Panini Westlake Ohio - Not Vape Friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin440

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
ohio
I spent 3 hours in this resturant openly vaping, after explaining what it was without any issues. When, i'm guessing a shift change happened and the new manager on duty started yelling at me screaming about how bad they are and how he's lost someone to cigarettes he ended up attacking me before i could leave.

mano932

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Maine, USA
Sorry for your embarrassment, but I hope you gave the waitress a good tip. 3 hours is a long time to take up space in a restaurant. Their livelihood depends on a good turnover.

yeah especially at a paninis!.its not like you rented a private table and order multiply bottles of wine haha
But props for vaping that long. They have the right to tell you no. Its their establishment. You must of done a great job explaining it to them.

JudgeVape

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
D.C./Maryland
Here's how I look at it... in a non-smoker's eyes... its smoke to them. You cannot convince them otherwise.

The rabid anti-smokers be convinced, but very few of them can be convinced quickly, certainly not with 30 seconds of explanation in a crowded restaurant.

I'm in the "don't vape where you can't smoke" crowd, at least in terms of open vaping. Businesses may very well slowly come around, but I think we can expect bars to ally with us before restaurants, for the most part.

I think it would do us all well to remember one thing: the anti-smoking crowd (except for a few of the real loonies) isn't actually wrong in their attitudes about cigarettes, and it is not some personal failing on their part that they are not already educated about vaping and the distinctions between the two. And those that do think themselves educated about the evils of "electronic cigarettes" have been lied to.

mano932

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Maine, USA
The rabid anti-smokers be convinced, but very few of them can be convinced quickly, certainly not with 30 seconds of explanation in a crowded restaurant.

I'm in the "don't vape where you can't smoke" crowd, at least in terms of open vaping. Businesses may very well slowly come around, but I think we can expect bars to ally with us before restaurants, for the most part.

I think it would do us all well to remember one thing: the anti-smoking crowd (except for a few of the real loonies) isn't actually wrong in their attitudes about cigarettes, and it is not some personal failing on their part that they are not already educated about vaping and the distinctions between the two. And those that do think themselves educated about the evils of "electronic cigarettes" have been lied to.

well sad I'm with ya there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread