PCC is coming up on 1 year, still going strong... How are other's holding up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I'm trying to decide whether to by a new PCC. I bought 2 kits last January. I am still getting 8 charges out of them, well on one anyway, I'm still checking the 2nd one, and it is the one I use the least. I think when they were new I got 10 charges out of them.

I'm wondering if others have lasted this long or am I just lucky...
I do use other devices, but the Eroll is my computer ecig, restaurant/bar ecig, yard ecig...

Thinking about jumping on the current sales. Maybe just buy a new kit. Any input?

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I have used my one white kit for a very long time. I can't remember when I got it, but not long after they were released. I just used the one eRoll battery all that time. About a month ago my eRoll battery got damaged when I used a fake head from FastTech. Can't swear it was related, but almost 99% sure.

Anyways, then I decided to stock up on some spare batteries, another kit (black this time), some heads, and two of those leather extender cases, that I've been coveting since I first saw them. One for each PCC. I love them so much! I carry both with me when I go out.

Then a friend here in Hanoi started seriously eyeing and drooling over my black PCC with case. I couldn't bear to part with it. Seriously I would rather have given away my Provari or iTaste VTR, than part my black eRoll lol. Finally I felt so bad, I ordered a black kit with leather case from Joyetech UK to be posted home, where someone will get it and bring it when they come. Postage direct to Vietnam is too troublesome and risky.

If you love the eRoll like you say, and can get a good price - go for it!

Amy87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
IN, USA
I'm trying to decide whether to by a new PCC.

Their Cyber Monday sale is over, but MT Baker Vapor still has the white PCC for $23.99, thats an awesome price even without the sale. Rocky Mountain Vapor has full kits (with two cones) for $60, and their sale is still going on (20%) so you'd get a whole kit for $45.00, and they do free shipping on that as well. I'm sitting here impatiently waiting on my kit from RMV and my extra charger from MBV. With the sales and extra discounts I got at the time I'm ending up with a full starter kit and an extra PCC for a total of about $64. Merry Christmas to me! LOL

Its kind of buried on their site, so heres the direct link to MBV's white charger case

http://www.mtbakervapor.com/e-cig-starter-kits/joyetech-starter-kits/joyetech-eroll-starter-kits/eroll-pcc-personal-charging-case/

Last edited:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
The way I use the PCC, I'm not a good example. I charge with it plugged in and charge all the batts I'm taking out at one sitting so don't know how many charges I normally get and I don't use the eroll as often as I used to. I'm at home most of the time and fell in love with the new Joye CCs but I have two PCCS still going strong and one kit still in the box. IMHO you just can't have enough backups. I just ordered two 5 packs of attys on BF as I use them in both setups. To my mind, one can never have enough attys just in case.

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
I think I may have just killed my PCC after 6 months use. It is the only PV I've been using since I got it so I'm bound to kill it faster than those that use others. All of a sudden the battery wasn't lasting as long, so I grabbed a new battery, and now there's no flavor, so I grabbed a new atty. The battery seems a bit better, but the flavor's still gone. I ordered a spare PCC on a coop, but then DH started using it, so now I'm puffing away trying to get some kind of flavor while I check the status of my order from Ecigs Plus every twenty minutes. I never realize how much TH matters to me until it's gone. lol If anyone can think of what else it might be besides the PCC undercharging the batts, I'm all ears. I think I've tried all other variables though.

Hulip

Sep 30, 2013
Jersey
My Ovale Emini PCC started acting up a couple of days ago. Only had it for 2 months. Just sent it back to them. It would stay green when plugged in and then when unplugged and I tried to charge any of my batteries it would turn red. Also noticed that sometimes it would go red/green blinking when plugging it in again.... and... then it started working normally again!! I sent it back anyway because it was still under warranty and didn't sound right to Ovale.

Just ordered an Eroll PCC from MTB on Cyber Monday for cheap so that will be my backup!! So now I will have both haha.. same thing really so I am assuming it will work just fine with my Emini battery.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Thanks all. I ordered a couple of new batteries. Couldn't pass up the 25% off. I think I'll hold off on the PCC replacement for awhile. Maybe catch the next sale.
Dragonbone, I think we got ours about the same time. I'm glad you like the case. I don't want anything else to open. I took the lid off of one of mine so I wouldn't have to mess with it.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Thanks all. I ordered a couple of new batteries. Couldn't pass up the 25% off. I think I'll hold off on the PCC replacement for awhile. Maybe catch the next sale.
Dragonbone, I think we got ours about the same time. I'm glad you like the case. I don't want anything else to open. I took the lid off of one of mine so I wouldn't have to mess with it.
What? You removed the lid on your PCC? Why?

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
^ You can get tiny stickons at hobby/craft stores used mostly to make jewelry and there are textured labels also. One right over the Eroll PCC arrow would help when driving. Browse @ Hobby Lobby, Michaels Crafts or even Walmart in craft, school and office supplies.

This works ... :thumbs:

Used an inspection arrow marker from here at work, stuck it on over the arrow, it adds just enough thicknes to make it easy to find the lid slot, without interfering with the case cover. Now I can open the PCC blind every time, and didn't have to sacrifice the flip lid ...

Muchas gracias ! :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread