Penelope vapor production

Status
Not open for further replies.

s1mp3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Croatia
What determines vapor production on Penelope?
I have Penelope for a month or so and after 20+ setups until now I just can't manage to get vapor production as seen on many reviews :(
Right now I have setup with 0.15 NiCr, 1.7 Ohm with double 3mm fiber wick. Coils wrapped around a paper clip, left enough air.
I'm vaping 50:50 juice. I wrap negative wire around wick in channel.
I've tried everything, 0.15, 0.16, 0.17 and 0.20 NiCr, from 1.3 to 2.5 Ohms.
I use Penelope on Provari V2 and GP Piccolo.
What ever I do vapor seems thin.
Does anyone know what could be the problem?
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my thumb

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
how far apart are your coil wraps? The closer they are together the more heat it will produce in one spot. Just a thought.

Nextel may not be the best choice in wick options...but that is just my opinion. a lot of people like it. Just keep in mind that it has not been tested and approved for vaping. (as far as I know).

KTaylor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2011
Cape Coral, FL
Is your draw tight, medium or airy after you get it all set up? If too tight loosen a little till medium....don't open your juice control, mouthpiece, till you notice heavier vapor, then open just a bit. I had the same problem and I found that medium draw, little on the control helped greatly. Also, the new coil I made I used 2 pieces of 3mm wick, one long for the channels and one short doubled in the ceramic with the wire wrapped around both (obviously) but not tight. 3 wraps of A1 kanthal 32 gave me a 1.7ohm. At 4.2 on the provari its now giving me much more vapor. Just takes some experimenting so don't get frustrated. I went through 4 wicks till I got it going. They also get better once youve run a tank through them and let the coil break in good. Hope this helps....I know it can get frustrating but it's soooooooo worth it!!

Beco

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
Istra
That won't fix it beco more air gives you more vapor.

Not true-more air will give you more TH and thin vapor
With 510/510 adapter you make draw tighter, less airy which produces heavy and thick vapor.
s1mp3 try it and tell us result-you don't have to make new coil just put adapter-it looks ugly but works

s1mp3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Croatia
With 510/510 adapter you make draw tighter, less airy which produces heavy and thick vapor.
s1mp3 try it and tell us result-you don't have to make new coil just put adapter-it looks ugly but works

Thank's Beco, I've tried that and the result is the same :(

Could the problem be in fiber?
I've bought 3mm fiber at e-smokeguru together with Penelope.

Sent from my thumb

Beco

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2012
Istra
Try to wrap coils without paperclip.
Also video would be helpful-maybe you are expecting too much from Penelope
Also on videos vapor production looks better then it actually is.
I bet your problem is in airy draw-if you hear high whistle when vaping this is your problem.
Try to put positive post less then 0,5mm out from the base-make it only to have a contact with a mod on your next setup. This should fix it.
When you put adapter screw it first on Penelope and then on mod and try it

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
2 wicks topical
1,2 ohms coil
close coils around the wick
0,15 R wire
Thats my perfect combination S1
Thank's Beco, I've tried that and the result is the same :(

Could the problem be in fiber?
I've bought 3mm fiber at e-smokeguru together with Penelope.

Sent from my thumb

urquidezj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Tucson AZ

Dont wanna make it an argument but what you are saying is opposite to what really happens. Rebuildables love air, and from the extensive setups I find a more airy draw the best as far as creating a thick plume.

s1mp3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Croatia
We should meet simpe, maybe I can help you out.

Thank you, my friend!
I'm always for good advice over a few beers :)
I'm returning from vacation in about two weeks and then we could meet.
Or if your path gets you on the island of Pag let me know. They've got beer also ;)

Sent from my thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread