Para-Moderator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
I would like to see those who are moderators on a sub-forum only, have their contribution to the forum recognized with a title under their name.

Paramoderator, sounds about right to me, (like paralegal or paramedic). While their duties are much less than the ECF Moderators, they still perform a service to the ECF, in maintaining a specific sub-forum, keeping it orderly and monitoring it for problems.

I believe only the social groups have "paramoderators", correct me if I am wrong. I would be happy to create a list of them and put it on this thread, so that if anyone was left out, they could let me know.

What do you think, SJ, AngusATAT, RolyGate??

My two cents worth !!!

Last edited:

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Jerry, better be careful. If some people were to become a para-moderator, you'd be the first guy they banned!!!:p

On a serious note, we ask that all members contribute to the orderliness of the forum by reporting anything the see as suspicious or inappropriate. It has been said many times, but with the thousands of posts made each day, there is no may the limited number of moderators we have can review them all. We depend on our members to help make this a pleasant place to be.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
Jerry, better be careful. If some people were to become a para-moderator, you'd be the first guy they banned!!!:p

On a serious note, we ask that all members contribute to the orderliness of the forum by reporting anything the see as suspicious or inappropriate. It has been said many times, but with the thousands of posts made each day, there is no may the limited number of moderators we have can review them all. We depend on our members to help make this a pleasant place to be.

Aw, come on Elendil, they would never ban me, I'm a nice guy !!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

You may have missed my point. I understand what you are saying about members helping to monitor the forum and I agree. I am not suggesting that a new group of "paramoderators" be formed, but rather that an existing group be recognized.

Most. if not all of them are in the "Social Groups Forum" and their moderating duties are limited to their particular sub-forum. I didn't know that there was such a group of moderators, until just-cass asked me to help her manage the "Sticky Forum", sub-forum.

I was given the tools required to delete unacceptable posts, merge threads, move posts, etc. I monitor that sub-forum daily, to make sure everything is in order. I doubt that there would be any problems there, but if there were, I would warn the person or persons involved and if they continued, then I would contact an ECF Moderator. In effect I am a moderator, but in a limited capacity, hence a "paramoderator".

But it is only a suggestion, I would not feel offended by a "nay".

P.S. thanks Timtam for your comments also. The last think I wanted was to hear only "crickets" on this thread !! lol.

Last edited:

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
Jerry, are you still bucking for some sort of special title? First "Instigator" and now this?

I may just have to do something here.... :D

Angus, if you had given me "Instigator", I wouldn't be causing all of this trouble !!!! :rolleyes:

Or...come to think of it, I would probably be causing more trouble, because I would have to live up to the "Instigator" title. :lol:

That's funny, Angus. :)

Last edited:

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
OMG! There is no pleasing you at all! I give you a special title, and now you want another! Will this madness ever end? I think I created a monster.

Naw, it wasn't you, Angus. I have been a monster for most of my life and as you probably know by now, I don't follow the crowd.

If a man does not keep pace with his companions,
perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.
Let him step to the music which he hears,
however measured or far away.

Henry David Thoreau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread