Paying it forward a bit..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Ok...here's the deal..I'm doing some spring cleaning and I've just got too much PV stuff that I don't touch..
I honestly don't use alot of my V4L stuff (my preferences are elsewhere, though I do use a couple of cartomizers on adapters on other stuff)...so essentally I've got a kit here that I'm looking to give away to the person the most in need of it..so give me your stories..tell me why you (or a person you know) needs it.. on Friday midnight EST...I'll pick the one that moves me the most and PM you for an address and it's yours..

It's a pair of Vapor king regular length single logo batteries matte grey platinum w/green LED (from back at the begining of Jan), black case that fits 2 batteries and 4 cartos, charger, usb charger, (possibly a PCC if I can find it), Old style manual PT (I think that's a blue multi logo), and about a dozen reg cartos (again from early Jan) mostly kamel and RY4 all 24mg (one or 2 might be 36mg)...

In all honesty I don't want to hassle with paypal and putting it up in the classifieds...and I've been extremely lucky on ECF in winning a kit from V4L, and 2 different mod contests..so I just want to pass it along to someone else deserving or down on their luck a bit..so hopefully it's ok with the V4L guys that I do this since it is a V4L kit and it's the V4L subforum..if I get super conflicted I might enlist the help of another to pick (or split the stuff in half and pick 2)...

That's all...I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming..

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Very generous of you Drozd! Heck, I may have to rethink my opinion of you! :p

Lol thanks MM...but darn it I like those opinions of me...I'd keep it annonymous if I could but ah well...I got my 6V mod via a small personal contest just like this...and figured it's better than the stuff just sitting in a box taking up space..so pay it forward a little bit ya know..

yanks21

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New York
Ok...here's the deal..I'm doing some spring cleaning and I've just got too much PV stuff that I don't touch..
I honestly don't use alot of my V4L stuff (my preferences are elsewhere, though I do use a couple of cartomizers on adapters on other stuff)...so essentally I've got a kit here that I'm looking to give away to the person the most in need of it..so give me your stories..tell me why you (or a person you know) needs it.. on Friday midnight EST...I'll pick the one that moves me the most and PM you for an address and it's yours..

It's a pair of Vapor king regular length single logo batteries matte grey platinum w/green LED (from back at the begining of Jan), black case that fits 2 batteries and 4 cartos, charger, usb charger, (possibly a PCC if I can find it), Old style manual PT (I think that's a blue multi logo), and about a dozen reg cartos (again from early Jan) mostly kamel and RY4 all 24mg (one or 2 might be 36mg)...

In all honesty I don't want to hassle with paypal and putting it up in the classifieds...and I've been extremely lucky on ECF in winning a kit from V4L, and 2 different mod contests..so I just want to pass it along to someone else deserving or down on their luck a bit..so hopefully it's ok with the V4L guys that I do this since it is a V4L kit and it's the V4L subforum..if I get super conflicted I might enlist the help of another to pick (or split the stuff in half and pick 2)...

That's all...I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming..

Very sweet of you! I'm sure you'll find someone in need and deserving.

BrokenAlice

Mar 8, 2010
Colorado
What a great forum!

I'm going to take a shot at this because that stuff sounds awesome and would definitely get put to good use-

Here's my story, Drozd

I've been vaping almost two weeks now. In that time I've placed three orders to VFL (I see how people can get into trouble around here, btw)

First order- an auto Shorty PCC kit since it was the cheapest way to check this whole e-cig thing out

Second order- 0mg VG cartomizers. I thought I initially ordered too high mg nic and that PG was bothering my throat a little. I can't even feel the vapor on these though, lol. Also added another shorty battery to this order so that one battery can charge while I'm using the other.

Third order- 11mg PG premimum carts. These are the best ones so far. Also ordered some 4mg juice which seems ok, I'm thinking for nightime and before bed, etc.

I wish now that I just ordered the Ultimate Ultimatum kit from the start, lol. I got plans to order the passthru, charger, batteries, etc- pretty much everything :)

But I can't :( here's a few of the cuveballs life's been throwing at me in the past two months-

18 yr old son moved back home into the basement. Got into trouble with police for breaking windows + more, a week before he turned 18. A job, GED, 15 credit hours and enlistment is the plan there...

Finally went to dentist after 7+ years of staying away which ended up as three visits, a crown and $900 dollars, grrrr.

Had to replace the radiator and water pump belt tensioner in my car. Thankfully I was able to do this myself so it cost $300 rather than a thousand at the shop (which wasnt even an option), but $300 still hurt pretty bad...

I have a real difficult test to take for work tomorrow that I dont feel ready for. A $400 test with a 70% fail rate, great, eh? Company only pays you back if you pass it. I'll be surprized if I do...

I've been dropped from 40hrs a week to 30hrs, sometimes 20hrs. Not good. I just got paid and already have just $30 in the bank. I need to stop now because it's depressing me, haha- j/k I could go on and on, but I won't :p

So, thats why my orders to V4L are going to have to wait awhile- I'm definietly onboard though! It's fun, and I'm having a blast. My son wants to try vaping also, he wants one now too. I let him check mine out, and saw him at V4L looking at flavors. If I can get him to stop stinking up the garage, that would be the best. Well, i guess the best would be stopping a smoker at age 18 and saving 20-30 years of lung damage...

There's always someone who could use it more, I'm sure, but that's my story. And I need everything you got there!

Very kind of you Drozd! Thanks!

:)

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
I'm going to nominate someone else. There is a guy around the forums goes by the name of meltmanbob.

He's been scouring the forums for, I don't know, seems like a month, and trying to try stuff. He's PM'd me a few times for recommendations and such and I notice as much as I recommend V4L he always has to try getting cheaper generic stuff from somewhere paying shipping on small orders because he's got to plan out his next paychecks for when he can order something. He's a curious cat, pulling apart cartomizers and such, looking at design, testing electrical output and stuff, and when he gets knowledgeable he'll be an asset to the forums. But he needs stuff and doesn't have the capital to buy much. So, anyway, I nominate him for two reasons:
1. He meets your hard up qualification.
2. He's the type of guy that will be an asset to the forums once he gets going.

aerinfirehair

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2010
A, A
Well I've been pointed over here so I'll give you my story as well. I don't really think I'm too hard up, I've got one battery and a charger and I've been doing well with ordering juice. I'm officially two weeks in to vaping as well, my sister and I split a VK shorty value kit, bought her an extra charger, some blanks and a bottle of juice. I went right over to vaping with no problems at all, she's having a bit more trouble but she's down to less than one analog a day, if she's being honest with me.

So far between us we've ordered 8 5ml bottles, and I think I'm good for a few weeks. We try each others flavors, it gives us a better idea of what we might like to order later. We would both love another battery, but neither of us seems able to make the investment...a couple of times I've killed my battery and had to wait for it to charge.

Anyway I really wouldn't want the kit for myself anyhow. I have a good friend who smokes about a pack a day. We go to the bar every Tuesday night with a couple of other friends, and after dinner her and I always sit at the bar and have a smoke. So for the past two times I've had my pv and she has tried it, and she loves it, but like my sister and I, just can't make the financial leap to get started. Since she's a heavier smoker than either of us, I think the higher mg cartos would be awesome for her...plus she works in an office all day so she would make good use of the passthrough. She is divorced, has 2 boys that are in high school, and fosters a friend of the boys out of the goodness of her heart.

So thats my little tale...good luck with your choosing!

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
:p

I was considering telling you you might get more honest replies if you direct folks to pm you. But most of the v4l'ers know my story! :D

Right but that's a lot of PMs to have to slog through, lol..that and like I said if I'm torn or conflicted ..I'm gonna ask for a second person's input (I already asked them)....plus it puts it out in the open and might inspire others.. if a person really is embarrased for some reason about their story and sent me a PM instead I'd definitely take it into consideration same as the others...but I'd rather read a thread than slog through PMs...

I originally had a completely different idea for what to do with it but it'd have been a logistical nightmare to organize and pull off..and would have done less good...
I'll just say it's based on a game we used to play back in the day we called "crapjack" where we brought all our unwanted stuff and you could win other people's crap...so it'd have been a mix of a swap and contest where you "ante up" something to play but you get something out of it as well...organizing shipping with all those people would have been a logistic nightmare though like I said

ghost1227

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Omaha, NE
ghost1227.com
Well, I don't consider myself too hard up anymore, but my mother is. She was told that she needs to quit smoking for health reasons, but she hasn't been able to as of yet. I told her about the success I've had with V4L and she's interested but can't afford the actual startup costs. I was planning on getting her one sometime around her birthday (July) but I certainly wouldn't complain about not having to wait that long (I can't afford another whole kit at the moment myself unfortunately).

Regardless of the outcome, great idea for giving back to the community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread