Painting brass end caps on a mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
I got my Xhaler a few weeks ago, and it's running very well.

But I'm not a big fan of the brass battery-connector/endpiece, and especially next to the stainless steel 510 adapter, it looks awkward. I'd like to make the brass battery connector matte black, at least where it shows (i.e. leaving the threads alone but making the visible brass part black).

There are instructions in several places online about painting brass. I think if I tape over the threads (protect them from being altered in any way), I could do this fine. I'm still looking into it as I don't want to ruin anything.

I'm wondering if anyone else has done this, though, and if you have any tips or cautions.

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
Thanks for the input! I'm still torn but I'm leaning away from doing anything to the brass. Now that I've got brass T-tips from Super T, the brass on the Xhaler is actually complemented really nicely by the mouthpiece tips! I'd also feel compelled to paint the brass button unit as well, and that would require me to take it apart ... and if I messed it up, well, I would REALLY hate to be without HV right now.

But I'm the kind of person who likes to tinker and learn to make things myself, so it's entirely possible I'll be applying this on a homemade/altered mod some time in the future. I want one in "stealth mode" (all black). :D

40bikes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
If you bought a mod because you couldn't make it yourself, you may not be comfortable in breaking it down and putting it back together which it almost certainly will have to be for powder coating. Your painter might not be ready or competent to do it either. If you can find a painter it would probably look great. bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread