• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pagan/Wiccan Revival 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
My new rock friends arrived yesterday......I am so happy with them...
Jlwi_ktAZ1BO-hkELC9ByQ-AZGHCD_U3Ytty91jcqN18m71JXmp37jnD8XIcA80GmEtn7LUk7emy_NUAm8DB71ahyFF3exVxbY-T_TTCjDV_TXdzdZIM__k0P6-J0esCUHB6aV4JEUCduWI06gaw1wwKboy2THv6p5iCeseBRsmBLHi22Q7u_tNzMDTCUvZe_Lw5479WwIzMuqtgRbPk0bHTpdq3jaaex_ClA2-v_fF0rCGH7jXveZ8_LHEfcsiCvsaT_gvBaQNTN4L70Wg6VpaDDqGIG5b-3PWkY7WkvTR8k6Mx4rrsV5vcpWsWgQzVSOl4Npx5GFlODgC9fUtJpv28nsxv8ju7H8JNVH9WjwHQ6Ty_1Ko4gL7WnPg7QA8DJW6qpjEubx6d34OeQuCaF3uYrkrvqjwKX5JiNicJRka7i3yzIsh4ZCq3wmdncPtksIECciOUbHadVE2rBJPW9rjMVIMWLksrLHczHPugdsVxwkT2Tw97GidtYmDEJHw4c2Tf1Sx0FQiQ9f5fNkdu7oSNK659Nikb_IyjneRAD3QI2XLcjgqAuGkQvGbN44s_M-D3=w804-h708-no

The top is a crystal from Peru, the right one is Selenite from Texas, the Irredesant Bismuth is from Germany....I cleansed them with salt water & will put them in the full Moon....next week........then they will be ready to be used on my altar....
;););):):):danger::danger::danger::drool::drool:

Reactions: liblue1

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I'm so glad those things don't just start playing. I HATE THAT SONG! It was all I heard for a year, it was everywhere, that one, and the one from Frozen! GAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Now they'll be stuck in my head... gotta think of Pink Floyd or Journey or something to eradicate them!

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
A friend of mine had one of those that was a giant geode, about 2 feet tall, with the front broken out of it, and the inside was all sparkly purple crystals. OMG, it was so GORGEOUS. He named her Isis. I used to have a small one, but I can't remember where it is. Probably still packed... if we ever move to a bigger house and I unpack ALL the boxes that we still have stored, it's gonna feel like Christmas. I just recently found and unpacked my alter box, not that I have any place to set it up, and was shocked at how many things I'd forgotten I had.

Lynn, as far as your pictures, I'm not that good at identifying rocks. It's hard to see in a picture, anyway, without being able to hold it and turn it and see it in the sunlight. They're pretty, though, and that's all that really matters in the long run. They make you feel good, so they're special. :)

~Lannie
Agreed....if you like them and they allow you to feel something use them....maybe if you can meditate with them they might tell you what they can help with.....open your mind to them....

Reactions: KatzWh1skers

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
@LynnNC I need to see rocks closer up, roll them around, etc., to give positive ID. The ones with lots of white are milk quartz, generally found in the vicinity of gold mining operations or creeks where gold might be found nearby. A few others have crystalline quartz embedded in metamorphic rocks (combinations of many minerals squished together under pressure/heat). Sadly, I mostly cannot tell by just looking at pictures what, exactly, something is.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I understand that there were lots of mines there in NC......I found this...
Garnet, ruby & sapphire would be a great find..
Gem Mines and Mining - Franklin Chamber of Commerce
What To Look For At The Mines
The “3 C’s” of gem mining are Color, Clarity and Crystals. Gemstones come in every color from white to black. Garnets are glassy red , pink or reddish brown. Rubies are silky red, sapphires are every other color, and both have a crystal formation with 6 sides. Moonstones are pearly white to gray and peach to chocolate brown with a flat box-like shape. Quartz comes in many forms, sometimes clear colors like Amethyst and Citrine, sometimes opaque colors with mica flecks like Aventurine and of course clear with sides – quartz crystals. That’s just a few of the many gemstones found at local mines. Stop in at one of the many gem shops for a crash course in gem identification or spend some time at The Franklin Gem & Mineral Museum in the old jailhouse on Phillips Street in historic downtown Franklin.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hello y'all. I was happy to find this thread, so that maybe I can learn a little about Wicca. Personally, I've been (nominally) an Eckist for about 30 yrs; not formally for about 25 yrs now, but it's my belief system anyway. But, my son has begun an interest and practice in Wicca, and I would love to learn more about it. :)

Andria

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello y'all. I was happy to find this thread, so that maybe I can learn a little about Wicca. Personally, I've been (nominally) an Eckist for about 30 yrs; not formally for about 25 yrs now, but it's my belief system anyway. But, my son has begun an interest and practice in Wicca, and I would love to learn more about it. :)

Andria
Welcome @AndriaD .........and Merry Meet............

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
This is my huge Amethyst .....you can't really tell in this photo but it's over 12" tall and about 8" wide....it's over 10 lbs....I got it from a Geologist's collection years ago....
RwHPJMYGOyo24xMcPDWv5VK1Rp0-aBv3MPOl0KcqSiB33d4uukH-R-TnJYTfKo3FkVxSPXnaynfhzBqv2Cd7C3TD7YO1c7uO7HMGR06tG610Zyo94hmC3ewPTIv_uxRb8thuBgYKNe59TupbL4AyhYO088dgfR09e46lDacgXmWBU3VoxjjfDN-hSdLE0P0JFBtosKgEaldHG057EAZgu9xadXdC-t-BEZLu15bT-w6j_TED6j4vUay3eg52DpDcXqWv0rb1WSqDKJ-xuc4XAFXh79KoN0GSbnTTw26xpwlJy9tgHCNiarMo66G3bwZ2w_Uyd0ioGMr5NKJc1yjmjJrnO6bsTa9ysPA_kgDD3V-SlT3gKgfmIj0aXK1QKjYpkHR5xc65i1EfSah2z5SVRiuovJPaIf2RPUTZ7y-SedKYxaX51irXigi1SlPXa6lhA_7XOMsYrYdwgp56AjSQZwhCq9dMG4vV2lYXHxM2SgDmWOpZdDF1T6Tnw_7aiK0tJ4G5F0KfgPELSLfq4E_sTBJYdFcC562AL467H37wKO5a4h4O1R2pJ7yLUWNFxzrHbafm=w782-h708-no
Wow and yes, can I give you today's Torat? Can you explain yesterdays? I know it was good, but do not get it all.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
then the chariot, wheel of fortune, justice, temperance, the hanged man. something with lots of swords 9 is the card #, the ace of wands, 9 again a person with a lot of stars, knight of swords

Wow and yes, can I give you today's Torat? Can you explain yesterdays? I know it was good, but do not get it all.
Alright... I will see what I can do with these first....if this is the order I like to do them in pairs....
The death card & the chariot mean new beginning maybe with an adventure....
The Wheel & Justice means change...usually a legal issue ( we both know what that was)....
Temperance & The Hanged Man mean balance with a sacrifice......not always in your favor....
9 Swords & Ace of wands mean trapped with ideas......(can't make ideas come out right)
Person with a lot of stars (?) could be the star number XVII & the Knight of Swords mean dreams with setting out and ready to take on the world.......(prepared)
That make a lot of sense for where you are at today....based on what I know about you.........
what is really important is how they speak to you....you can evaluate them individually and read from left to right....I like to do 6 cards and pair them with the one next to it....

Last edited:
Reactions: tiggerrts

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
View attachment 523069 what do you guys think of my Herkimer diamond? Its much more impressive in person, and there are two in the hole.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Welcome @msrfrog ....Merry meet.................That's a great find..........
liblue, thanks! Yep there are lots of mines in the general area of my friend's parents house. I'll take these with me the next time I go. Maybe someone at one of the gem shops can tell me what they are. My journey continues...
I am sure someone who can touch them can help you better.....

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
There is a man sitting with nine cups above him, then two ladies are smiling holding three cups. Poor people look up five stars and a swords in the window, lots of spears; eight in fact. A family rejoices, the rainbow cups fill the air; the King of Pentacles sits. A Young man sits at a tree, the cloud brings a cup, Queen of Swords. Someone fallen? many swords, one below. a man stands one hand one that staff "spear" two more behind him.

Good news as I read it; but would love your input @liblue1
:):)

msrfrog

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Catskill NY
Thanks it was super exciting to find it!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tiggerrts

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
The one stone that looks gray and white in the pic is actually blue and white. Lots of purple, pink and greens as well. I guess I need to take them to a geologist or gemologist to figure out what they are.
..give it a day or so ...forwarding your pics to a geo friend ...course ...they preferr them live and in person ...but let's see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread