PCC and PassThrough = weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
So I plugged in my VK PCC to charge, and while that I had my VK pass through plugged in as usual. When PCC is charging my pass through is really weak, and when ever I take a hit the PCC red light dims.. its weird.

Anyone else have similar experience? Or is this just my laptop?

Heh, my laptop won't even power any USB devices, including the PCC and PT and, well, any USB device that needs power. won't recharge mp3 players, etc. That you get anything at all makes you lucky.

So, no, I don't have the same problem, I have a worse one hehe.

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
So I plugged in my VK PCC to charge, and while that I had my VK pass through plugged in as usual. When PCC is charging my pass through is really weak, and when ever I take a hit the PCC red light dims.. its weird.

Anyone else have similar experience? Or is this just my laptop?

It's probably your laptop. You may be stressing the laptop's power supply, just a tad. If anything else is plugged in that can be disconnected, try doing that.

Zen_Brew

Verified Member
Oct 6, 2009
Seattle
Yeah you are just over drawing your USB power. The USB ports are made to power devices that often do not draw a lot of power, and I'd guess the PCC and the charger both have moderate to high power requirements.

You can go to Fry's, or most electronics places and get a variable voltage plug in power adapter that has a USB port fairly cheaply these days. That way you can run your PCC off a plug in adapter and use your pass through without the heavy drain on your USB port.

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
You can get a powered USB HUB pretty cheap at any place that sells computers. Any single USB port on a PC or laptop can only draw 500ma and if have 2 ports on the laptop that are on the same "internal" HUB that would be a problem since the HUB shares that load. Most current generation desktops and some laptops have multiple internal HUBs so changing ports and getting it on a different HUB might solve the problem. The 500ma applies to all the ports on a HUB, not the port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread