Travel and Vaping PCC and Airport Security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Joe

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Floss Angeles
I just don't want to put any electronics in my check in due to past experiences. I am actually bringing 9 batteries, 15 atomizers, Kingston battery back up, PCC, 3 chargers, 18 carts and some liquids (under 1oz a piece of course). all in a neatly organized dart business case.

I know none of these items are Federally banned. i'm more worried about the PCC . . . I could only imagine what that would look like in an X-ray machine.

Thanks in advance.

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2009
    Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
    @Joe

yeah, closest there is:

However:
    TSA | Transportation Security Administration | 3-1-1 on Air Travel

And of course, the way these are (non) labelled, it's essentially 'mystery liquid,' so am wondering if anyone's been hassled over 'mystery fluid' when doing a carry-on, etc?

I carry 2 - 30ml bottles of juice in my carry-on baggie. 3 or 4 bottles in my baggie are unlabeled. (1 juice, 1 shaving lotion, etc.)

TSA is just smoke & mirrors to make a flier feel safe. They watch the 3oz rule closely, but have no idea what is inside the bottles.

Feel safe now?
    When it comes to airline safety, we're all on our own.

Joe Joe

ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2009
    Floss Angeles
    i have email and gotten response from TSA and the FAA which in theirs basic it says it is up to the airport,airline,security screen er independently as to weather they are allowed or not in each of the respective places ,building,airplane,and so on

What do they mean by "allowed"? Allowed to USE or allowed to CARRY ON?

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 20, 2008
    Malaga, Spain
    Has anybody actually had a problem bringing any e-cigs or e-cig accessories on a plane? Like I said, I'm most worried about he PCC.

Does this answer your question?:D

ptjd-albums-israel-picture1005-out-chicago.jpg

Joe Joe

ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2009
    Floss Angeles
    haha that's crazy, you plan to vape on the plane? I would be too scared to... I always feel like I am doing something wrong, I already get bad looks doing it in the car with my kids in the back.

Do you remember when smoking was allowed on planes? Now we're too scared to even use a "smoking replacement device"! LOL. How times have changed. Are we concerned with our fellow passengers, or worried about being caught for doing nothing wrong? Most people will say we're concerned with our neighbor just to save face in a public forum, but just a few years ago, nobody gave a **** about our neighbor. Now that we're completely brainwashed to cater to our neighbors and not ourselves, we're living in fear of doing what we truly enjoy with no public side effects.

That being said, I prob won't vape on the plane. It's not that long of a flight and no need to make anybody "jealous" . . . but I have to admit, I like attention, good and bad, and the e-cig is definitely something that attracts attention. Sorry for the tangent, but even negative attention to the e-cig is great b/c you're more likely to get approached by somebody with a negative disposition by your satisfaction and inquire about your e-cig. They may come with a bitter disposition regarding your PV, but they will depart with an inquiring mind. So, in retrospect, by vaping in public, you may actually be doing somebody a favor. :)

Chances are, most peole aren't concerned with their health when you smoke around them, they are more concerned that you are doing something you're not supposed to be doing and they can't. Most people are mad that somebody else has the audacity to do something they don't have the balls to do and has to rain on everybody's parades. Well, my parade will not be canceled, it's on rain or shine. Instead of trying to cancel my parade, go start one of your own. :)

Last edited:

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 20, 2008
    Malaga, Spain
    Looks like the picture was taken on board. Did you have any problem at all?
    Between J Davis, Riaflt25 and I we fly quite a lot, I've been vaping since last Sept. and have traveled to Europe, Middle East and Asia with my equipment. No problems so far getting through TSA/Security. Now Vaping on board is a hit or miss.
    I usually vape discreetly without any problems, Riaflt usually asks a F/A and Jim just goes to the Lav to Vape.
    Read some of the threads here on the travel forums.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2009
    Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
    That being said, I prob won't vape on the plane.

It's best that it you vape on a plane, you do it privately in the lav. Blow the fog into the sink drain. Most airlines have banned e-cig use on flights. This don't mean you can't take them aboard, you just can't use them.

kathyst

ECF Veteran
    Jun 9, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    i have email and gotten response from TSA and the FAA which in theirs basic it says it is up to the airport,airline,security screen er independently as to weather they are allowed or not in each of the respective places ,building,airplane,and so on

lordmage, OMG, I love your avatar!! Old Spock-freak that I am.

And to stay on topic, all of this about travel is most interesting. I said elsewhere, I've traveled a lot when smoking analogs, and I'll be glad to not go through the major hassle of getting outside, going through security again, etc., etc. (Though I'm good at going for hours on flights without nicotine per se -- just used to it. I would NOT be okay, though, if I ever fly to Europe again or something like that.) And as to what to pack, what to carry on, this is good info here on how to arrange for our e-cig-stuff.

I wonder...can one soak some paper of some kind -- nice hemp paper or some such -- with our e-juice and suck on that? Someone here mentioned a drop on the tongue, but that seems not too safe to me.

kathy

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread