Tesseract

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Miss Gulf Coast

REVIEW: 8 e-liquids FROM NICOTICKET
- PART 1

By Tesseract
Blog on ECF

I enjoy vaping. So, like many of you, vaping and e-cigarette's have become an all-consuming hobby. Truth be told – all of us - we've created a monster. Am i exaggerating? If you're reading this review, its more than likely you're a vape-junkie, too - either a newcomer or a grizzly old veteran with an empty checking account and no space left on you computer desk. All that empty space is now occupied with personal vaporizers, atomizers, batteries, chargers, cartridges, cartomizers, tanks, drip tips and bottles upon bottles of e-liquid. And, lets not forget RBA's and their associated building tools and materials, that are enough to fill a tackle box. Stop reading this for a second (but be sure to come back!). Stop for a second and look around you.

You have a metric shiit-tonne of vaping stuff.

If you need any more proof that you're obsessed with vaping, ask yourself:
How many hours do you spend on:

• mods,
  • RBA's,
  • tanks,
  • clearomizers,
  • batteries,
  • watching coil video tutorials on youtube,
  • attempting to build the damn coils you saw on youtube,
  • virtual window shopping for APV's, E-Liquids, etc.,
  • visiting the local vape shop,
  • spending all of your disposable income on APV's and APV-related stuff,
  • reading reviews and info about all of this?

Not to mention all the hours spent on ECF!
So, am I exaggerating? I think not.
Why am I saying all of this?
For one thing, I did not sign up for this when I started vaping. But, I'm not complaining. On the contrary, I love every second of it. Best of all, we finally have a habit that involves consumption of a substance that is not bad for you.So, reading that list gives me the strength to admit:

“My name is Tesseract, and I'm a vapoholic.”

PREFACE:
I also enjoy reviewing E-Liquids. I've tried tons of them. Boatloads. Forget about the obvious ones - Boba's Bounty, Honey Pearry, Tribeca, Grant's Vanilla Custard, Castle Long Reserve – I actively search for great e-liquids that are just under the radar, so if it's an e-liquid with even a tiny buzz, chances are I've tried it.

While firmly locked in a never-ending battle to decimate my bank account, rarely do I come across a brand that's entire product line is exceptional. To review just a couple almost seems unfair, given that others are, in their own way, just as great or even better. Two really good e-liquids from The Vapor Chef spurred me to review 10 from them with mixed results.
Writing an in-depth review takes time and thought and . . . just sitting there - meditating on the taste and how best to articulate the characteristics of its flavor. It seem like a lot of work, but it's not, because I enjoy both vaping and writing, so this is a perfect fit.

One final note: I'm breaking up this review into smaller segments to make them easier to read. Also, at the end of each review, I've included excerpts from an interview with Clark, owner, proprietor and mixologist of Nicoticket.
I hope you enjoy.

Background:

My first order from NT was the limited-run flavor 'Frenilla'. All 50ml was gone in under a week! On reorder, I left some comments praising the quality of Frenilla and asking if they have any recommendations, or what is their favorite. So, imagine my surprise when I received along with my re-order a free 15ml of The Virus'! 'The Virus' (formerly known as H1N1) is unbelievably nuanced and by far the most complex e-liquid I've ever tried. So, just like with The Vapor Chef, after two phenomenal e-liquids from Nicoticket, I went ahead with a large order. Nicoticket e-juices come pre-steeped, but Clark encourages even more steep-time to fully capture all of these complex flavors.
Exactly 1 month after their born on date (1/22/2014), I'm ready to evaluate.

E-Liquids Reviewed:

Grandma's Cinnamon Danish

Custard's Last Stand
Gravity
The Virus (aka H1N1)
Be Mine (Limited-Run)
Crème brûlée Winter Edition (Limited-Run)
Frenilla (Limited-Run)
Radioactive (Limited-Run)

349_900.jpg

Grandma's Cinnamon Danish by Nicoticket

Grandma's Cinnamon Danish (GCD)

Vendor's Description - Grandma's Cinnamon Danish is a delectable medley of Cassia cinnamon, buttery Danish pastry, and creamy confectionery style icing.

Nicotine Strength - 12mg
Born On – 1/22/2014

Hardware & Atomizer Details:

EHPro Trident RDA

Russian 91% by Kebo

Kanger Protank-2 clearomizer

-Whew! That was exhausting, wasn't it?

Throat Hit (TH) -

As cinnamon vapes go, the Force Throat Hit is strong with this one.

You know what? I don't really like the term 'Throat Hit'.
It just rubs me the wrong way. Well, actually if done properly, being rubbed the wrong way can totally become being rubbed the right way. but I digress. . .

Right. So, for the rest of this review and in future installments, I will refer to 'Throat Hit' as 'Kick' - 'Kick' sounds much better.

So, as cinnamon vapes go, the Force Throat Hit Kick is strong with this one.
Compared to really hard-hitters, Grandma's Cinnamon Danish (hereafter GCD) does not give much of a kick, and when you think about it, neither does a real cinnamon danish - even one of Grandma's. On the other hand, something like wasabi has one hell of a kick. It will be a dark day when some demented mixologist creates the wasabi vape - and it will come with a warning: For Masochists Only.

While certain cinnamon-based vapes do have a stronger kick, they are more of a candy-ish flavor, such as the candies 'Red Hots' and 'Cinnamon Discs'. Using a Drip-Style EHPro Trident gives the greatest kick (and the greatest overall flavor). If I had to scale the different devices, it would go something like this:
Trident EHPro has the greatest kick,
when using the R91 there is a medium kick, and
using the Kanger PT2, the kick is on the weak side, but it is present.

Vapor Production (VP) – Vapor Production is top-notch. There's not much to say about this category. Depending on hardware, vapor production can be solid, and for something like a drip style atomizer, the vapor cloud is limited only by the size of your lungs. Just a few people vaping dip-style RBA's can completely fog up a room in a matter of minutes. Yea, so Grandma's Cinnamon Danish delivers on vapor production.

Taste – Wow. Incredible. A great candidate for an all-day vape (ADV). GCD tastes exactly as described by Nicoticket. It's not surprising that NT nails the description perfectly because, before being released, each flavor undergoes a tremendous amount of R&D. This includes heavy field testing by a wide range of Nicoticket fans who help evaluate each flavor before its available for sell on Nicoticket.com (as well as dumping 100's of gallons of e-liquid that doesn't make the grade – see interview for more details). Because of this, only the absolute best cream-of-the-drop are available - Clark assures me that every flavor for sale is the results of 100's of hours of taste-testing by a large group of testers on a wide range of PV's:

The cinnamon is of a confectionery variety and not of a candy-ish variety. Instead, it tastes like white bread fresh still warm from the toaster, that's buttered and absolutely covered in confectionery cinnamon-sugar. It has also been compared to the cereal “Cinnamon Toast Crunch” and this description is certainly accurate as well. Tastes smooooooooooth and soooooo creamy! The buttery flavor and glazed icing notes are spot on. This one never gets old. It happens too ofter where after vaping a flavor for a while, the taste diminishes as your tongue gets 'used' to the flavor. This has not been my experience with Grandma's Cinnamon Danish. For me, every vape is as flavorful as the first one, with no issues of flavor burn-out or 'Vaper's Tongue'. I know more than a handful of people who use GCD as an ADV, and will definitely be adding this to my rotation. What tastes better than Grandma's Cinnamon Danish? Hot Grandma's Cinnamon Danish. Many e-liquids taste best with a hot vape, and GCD definitely fits this description. My preferred setup is a Russian91% on a Provari set that's set to around 13 Watts. The taste is of a cinnamon danish fresh out of the over – absolutely heavenly.

Honestly, Nicoticket said all that one can say about the flavoring of the e-liquid, and not much more can be added. All that remains is to tell you that this one matches its description 100%!
It is simply the best-tasting cinnamon flavored e-liquid you will ever taste.

Conclusion – Grandma's Cinnamon Danish is in a class by itself. Here is another offering by Nicoticket that goes far beyond any other Cinnamon flavored e-liquids.

Score
– 10/10 all the way. This one represents the apex of e-liquid flavorings.

Excerpts from Interview with Clark – Owner, Proprietor, and Mixologist of Nicoticket.com

Tesseract: I've been wondering how everything tastes so great out of the mail! Its awesome that you steep before shipping, and a shame more companies don't do the same.

Clark: Pre-steeping has drawbacks in terms of flexibility (IE, variable PG/VG ratios, flavor shots, etc) - but I think the pros out weight the cons. Most don't do it because they offer too many flavors and steeping large quantities of liquid takes lots of space.

T: When did you open the doors, start the business? Was there any moment in time where you had a revelation like, “I may be onto something here. . .?”

C: Katy has a way about her when it comes to me... she will "suggest" something, repeatedly, until I am activated and set "into motion." Once I am going in a direction with purpose, I'm pretty relentless. In any event, one night she said "I'd like to quit smoking and I keep hearing about these eCigarette things, would you look into it?" Go figure, by that evening I had ordered a pair of Vision Spinner 1300mah Batteries and a pair of Kanger T3 clearos. I also ordered some liquid from NAME REDACTED and NAME REDACTED. I actually got buyer's remorse on the NAME REDACTED Vapor purchase (because I was flat broke at the time) and ended up canceling that order (funny story, it showed up regardless). Go figure, the hardware showed up before the liquid so I just had to go down to the local vape shop and get some liquid so I could get started right away. I walked out with a 50ml bottle of Mad Chai in 24mg - ghastly liquid. I was so disappointed in the experience that I almost immediately purchased a bunch of supplies to DIY - I was so angry, I was bound and determined not to give those .......s another dollar of my money. I thought I had done my due diligence and sampled enough that I could be confident I would be able to finish the bottle, but I ditched the Mad Chai the moment the NAME REDACTED and the NAME REDACTED Vapor showed up. One thing that took me by surprise was the "simplicity" of the labeling - pretty straight forward on both accounts. It was evident to me that NAME REDACTED was better tasting, so I went on a hunt to figure out what made NAME REDACTED different that NAME REDACTED, and what made them both different than the local B&M.

Part 2 Coming Soon -

Stay Tuned. . . .

Last edited:

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
Great review! This was very similar to my experience with GCD. It's amazing, and I'm not a cinnamon vapor. I'd highly recommend The Doodle if you like GCD. You can taste the crumbs and the cinnamon is milder but still there. I got it as a freebie and it shocked me.

Can't wait for your Custard's Last Stand review. I can't survive without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread