panzer black getting hot and rda not fireing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cripledsmurf

Sep 6, 2014
oklahoma
i have new sony 30 amp batteries and my blackhawk mechanical mod just recently is getting hot. my rda is not fireing and when i take the rda off comepletlyit still gets hot. was told to look inside the tube for dirty connections and the only signs of bad connections are where the rda threading goes into the blackhawk.

would like anybody to help me right now. im not touching it till its working properly. i dont want to get hurt or have a battery accident. please help

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
there are several things to consider... first off is the batterys plastic coating in good condition? any nicks or breaks in the sheathing? you mentioned that it gets warm even with the atty off of it... look into the positive pin of the atty having some manner of connecting to the case of the mod ( shavings from machining, metallic parts that arent supposed to be there). Did you check the ohms of your atty on an ohm meter BTW? Onbly reason a mod would get hot with the atty off of it is a short between the + pin and the case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread