• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Pain Killer withdrawal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaston

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2008
Texas, USA
8 weeks ago I broke my ankle and was on hydrocodone 325mg. This past Sunday, I stopped taking the pills with the result of the following:

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]irritability [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]muscle aches [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]dilated pupils [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]sweating [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]........ [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]fevers[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]chills[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]inability to sleep[/FONT]
What the hell can I do to alleviate these symptoms? I have e-mailed my doc, but I won't hear back fro a day or two.

Thanks,

Miserable Member

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Sorry to hearyou are having such a hard time. I've been on hydros for almost 5 years now. Never had to come off them but did have to come off morphine when I first had my wreck. I was on 5mg of morphine every 7 minutes for 3 weeks. The nite they took me off it was pure hell.

Back to you... try taking some Aleve and some Nyquil. Seriously. I do that now whenever I have a surgery and I have a pain pump with it and it keeps me nice and calm and less problems with withdrawals. I hope you feel better soon!

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
I would second the Aleive (Ibuprophen) You can take up to 1200 mg safely (with food) every 6 hours. It will help with the aches/pain. It should also help with the fever/chills.

Imodium is great for .........

Drew (Drewsworld) has a new concoction to vape that he says helps him to sleep. (And helps heal your lungs too.) You might ask him about it. Nyquil is not good for long-term use.

I hate to hear you're having such a rough time. I hope you feel better soon.

Rexa

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
New York City
I used to drink a very good dose of Nyquil to knock me out when needed but then I would wake up with an incredibly nasty hangover. So I'd watch out with that stuff. I used to use it for falling asleep on planes when flying internationally. I don't use it anymore though for that since I've havent had a long flight in ages.

If you wake up feeling ultra nasty at least you'll know what it was :)

bonniegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2009
South Jersey USA
I am so sorry this has happened to you. I am an RN (disabled) and a mother of a ...... addict. Medical addiction is one of the leading causes of addiction in this country. Your Dr. was /is sooooo irresponsible to just remove the meds. They should be tapered slowly and with ethical and moral responsibility. These Drs. are so haphazard with their practices regarding narcotic analgesia, it disgusts me. Other than nyquil, immodium and a heating pad for leg and stomach pain....not else you can do. I would remind your Dr. that what he did was unethical according to the AMA and society of addiction medicine. I have been published in this area and have a bit of knowledge about these renegade surgeons and their lack of understanding of the societal imlications of their poor practice. Shame on that DR. God speed your detox will be quick, I will pray for you
most sincerely,
Bonnie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread