smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I should be good until July, but these are popping up.

IMG_1342.PNG

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    @smacuser, that's so ironic... that same add is showing as I read your post. I'm using someone else's computer and they don't want adblocker (I do use one on my laptop)
    Must be a glitch somewhere; the ad is not even vape related. I suppose I could install an ad blocker on my phone, but I feel it kind of defeats the purpose of paying the host to do it. Idk, maybe I broke the internet again.

:(

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I suppose I could install an ad blocker on my phone, but I feel it kind of defeats the purpose of paying the host to do it

That's right. Stop paying someone else and use a free ad blocker :D

I use AdBlockPlus on both Chrome and Firefox and never had problems. Easy as cake. Install it and forget it, pretty much. If you want to disable it for a certain site, that's easy too.

What I like MOST about it is that it blocks Youtube video ads. The ones that play before, during or after a video. No waiting to watch a video, no having to click "skip ad" after X seconds or anything. LUV IT!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I see the publishing ad. It's cool though. I am incorporating it into my next future dystopian novel where not the computers but the ADs become sentient, begin morphing and predicting the future.

Some politicians need to worry about their imagery. Bush the Father is gonna get attacked my a flying freaking cape of an American flag, while eagles caw "no new taxes my rear end" and like peck him to death.

Yes there will be time travel and alternate timelines. Coca cola has it coming (I am firmly on Pepsi's side.) For example.

Anna

Reactions: smacuser

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    This ad seems made to deliberately circumvent any sort of ad blocker service. I'm not sure ecf is able to block it.

Exactly right. Ad networks and individual advertisers try to circumvent ad blockers all the time. Sometimes they succeed, but eventually the ad blockers do get them blocked.

However, ECF might be able to do something. But it may have to be done by someone who has access to the publisher account on whatever ad network delivery system(s) they use. Which means it could take a while.

73neb

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 27, 2014
    N. California Bay Area
    I just re-upped for a two year subscription last week and am seeing the same adds. Just started yesterday with them between posts. Now today, a pop up add for juice that moves to the corner and stays there a while after you x it out. Please, someone tell me these will go away for supporting members.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread