Passing my old kit on: compatibility questions and replacement PCC cord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaka

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Texas
Like most new vapers, when I started, I wanted something as much like a cigarette as possible, bought a couple of mini kits, and then moved on to bigger and more satisfying gear. I've been giving my old stuff to friends who are making quitting-smoking noises. My MV Sidesho stuff has been the last to go, because I have such a pleasant nostalgia for it, but now a friend who's been trying to quit for 10 years has been getting threatening noises from his doctor, and making curious noises at me, and it's time to pass my Sidesho on to a new home, too.

The problem is that I've moved 3 times since I used this kit last, and I can't find ANY of the chargers. Not for the batteries, not for the (old-style) PCC. Amazingly, the batteries still have a charge on them -- well done, Modern Vapor! -- but it would be cruel to give him a working kit, give him the general idea, and then tell him to go buy a charger if he ever wants to use the stuff again.

I have a spare 501 wall charger. It looks just like the one on MV's site, and the batteries seem thread-compatible -- or at least, they will screw into the charger -- but I don't really want to damage either of the two Sidesho batteries I've unpacked and leave the poor guy with one battery just to find out there's a polarity difference or something. I think I fuzzily remember that 510 chargers can be used for l88b batteries, but I made that switch two years ago and my memory is famously bad. Anyone know definitively?

I think when I bought the kit I was relying on the PCC to charge the batteries for me; I'm not sure I ever had a wall charger for it. However, I can't find the cord for the PCC. It's the old style, with a round plug, not the mini-USB version. Does anyone know where I might find a replacement cord for it these days?

Jaka

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2010
Texas
Wow, okay, Modern Vapor just made my week.

I went ahead and ordered a new charger (and yes, it looks like the polarity is opposite the 510's) and some cartridges to give to my friend along with my old batteries. I mentioned in the order comments that I was looking for the old-style PCC charger cable.

They sent me one. Free. Nothing on the packing slip about it. Just thrown in with the other items in the envelope.

They could've told me the replacement cable was unavailable and I'd have to buy a new PCC and made an easy $25. Whether the cable was thrown in instead on the premise that making me (as my buddy's vaping mentor) happy -- or making his vaping conversion that much simpler -- would gain them a customer in the long run, or out of a simpler general kindness, it was an awesome thing to do.

So now my friend gets a more-convenient kit that, because he can charge even away from a PC or outlet, is more likely to successfully replace smoking for him. Modern Vapor gets a new customer brought up on their brand, and honestly an old customer back as well, if I ever get off my punched-dual-coil-cartos-and-DIY-liquid-on-a-GGTS kick and want anything MV sells. Happy ending all 'round.

So I thought MV should get thanks and a testimonial in their area here: outstanding customer service. No phone call, no email, just a note on an order, got me exactly what I needed, like it was no big deal at all. My old batteries, last used maybe a year and a half ago, were still 5 minutes on the charger from full: quality product. With good service backing good quality in a product ideal for new vapers who need that reliability and sometimes a bit of help to adjust, MV deserves all the new business I can throw at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread