about focus and intent.

What matters is that whatever object(s) you choose has(have) meaning for you. Casting a spell is very much like saying a prayer....or using a rosary. All of them require focus, intent and faith.
I studied Lugh/Lough for one year....Scathatch is important to me........

Last edited:

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
..like many here, I'm a rock picker upper since I was small.
I have a Native friend who picks up vibes from stones...and I have found her a few she likes. I have also had a fascination with all things native and long forgotten...which is odd, as my roots this time around are European ...I'm first generation on these soils. Course if we are talking re-incarnation...I have an affinity for the southern California Coastal indians ... the caves, missions and the history. There are other lands that resonate with me.... The East and Eastern religions, though I cannot commit to any one. Someone once told me I've been a Buddhist monk ...that might explain why I have no desire to do that again. :rolleyes:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I use the Tarot cards that tells the story of the Tuatha De Danann (the Celtic Tarot deck) ...........with all the characters of their history............this is Scathatch, (my favorite picture of her).........from the Sacred Circle Tarot deck.........
At her feet, a badger appears as the warrior’s familiar, and from the corner grows the magical herb borage. The name for this plant arose from the ancient Gaelic word borrach, meaning “a brave or courageous person.” Celts often soaked borage leaves in wine, which elevated adrenaline levels to evoke power and courage.

Renowned for her skills and strength, Scathach ran a school for warriors in her fortress on the Isle of Skye. Her name meant “the shadowy one,” and her fortress was known as Dun Scaith, the “Castle of Shadows.” Scathatch only trained the adept few who were brave enough to invade her fortress and entreat her tutelage within.

She was most renowned for training Cuchulain, the hero of the Irish Ulster saga. Though she is pictured with a sword while preparing for the Lughnasa games, Scathach is best known for the barbed spear Gae Bulg, which she gave to Cuchulain after he completed his training. Some tales accredit Scathatch with the power of prophesy, a gift often attributed to ravens.

For ancient Celts, the badger was regarded as the best familiar for the warrior’s intrepid spirit. Seen as unshakable and grounded, the indomitable badger inspired the path of a warrior with its courage and ferocity. The Celts believed that the badger knew all the secrets of Albion, and that its knowledge arose from the depths of the earth in which it dwelt. The badger taught many lessons to the ancient Celts, including the importance of seeking inner solitude.
b995c6f7326ec9fe50bda59b2423efe0.jpg

I also use Runes made from stones.......my preferred set is made from Carnelian as it has healing qualities..........it looks something like this set.............
il_570xN.858344940_fntw.jpg

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
I have a Native friend who picks up vibes from stones...
I discovered, many years ago (in a land far far away) that I can "feel" certain stones. I was at a gem show and was sorting through some beautiful quartz crystals (quartz has electrical qualities, so it is commonly used in electronics) and if I held the stone on the flattened palm of my left hand, the good ones would cause a tiny tingle in my palm. Those are the ones that went home with me. Other rocks generate warmth or unusual coolness, etc.

EDIT: I should add here, just in case anyone wonders why they can't feel this... For many many years, I had to buy a new watch every year (the wind-up variety) because, it appears, I have an unusually high resonant magnetic field (some call that an aura) and the watch parts would become magnetized and cease to keep proper time. Even with the new watches (electronic, no moving metal parts), they won't stay accurate very long. I can also put my hand near any part of your body, without touching your skin, and you will feel the heat and energy pulse into you (probably why I am good at Reiki healing). ...just sayin'...

Last edited:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What do you think about the fake stones being sold on places like Feebay?
I have accidentally purchased a few in the past.....and you can really tell there is no "life" in them at all......or some are made from resin & stone powder......with a very slight field of life.............but not as it should be....

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
...that is so unethical...on so many levels
Agreed....but it is really happening.....I noticed the first one over a year ago........since that time I am careful who I buy from.....but still some of them are really nice.....and you can't tell until you touch them......

Reactions: KatzWh1skers

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
What do you think about the fake stones being sold on places like Feebay?
I would never buy a stone online. Today, damn near everything is faked if they can make a higher profit from synthetic as opposed to real. And that might be OK for little girls wanting nothing more out of them than to make bling to impress their friends. Check your local paper and look for nearby gem shows (predominantly summer events at local fairgrounds). Not only will all the rocks be real but usually a lot cheaper.

Reactions: KatzWh1skers

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Last month I acquired a large Selenite tower.........it came from a US seller who know her stuff and it has all the power it should have.........so I went back and got a second one to help cleanse all my other stones....
s-l1600.jpg

Some of the properties:
Selenite is a stone of mental clarity. This clarity enhances mental flexibility and enables strong decision making abilities. It can affect every day life as full mental clarity into play to lesson confusion and mental disorientation.
Selenite is also a stone of truth and honesty. This promotes good business practices as well as honesty in other types of relationships.
Selenite is associated with the moon it is named for. This brings associations and energies of the unconscious, instinct, subconscious, and emotional well-being. The moon association also brings water energy to the fore, creating the flexibility and intuition.
Though Selenite is associated with the moon, it is also a sweet angel stone. It is used for contacting and communicating with angels for guidance. It can also be used for finding and working with other spirit guides.
Selenite remove energy blocks, particularly from the physical and etheric bodies. It can also remove energy blocks in the bodies of other crystals and stones. This makes it excellent for enhancing the properties of other stones and for clearing and charging them. It is also an excellent stone for protection grids, as one visitor pointed out.
Selenite is a stone of powerful intuition and psychic awareness through its influence on the third eye chakra. You can access past lives and do past life work and healing with it. It is also beneficial for psychic efforts, especially clairvoyance.
Meditation and spiritual development are eased and promoted by selenite. Meditations become sparkling clear over time when working with selenite and it brings a clarity to your spiritual understanding of the universe and your place in it.
Selenite can be used to dispel negativity, both on an emotional and an etheric level. This makes it a good stone for protection. This energy combined with its angel associations makes it outstanding for angelic protection. You need only hold the selenite and pray or ask with intent for angels to protect you.
Selenite is a stone of love, which on the surface may seem odd. Its properties of mental flexibility and honesty, help maintain a loving relationship comfortably and with ease. It also brings harmony and inner peace which allow for recognizing love and acting in a loving manner.
Selenite is used in crystal healing for removing blocks to healing, dissolving secondary gain issues, confusion, particularly from alzheimer's disease or dementia, aligning the spine, decreasing epilepsy and seizures.It also promotes flexibility, assists with absorption of calcium and other minerals and vitamins. Selenite is used to promote fertility, increase the libido, and is a protector of pregnancy and motherhood. Note that healing crystal meanings are spiritual supports to healing and are not prescriptions or healthcare information.
Selenite is primarily associated with the Crown and Third Eye chakras. It is also related to the sacral chakra.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It was a Yule present........and I was so impressed by the power that I just meditated for hours.....
I learned my lesson about ordering from China.....I know they are blowing up mountains over there and finding all kinda of stones......but what they are actually doing with them I am not sure of.....

Last edited:
Reactions: zapped

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I also discovered a few years back that they are creating record keeper crystals........and also calling anything with a triangle/diamond edge a record keeper......I have a few that have been with me for a long time, before they started creating fakes.......

Reactions: zapped

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Im about to start working on a new wand in a few weeks

Its cut from real English Blackthorn and is about the length of my forearm.

I coated it with butter and put it inside my chimney in a spot where it wouldnt get burnt.

Its the same process they use to make Irish Shillelaghs. Whats left is an incredibly durable purplish black glossy finish.

At the end of the wand Im going to attach three blackthorn thorns that are about 2 inches long and bound between them with silver wire will be a small piece of Baltic amber with a spider trapped inside.

When I first held this wood it came alive in my hand like no other has ever done. It startled me so bad I dropped it.

The amber felt alive too, but to a lesser degree.

Am really looking forward to finishing this even though Ive had others in my coven express concern.

Traditionally, blackthorn has been associated with death, black magic and the crafting of 'black rods" while the spider is associated with the Morrigan.

Thing is, I dont believe any of these materials to be inherently bad, as that depends almost entirely on the intent of the user....and the purpose to which theyre directed.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I love making wands.........I love Blackthorn it's very Scottish(Cailleach & the blackthorn staff)..........although Willow is my wood of choice......it's energy really resonates with me..(but then it should as I am of the moon).....
You must share some photos of it when you are done...it sounds wonderful...
I also don't believe an item is bad....only the intent of the one using it......
Here are a couple I made in 2012......most of the others sold already.....
il_570xN.867380177_ls57.jpg

il_570xN.499643052_jhvc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread