Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Patriot from www.goodejuice.com

The juice: Patriot was received on July 11. A NET found on GeJ's House Brewed line at 50/50 pg/vg as all on the line are. Described on the site as "We extract Natural Tobacco flavor from Louisiana Perique, Virginia Burley, and Kentucky Cavendish. Our new Cavendish tobacco blend adds a depth of natural sweetness that makes this premium eliquid an authentic American tobacco smoking experience."

The Hardware: sterile rolled cotton wicked 1ohm micro coil with 28ga Kanthal, small rebuildable dripper; vaped on a mechanical mod.

Ratings are from 1-5 depending on where a juice falls in an attributes spectrum. Only the last rating, "overall", is based on 5 being the best. (For sweetness 1 equals very dry and 5 equals very sweet. For tobacco impact 1 equals very mild tobacco and 5 equals very aggressive and/or complex.)

Sweetness: 2.5. The Cavendish gives this a fair level of sweet for an unflavored NET. It's a very pure, smooth, lush sweetness that feels totally natural, and at a level that should please fans of anyone along the spectrum. The level of sweet isn't consistent for me, sometimes it feels more dry and sometimes more sweet, and this can change from vape to vape. Just one of the many facets that keeps this NET endlessly fascinating for me and keeps me on my toes.

Tobacco Impact: 4. A three tobacco blend of Perique, Burley, and Cavendish that results in a tobacco impact that isn't agressive but isn't mild. It may be a little strong for those who stick to mild or dessert tobaccos, as it's an authentic and endlessly complex tobacco experience. If the types weren't in the description, I would have been unable to pick them out myself. Nick, the maker of these NETs, uses a tobacconist to help him pick and blend the tobaccos for extraction, and with Patriot found a recipe that screams unique, brilliant, and high quality. It's hard for me to describe the flavor, it just tastes like Patriot. The way the specific leaves blend has a flavor like no other NET I've vaped. I'm guessing the Perique and Cavendish plays a huge part in shaping the flavor, though I'm unable to pick out exactly what is doing what.

Vapability: 5. Anywhere, anytime. Picking this vape up from my collection is never a bad decision. It's just so reliable, I know I can enjoy it no matter what mood I'm in. The level of sweet and the amount of complexity makes it great for long vaping sessions, whether thinking about flavor or just in the backround. The flavor shifts in many subtle ways and always seems to play a little different, but somehow it still always tastes like Patriot.

Flavor Accuracy: 4. Patriot isn't advertised as being a certain category of tobacco vape, such as cigar, pipe, or cigarette. Looking at the tobaccos used, it seems like pipe, which is how I've labeled it before. I've heard others say cigar or cigarette. I'm not so sure anymore, sometimes I can see cigar (minus the flavor of dark leaf tobacco), sometimes I see pipe, but it really doesn't fit into a category. The description says it best, it's "an authentic American tobacco smoking experience."

Overall: 5+. I've added a new top score in celebration of this masterpiece. The + is reserved for those very rare juices that are not only perfectly made and presented, but also hold a special place in my heart as being magical to me. I'm just in awe of this NET. If I had to pick only a handful of desert island juices, Patriot would be on that list even if I had a couple fingers missing. I've never vaped a NET that has me say, this is better than Patriot.

RussCA

May 10, 2013
Oakland, CA, USA
Great review. I'm trying this for the first time tonight myself. It's just a couple days out of the mail so I just dripped a bit, expecting that I would end up putting it back in the drawer and come back to it in a week or two. But it's excellent already. Very much a pipe tobacco to my taste, I think it's the Cavendish that does it. But I'm no expert, mostly it just reminds me of the smell of the pipe tobaccos I've sampled and smelled at my favorite local pipe shop.

I can only wonder how good this will be after a decent steeping time - here's hoping it last long enough to find out.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Great review. I'm trying this for the first time tonight myself. It's just a couple days out of the mail so I just dripped a bit, expecting that I would end up putting it back in the drawer and come back to it in a week or two. But it's excellent already. Very much a pipe tobacco to my taste, I think it's the Cavendish that does it. But I'm no expert, mostly it just reminds me of the smell of the pipe tobaccos I've sampled and smelled at my favorite local pipe shop.

I can only wonder how good this will be after a decent steeping time - here's hoping it last long enough to find out.

Thanks!

I agree, the Cavendish does a lot to contribute to the pipe feel of the vape. I really like how each tobacco seems to compliment the vape as a whole; I don't often notice the Cavendish specifically but when thinking about it I can tell how it provides a lot of the sweetness and the round, full feeling the vape has.

I find Patriot to be a juice that can be enjoyed immediately, straight from the mailbox. The changes it makes aren't drastic, doesn't need to age before enjoying it. It will still grow in flavor with time as a person becomes more familiar with it, many nuances that reveal themselves through multiple sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread