Patina Ratios/Color Combinations (LOTS OF QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckNCloudzz

Apr 30, 2014
Tulsa, OK
I am curious as to peoples ratios/recipes to obtain their particular colors on brass mods. Also if anyone has noticed a voltage drop due to patinas and if so what process affected the drop more or less? I have a collection of brass mods and have been briefly looking in to doing a patina, I have read all kinds or walk throughs and instructionals but havent found anything relating to, for example what salts create certain colors. Also, I have read that patinas are reversible via sanding and polish. Has anyone attempted that with any success? If I am completely missing a thread that answers these please direct me there. I am new to ecf and join more or less to gather info on this particular topic.

Cheers,
Alex

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
And welcome to ECF!

This thread has the most extensive combinations I have seen, and there is a nice link for the chemical combinations and reactions. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cosmetic-mods/534940-brass-mod-patina-process.html

A patina is type of oxidisation, so yes you can remove it by sanding and polishing. Keep in mind that salt etches away at the brass, so you would need to work harder to reverse the effects of this. Electrically speaking, the interior is fine, but if you are passing current through a patina barrier it will be hampered. Not hard to avoid as you clean / sand the critical points after the process is where you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread