Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
I personally think that it is VERY unfortunate for Paypal to take such a stance when it comes to the purchase of any items from any e-cig company. First of all that is a very biased decision on their part with absolutely no hard evidence or fact of their legality in the U.S. because there are no laws that I am aware of that make the use or possession of e-cig items illegal in this country.

If I want to purchase switches or regulators or LED's from madvapes, then why can't I? Are they illegal in Paypals eyes too? Also, what gives them the right to tell me where and what I can and cannot use MY OWN MONEY for? It just isn't right and makes no sense to me or anyone else I know.

Paypal is 100% wrong in this and if anyone can suggest another method of online payment like them who doesn't have such rediculous restrictions, I surely would like to know so I can cancel my Paypal account.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I personally think that it is VERY unfortunate for Paypal to take such a stance when it comes to the purchase of any items from any e-cig company. First of all that is a very biased decision on their part with absolutely no hard evidence or fact of their legality in the U.S. because there are no laws that I am aware of that make the use or possession of e-cig items illegal in this country.

If I want to purchase switches or regulators or LED's from Madvapes, then why can't I? Are they illegal in Paypals eyes too? Also, what gives them the right to tell me where and what I can and cannot use MY OWN MONEY for? It just isn't right and makes no sense to me or anyone else I know.

Paypal is 100% wrong in this and if anyone can suggest another method of online payment like them who doesn't have such rediculous restrictions, I surely would like to know so I can cancel my Paypal account.
To put forth an alternate viewpoint...

I think Paypal was correct in their decision. As long as it is not deemed safe by the FDA to use electronic cigarettes, Paypal has every reason to be concerned about being sued should someone come to some kind of harm from using one, even though most of us feel it is misplaced concern.

As far as it being your own money, yes, I hear what you're saying. But Paypal is not a bank, they are an independant company, and they are entitled to make their own rules of use. If you don't like their rules you can, and should, take your business elsewhere.

Now we can talk all day long about the absurdity that is the world we now live in, for which the blame rests entirely on those douchebags that will sue for anything and everything, and those juries that will award damages in those circumstances. But it is what it is, and we can't eliminate the problem because it is not legal to execute those douchebags that sue for spilling their own hot coffee in their own damn laps.

When a burglar can sue you and win, for getting hurt while breaking into your house and robbing you, you know there is no cure for what is wrong with the world you live in.

But I digress...

Last edited:

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA

I think Paypal was correct in their decision. As long as it is not deemed safe by the FDA to use electronic cigarettes, Paypal has every reason to be concerned about being sued should someone come to some kind of harm from using one, even though most of us feel it is misplaced concern.

As far as it being your own money, yes, I hear what you're saying. But Paypal is not a bank, they are an independant company, and they are entitled to make their own rules of use. If you don't like their rules you can, and should, take your business elsewhere.

Now we can talk all day long about the absurdity that is the world we now live in, for which the blame rests entirely on those douchebags that will sue for anything and everything, and those juries that will award damages in those circumstances. But it is what it is, and we can't eliminate the problem because it is not legal to execute those douchebags that sue for spilling their own hot coffee in their own damn laps.

But I digress...

Although I only agree with the "douchebags" you are referring to, I respect your opinion otherwise. Trust me, if I could find a similarly useful online account site like Paypal that will not question or limit the use of my own money, I would use them in a heart beat.

I wonder exactly what it is that Paypal is so against? Is it the juice or the e-cigarette itself? Either way it's unfortunate that it's come to this, that companies have to worry about trivial lawsuits and we have judges who don't have the gonads to toss such cases out the door.

:mad:

vapordraggin101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009

I think Paypal was correct in their decision. As long as it is not deemed safe by the FDA to use electronic cigarettes, Paypal has every reason to be concerned about being sued should someone come to some kind of harm from using one.

But I digress...

I totally disagree with paypal bring able to be sued, that would be like me buying a new brake hub for my car on ebay and paying thur paypal and then I have a wreck because the brake hub was cracked, brake hub is not regulated either..... JMHO

I will say people need to start suing the FDA for all the over nite drugs they say are safe then 6 months later all you see on tv is lawyers suing the drug companies if someone has died or gotten sick using that drug.......

one other thing, why is it ok for paypal to let canada and overseas company use it as a payment source?

VRNN

Feb 25, 2010
italy
www.plasmatic.net
B--Paypal took the stance about 6 months ago that it can not be used to pay for e-cig related products. Before that everyone took paypal. Paypal has taken the position that they are not legal sell, which will soon be decided by the Court.
In Europe, this problem does not exist.

I hope not to be mistaken, but yesterday I paid a big order to iVapour with paypal.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I totally disagree with paypal bring able to be sued, that would be like me buying a new brake hub for my car on ebay and paying thur paypal and then I have a wreck because the brake hub was cracked, brake hub is not regulated either..... JMHO
Oh, don't get me wrong, I think it is absurd that Paypal should have any concern over getting sued. But they most certainly are able to be sued, not saying that anyone would win such a lawsuit. But they have already been threated with the potential for being sued should electronic cigarettes prove to be harmful.

I will say people need to start suing the FDA for all the over nite drugs they say are safe then 6 months later all you see on tv is lawyers suing the drug companies if someone has died or gotten sick using that drug.......
Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to sue any government agency.
According to my wife that is because of something called "government immunity".

LadyTexun

Feb 6, 2010
San Marcos, Texas
Why not just give yourself a 'gift' Visa card?? You can use it anywhere a credit card can be used, put however much money on it you want, and it can be replenished whenever you and for however much you want. My bank sells them, I've sent them to my daughter and g'daughter for Christmas before. Only problem I encountered was it had to be replenished at the place of purchase... my bank... my daughter is in Ohio :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread