Paypal limiting vendors who sell ecigs??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
I had placed an order at OvaleUSA and went to check on the staus of my order. On their page is this message:
Paypal limited our account because we sell electronic cigarettes, so are currently try to find another solution. Until then, we have to stop all sales. If you have any questions please contact Ovale USA.

What is up with that????? BIG brother telling me where I can spend my money???
Has this happened at any other site?

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
When I tried to contact Paypal (which is VERY hard to do unless you want to pay phone charges) I input the word ecig in the question box and they stop the contact process telling me they do not deal with drugs????? Is an organization as big as them really THAT ignorant?

Anyway, it looks like my payment went thru. I will get my eGo tank atomizer today along with some tanks. I hope it lasts until I can get genuine Joye from another vendor (I found out after buying that it is Tawa which it only warranted for 1 day)

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Funny. I ordered a cigarette rolling machine and used paypal. In fact, I purchased it on ebay and paid with paypal. I just checked and they are still selling them. And that's using actual tobacco.

Edit: I don't know if I'd necessarily call Paypal big brother- more like big business, but they are a little nuts. I sell on ebay (who owns paypal) and they have weird issues with all sorts of things you sell.

Last edited:

vapordraggin101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Paypal and eBay (eBay owns Paypal by the way) both won't allow the sale of nicotine. Since the FDA has not approved ecigs, you can't sell kits on there either. I questioned eBay about just the ecig without the pre-filled cartridges, and was still told no due to FDA regulations. Go figure. Oh well, it's their loss of profit.

Anyone who has paypal, get a debit card from them. It's worth it's weight in gold. I'm a seller on eBay, which is my vape money, and use paypal's debit/credit card for ecig purchases.

mamacat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2009
WS, NC, USA
If I recall correctly, Paypal has been limiting accounts of vendors who sell e-cigs for around a year and a half. There was one point in time when a lot of the vendors here used Paypal to get up and running. Then - keep in mind, my memory fails me sometimes - around September 2009 Paypal went on a tear. In one day they closed many of our beloved vendors here. :( John Banzhaf and ASH were at the forefront, which they openly admitted.

Any vendor who uses Paypal would be wise to seek another merchant account, imho. Especially if Paypal is cleaning house again.

Ssdd. *sigh*

ETA: When leaving the thread, I noticed OP is from NY. See - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...gent-nys-outright-sales-ban-agenda-again.html

Last edited:

richardf

Jan 20, 2010
indiana
I have not used a "store bought" unit since the first week I started vaping. The Ego-T looks nice though, and I think I am going to pick one up. I am going to wait until my local shop "indyvaporshop" has them in stock. I prefer to support my local shop, and avoid paypal and shipping charges.

Starsong: that is a beautiful cat!! I had a female chocolate point for 17 years, a female seal point for 13 years, and a male blue point.

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
Starsong: that is a beautiful cat!! I had a female chocolate point for 17 years, a female seal point for 13 years, and a male blue point.

Thanks! She is a sweetheart. Glad to hear yours lived so long, mine is 14 now and I worry I won't have her much longer. I had 2 seal points growing up - both named Leo, LOL. Guess my family had no imagination.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
Thanks! She is a sweetheart. Glad to hear yours lived so long, mine is 14 now and I worry I won't have her much longer. I had 2 seal points growing up - both named Leo, LOL. Guess my family had no imagination.

Starsong, I have an 8yearold himilayan seal point. He is my baby. Oliver is his name. Sorry the photo is so large....

IMG_0404a.jpg

Last edited:

mamacat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2009
WS, NC, USA
YEP, I have already sent a bulk email to all reps on the list. Wonder if they even read them once they see the title? I am sure they got a LOT! (Ya know how it is - once the mind is closed, nothing gets in.)

Talked to some folks today, too. My Southern drawl didn't give me away one bit either. lol Anyway, some offices got hit with some 800+ emails. Gives them food for thought!!

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
Yes, he is, Starsong, and he loves to be cuddled.

As far as this ban in NY, I like all the attention it sounds like this is getting now. I hope we can change some minds! I sent info to the Time Warner Cable news (YNN.com) about the bill as a story suggestion as well. They cover the news of the whole state. I sent the same letter that I sent to the legislators that includes links for more info. I hope they research it and do a story.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
I saw a video of the story on the YNN webpage. They talked with a tobacco store employee who did not seem very thrilled about or knowledgeable on ecigs. Also the reporter seemed to have a negative oppinion on them as well. I wasted my time.......

The only positive was that the employee said they are not sold to minors at the store or online. Cannot be sold to anyone under 18.

mamacat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2009
WS, NC, USA
I saw a video of the story on the YNN webpage. They talked with a tobacco store employee who did not seem very thrilled about or knowledgeable on ecigs. Also the reporter seemed to have a negative oppinion on them as well. I wasted my time.......

The only positive was that the employee said they are not sold to minors at the store or online. Cannot be sold to anyone under 18.

*sigh* That is good, though, that they said they are limiting to 18 years and older.

Wondering if any of the vendors have been abole to use Google Checkout? Might be a viable option.

Seems like I recall (again my memory doesn't always serve me) that it had been tried and was a no go, too. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread