Pediatricians say no e-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
This is a pretty radical proposal. Last paragraph nails e-cigs.

The AAP recommends bans on tobacco advertising in all media, and restrictions on the depiction of tobacco in movies and television. In addition to laws banning the sale of tobacco products to children, the AAP calls for bans on candy cigarettes, cigars, and other products that imitate smoking or tobacco use. E-cigarettes (electronic cigarettes) should also be banned. The sale of tobacco products on the same premises as pharmacies should be eliminated, including pharmacies located in supermarkets.

AAP Calls For Tobacco-Free Environments For All Children

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Many other groups have said it's somehow not right to sell cigarettes at the front of a store that sells cancer meds at the rear.

But, where is the convieniance?

But I love how they just mention e-cigs in passing. Just tossed it in there like just another robot organization that can't think for themselves.

No wonder this country is going to Hell. Nobody can think for themselves anymore.

(God, how I miss the days when a new dad could just pass out cigars to his friends at the birth of their son or daughter. They won't even let you pass out electronic ones. :()

Last edited:

jerrydon10

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I know this is a serious thread, but I must comment. My girlfriend from NJ was down awhile ago and noticed a hospice next door to a funeral home with a graveyard in the back. She cracked up.

I said, "Yep, in Missouri we are totally into convenience."

Same attitude as the pharmacies. ;)

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
It's been said before...
There are people, like myself, who are nicotine addicts.
Their bodies/brains have been programmed not to function normally without it.
If someone would have kicked my behind to a new location near my shoulder blades, MAYBE I would not have started smoking at 15, but I did. You cannot reason with certain hardheaded people.
Now there is something that is likely 1000 times less harmful to me and those around me than smoking cigarettes, and they have to but/.... in (pun?) and give a blanket rejection of even the slightest possibility that vaping is a satisfactory replacement for the cigarettes they know will kill us one way or another.
Makes me want to puke.

VinnieVapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Near Montreal QC
Here in Quebec (probably the same in other provinces) pharmacies had to stop selling cigarettes for many years. It only make sense to me.

They recently introduce a new law and now cigarettes must be hidden in every store. You cannot see the packs ! You have to know what you want. This is also a good move. Feel free to differ.

Last edited:

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
Maybe all of the tobacco farmers can switch to the other smokeable leafy plant which seems to get less restricted day to day and is becoming more accepted by the medical community for treatment of all kinds of maladies. Not that it would treat my malady. Think I'll get banned for hinting at *it*? I'm speaking strictly of medically approved usage.

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
Do-gooders in the cult of holier than thou that attempt to adopt omnipotent powers to dictate behavior ultimately end up ignored and the cult dissipates. The sooner the better in my book! :)

You are absolutely right. They are cultist. Logic, reasoning, and facts have no effect on their obsessions. Very much like the same global warming cultists, worshiping their idols in the face of another ice age. Besides they really don't want the smokers to get off so easily with e-cigs. There are great plans to keep them for a bit to pay for the socialized healthcare along with gun owners and any other targets of the cult.

Furius

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
If only they were as concerned about children using alcohol as they were about them smoking. In high school, I was one of maybe 30 people in my whole graduating class that smoked cigarettes and it was wildly unpopular. However, I would wager that 90 percent of my graduating class engaged in alcohol use. .XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXI wish they would approach off of this stuff the same way they approach sex education. They contend over and over again that most young people will engage in sexual behavior, so it is best to promote safety over abstinence. If only they viewed my electronic smoking in the same way. I guess diseases like Aids, Herpes, and HPV aren't as high on the list as lung cancer. I just want some damn consistency.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter3783

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
North Carolina
I've heard that a few gas stations around my neck of the woods sold e-cigs at one point. I've been looking recently and have found no trace of them.

And it all does come down to profit...tobacco companies pay those in power to restrict/eliminate competition.

I'm new to e-cigs and this forum. I've been vaping for less than a week and haven't touched a cigarette since I began. Already I feel like I've finally been released by the hold traditional tobacco cigarettes had on me, and it feels wonderful. And I know I'm addicted to nicotine, but at least I'm not inhaling thousands of harmful and toxic chemicals.

My guess is that most people who are anti-ecigs don't know what it's like to have your life ruled by tobacco cigs, and how free it feels to get away from them with the help of e-cigs.

JamieJ

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Washington State
Thank you Furius! I was thinking the same thing. If only people would be as concerned with youth drinking alcohol. In my smaller town in washington they sell alcohol in the pharmacy and in open site in most grocery stores. Seriously, the dangers and costs to our society being under the influence of alcohol seems much more dangerous to me than being under the influence of nicotine. Also what about the dangers and national epidemic of obesity in children? Will they hide candy bars and cheetos? I just dont get the logic.

jwood

Oct 10, 2009
Already I feel like I've finally been released by the hold traditional tobacco cigarettes had on me, and it feels wonderful. And I know I'm addicted to nicotine, but at least I'm not inhaling thousands of harmful and toxic chemicals.

My guess is that most people who are anti-ecigs don't know what it's like to have your life ruled by tobacco cigs, and how free it feels to get away from them with the help of e-cigs.

Amen, almost to four weeks here... feels great! btw I dare you to go try and smoke an analog after a week on e-cigs... I tried it and lasted 2 hits before i put it out in disgust lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread