Pain in lungs when breathing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PentiumIIIBaby

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know!
Hello, I am new to this forum, so I hope this thread is in the appropriate subsection, sorry if it isn't but this is kind of urgent and I need some advice.
I have been sick for around a week, and I've had heavy coughing, a few days ago I decided to stop cigarettes and move to vaping (while still sick), I got a basic vape (Joyetech EGO AiO) and some different liquids, none of them sketchy as far as I could tell. So far, it's pretty enjoyable, and yesterday I probably vaped for 2 hours straight emptying the tank several times and refilling it.
However today I have pain in the chest and lungs when breathing, it's not a sharp pain, just bothersome and I wanna ask is it normal for a beginner vapor to experience this, while your body is not used to vaping?
Any replies are very appreciated. Thanks!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello, I am new to this forum, so I hope this thread is in the appropriate subsection, sorry if it isn't but this is kind of urgent and I need some advice.
I have been sick for around a week, and I've had heavy coughing, a few days ago I decided to stop cigarettes and move to vaping (while still sick), I got a basic vape (Joyetech EGO AiO) and some different liquids, none of them sketchy as far as I could tell. So far, it's pretty enjoyable, and yesterday I probably vaped for 2 hours straight emptying the tank several times and refilling it.
However today I have pain in the chest and lungs when breathing, it's not a sharp pain, just bothersome and I wanna ask is it normal for a beginner vapor to experience this, while your body is not used to vaping?
Any replies are very appreciated. Thanks!
Hi and welcome.

If you are sick, see a doctor.
How many cigarettes did you smoke per day and for how long have you smoked?
What is the nicotine level of the liquid you purchased? What flavours/brands did you buy?

Have you stopped "smoking" completely?

cheers
I

PentiumIIIBaby

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know!
Hi and welcome.

If you are sick, see a doctor.
How many cigarettes did you smoke per day and for how long have you smoked?
What is the nicotine level of the liquid you purchased? What flavours/brands did you buy?

Have you stopped "smoking" completely?

cheers
I
Thank you.

I did see a doctor and got medication prescibed but that was before I started vaping and back then I had no chest pain to speak of.
I smoked for around 3 months, about 5 cigs a day. I got 3mg nicotine Ara Max! e liquids, 1 mint and 1 berries.
Yes I haven't smoked since.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thank you.

I did see a doctor and got medication prescibed but that was before I started vaping and back then I had no chest pain to speak of.
I smoked for around 3 months, about 5 cigs a day. I got 3mg nicotine Ara Max! e liquids, 1 mint and 1 berries.
Yes I haven't smoked since.
If you find you are vaping too much, increase your nicotine level. 8-14 pulls "should" be close to one cigarette. Two hours straight should have your head spinning and your lunch "launched".

Good luck and congratulations on quitting smoking.
I

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Take this for what it's worth, which is simply my experience. This is not a diagnosis nor is it advice to do whatever.

When I smoked and got a cold it wasn't uncommon for me to develop issues with slight pain when inhaling. Usually die to congestion and whatnot and cleared up once cold went away.

Now I haven't been sick since vaping. What I did when smoking was to cut back until cleared up.

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
Welcome aboard and go see a doctor. Several tankfulls in 2 hours seems like a lot even for an AIO. One possibility is that since you've been coughing a lot you may have strained the muscles around your chest. I have done this on many occasions. That's just speculation though and if you've been sick for a week, you really need to go the doctor. Hope you feel better soon.

PentiumIIIBaby

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know!
Welcome aboard and go see a doctor. Several tankfulls in 2 hours seems like a lot even for an AIO. One possibility is that since you've been coughing a lot you may have strained the muscles around your chest. I have done this on many occasions. That's just speculation though and if you've been sick for a week, you really need to go the doctor. Hope you feel better soon.
Thank you, this seems like the most reasonable and realistic thing so far. You're probably right that it's most likely muscle spasms. Thank you very much for the response.

Reactions: stols001

PentiumIIIBaby

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know!
You are 19, only smoked for 3 months, 5 cigs a day.
Why not stop vaping and smoking until you get over your cold.
Go back to the doctor, if it doesn't clear up.
I am at uni, and am having too much trouble getting through a day without having a bit of nicotine, plus my cold is almost through, nose is clean, throat is fine, just my lungs hurt and I am suspecting it might be muscle spasms.

WerkzINC2017

Oct 16, 2017
I have had this happen twice when I was sick. I believe it's from inhaling so much and being congested, like you said also you vaped for like 2 hrs straight so most likely it will start to go away after a day or two. Obviously if it gets worse stop. Some people have PG VG allergies but probably has something to do with being sick and breathing in and out so much more. Keep us posted I hope you that's all it is for you to.I am so bad and love vaping so much I still vaped when my chest was killing me sick last month, when I slowed down though the pains slowly went away by 2cnd to 3rd day

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Just a pre-warning but your avatar pic might get you in trouble here with the mods.

After a cold with lots of coughing it could be settling into your chest and you could have bronchitis (happens to my wife a lot as a smoker). See your doctor again to be sure. You could have also strained muscles and/or other soft tissue from all the coughing. Either way I highly doubt it's from vaping. No longer than you have been smoking you are better off quitting everything all together.

PentiumIIIBaby

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know!
Just a pre-warning but your avatar pic might get you in trouble here with the mods.

After a cold with lots of coughing it could be settling into your chest and you could have bronchitis (happens to my wife a lot as a smoker). See your doctor again to be sure. You could have also strained muscles and/or other soft tissue from all the coughing. Either way I highly doubt it's from vaping. No longer than you have been smoking you are better off quitting everything all together.
It's my profile picture from Twitter since I logged in with that. Why would it get me into trouble, it's an album cover is that prohibited, I haven't checked the rules, I will change it, if so.
I will wait a few days and see a doctor again, if the pain doesn't go away.

Reactions: stols001

PentiumIIIBaby

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know!
I have had this happen twice when I was sick. I believe it's from inhaling so much and being congested, like you said also you vaped for like 2 hrs straight so most likely it will start to go away after a day or two. Obviously if it gets worse stop. Some people have PG VG allergies but probably has something to do with being sick and breathing in and out so much more. Keep us posted I hope you that's all it is for you to.I am so bad and love vaping so much I still vaped when my chest was killing me sick last month, when I slowed down though the pains slowly went away by 2cnd to 3rd day
Thank you, your response calmed me down quite a bit, I was starting to really worry about it after reading some of the responses ofc I will stop and go see a doctor again if it doesn't go away soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread