Passthrough and Lighter adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

framitz

Moved On
May 24, 2009
RSM, CA
I tried to use my 901 manual passthrough from Ruyandirect today in my car with a wicked lighter adapter charger to no avail. Why didn't this work and what do I need to be able to use my passthrough in my car?

Thanks

Does the lighter socket work? (mine did not, due to fuse blown, fixed)

Is there a power light on the adapter? Does it light?

I'm assuming there is power to the socket, some cars need the key turned to accessory. . . just in case you're just checking it while parked.

And of course assuming that the pass through does work on USB.

The answers should lead you to the problem and hopefully correction.

If it's the adapter they should be readily available. I got one from a vendor on Amazon for 1¢ plus 2 or 3 $ for shipping. I would think Best Buy, Walmart, and Target type stores probably carry them as well.

Adeem

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
I ordered an adapter that was rated 1000ma max (from Monoprice) didn't work to heat the atomizer (the led worked), I then ordered another from Ebay that claimed 1000ma it came but was rated 500ma max and needless to say didn't work, that one is on the way back (after some strongly worded emails :)).I need a link to something that's known will work on a m401 atomizer. Any help would be appreciated. I would like something inexpensive of course... :)

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
I ordered an adapter that was rated 1000ma max (from Monoprice) didn't work to heat the atomizer (the led worked), I then ordered another from Ebay that claimed 1000ma it came but was rated 500ma max and needless to say didn't work, that one is on the way back (after some strongly worded emails :)).I need a link to something that's known will work on a m401 atomizer. Any help would be appreciated. I would like something inexpensive of course... :)
I got one of these in like 3 days with free shipping..........although I would like to say they work. I have'nt got off my lazy .... and tried it, and with the rechargeable battery in line in my passthru(already charged)
I can't just run out and check. I'll try to run it down and go try, but for 1.99 it's probably worth it ..Black Universal USB car charger(1000mA) for iPhone/Cell phone/PDA/MP3/MP4

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
thanks. Now how do I check that? LOL

Read the label or engraving on the device.

I have two 12VDC cigarette lighter to USB adapters: 300mA and 500mA. Neither works well at all. Don't know why the 500mA device does not create decent vapor when a good USB port on a computer comes in with the same specifications. It is all a mystery to me.

Alternatives include a portable power pack or maybe an inexpensive inverter to run an AC/USB wall wart.

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
so does anybody have a lighter adapter that works with a 901 passthrough?

If not, I guess the only other solution is to plug in the passthrough to the kensington back up battery and the battery to the lighter adapter.

somebody has to have found a lighter adapter that works.
vaporize me just confirmed which one works

Adeem

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
I have the one that Happily posted in white and it works great with my 401 PT. BTW, my PT doesn't have an in line battery.

The first one I got from Monoprice looks exactly like that one in white and it didn't work in spite of being rated 1000ma max. My PT also doesn't have an inline battery. If the one from Meritline worked for you I guess I'll give it another try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread