Pass through vapor less than battery KR808

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Anyone else experience this? Anyone try a higher amp wall adapter to USB and, if so, did it make a difference?
Thank you

Yes, and yes! :) Many computer USB ports do not have sufficent power to supply
the pass thru fully. I have a 4 port USB hub rated at 2.1A that works great.
And you can vape anywhere you can find a AC wall outlet.!! :vapor:

The Kr808 pass through doesn't have a battery in it. I've noticed my pass through doesn't put out as much vapor or TH as my batteries. I have it plugged into a USB port on my computer. Anyone else experience this? Anyone try a higher amp wall adapter to USB and, if so, did it make a difference?

Thank you

If you are on a laptop you will have less power to the USB than a desktop.
Its just the way most of them operate.
I would try a low resistance atty to see if this helps.
Some LR attys will not work on passthroughs but some will work just fine.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I would not recommend that Newegg unit -- the detailed specs say "Max output of each port is 0.5 Amp=500 MA."

Likewise do not try an LR on a passthrough if you're starting from not current available from the power source -- you're inviting a failure (best case it doesn't work at all, worst case things go bad, up to and including toasting a PC).

The IQ dual AC USB adapter has a full 2A output, and can output all 2A on one port (enough to drive a 2.5 ohm carto at 5V). Walmart has them online, or an even better deal is: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...138754-iq-power-dual-usb-ac-adaptor-2amp.html

(I use two IQs, one at home for general stuff and one at work with a PT and cell charger -- they're solid. I did have issues with getting my original order in, but the postmark showed it was a USPS error, twilight zone delivery, not a vendor problem.)

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I had a good amount of vapor when I used any of the 5-volt passthroughs I have, but I had them plugged into 2amp AC to USB wall adapters I bought from madvapes.com for just under $10 each. When I plugged them into my computer, the power wasn't enough (at .5amp), and sometimes they worked and sometimes they didn't work. The vapor is dependent on the battery power and how much VG you have in your liquid.

dgr

Nov 20, 2010
Sac of Kalifornia
Reporting back. Picked up a 2 amp dual port A/C to USB adapter. It specs 2 amps for a single port/1 amp per port when both ports are in use. I'm guessing that it is simply 2 amp max and that is shared as needed between the ports. It's made by Rhino as was under 10 bucks.

I would say it definitely vapes better than the USB port on my laptop. Plus it will charge my PCC at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread