Status
Not open for further replies.

R53_Dave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
USA
Finally got my 3x Penelope's today.

2x Penelope's are missing the control nut that holds the atomizer section in place with the base. This missing will cause all sorts of issues. I know this part is suppose to be included!

I'm trying to maintain a sense of humor about all this, but I'm getting a little ....... Close to $500 in tanks and only 1 of 4 came complete.

:evil:

Edit: removed issue with o-ring as they don't exist on the Penelope. Sorry about that. The control nuts are still missing though.

Last edited:

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
The penelope came with three o-rings total and the videos on the internet of the assembly confirm this. Imeo's post on the GG forum also only shows three o-rings total on the penelope. I don't believe there should be one in the ceramic based on that.

Should be one on the bottom of the post. One on the bottom part of the tank and one on the top part of the tank.

As far as the rest of it goes...that's not good :(

R53_Dave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
USA
The penelope came with three o-rings total and the videos on the internet of the assembly confirm this. Imeo's post on the GG forum also only shows three o-rings total on the penelope. I don't believe there should be one in the ceramic based on that.

Should be one on the bottom of the post. One on the bottom part of the tank and one on the top part of the tank.

If the o-rings are not part of the design then 3 out of 4 of my tanks came missing parts.

HighPlainsDrifter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2011
Coosaw

I'm pretty sure that there are four total: Two on the bottom of the post (an upper that gets lubrication, and a lower that seals the hole in the bottom cap). And then each cap has one additional ring.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Make sure you submit a CS ticket if you haven't already about the missing rings. I know Bruce and Justin will get you sorted out. Mistakes were bound to happen considering the sheer amount of units they had to assemble and ship, but CoV has always been quick to make things right in my experience

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
I'm pretty sure that there are four total: Two on the bottom of the post (an upper that gets lubrication, and a lower that seals the hole in the bottom cap). And then each cap has one additional ring.

That one isn't an o-ring, it's a plastic washer. Assuming you are referring to the insulator between the center pin and ceramic housing, just above where you put your positive wire. The o-rings on Penelope are around the bottom of the center pin, around the base where the tank body screws on and in the top cap.

If I misunderstood your post, no offense was intended by my response :)

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles

Yep you are correct. I missed the second one on the bottom post. It can clearly be seen at 7:19 of this video( The Golden Greek Teil 11: Die Penelope - YouTube).

That is TOTALLY my bad. Mine came pre-assembled. In review of Imeo's post there are three different sizes of o-rings.

I'm actually not entirely sure I have this o-ring either but the device is performing well so I assume it's in there and I didn't notice it. When my juice runs out I'll take a look.

Sorry guys I wasn't trying to spread mis information. Just getting tired of sitting here and refreshing pages for parts.

Edit:

Or as Killjoy1 says, perhaps that's not considered an o-ring but instead it's a plastic washer. I think that's were the confusion came from. Either way...it should be there as per the above video.

Last edited:

HighPlainsDrifter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2011
Coosaw
That one isn't an o-ring, it's a plastic washer. Assuming you are referring to the insulator between the center pin and ceramic housing, just above where you put your positive wire. The o-rings on Penelope are around the bottom of the center pin, around the base where the tank body screws on and in the top cap.

If I misunderstood your post, no offense was intended by my response :)
No worries. That plastic washer looks like a tiny o-ring to my old eyes. Thanks for clearing that up.

JthaBigVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Florida
  • Deleted by JthaBigVapor

sportyfortyeight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
dfw,texas,usa
as the site was down i realized the 2 pennys i had ordered got here today. mail lady must of missed it the first time around. i went to get them and took them apart and BOTH are missing the small washer between the housing and the top of the post.. ticket put in and hope they can get them to me with the order from tonight.. sucks i cant use them yet but i know bruce will take care of it im sure

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
I took it apart and it's there. I had a hell of a time getting the bottom cup out of the base piece. Took me a long time before I clamped it with some rubber clamps and managed to get the cup holder unscrewed out of the base. I have no clue why it jammed up like that. No damage to anything but I'm at a loss as to why it jammed like that. I can't recreate it without wick or wire in the unit and I'm at a total loss. Might ask on the GG forum if no one answers here under my Penelope coil question.

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
I really still don't know how the sticking issue was caused but it's not a problem anymore. I had the ceramic cup holder about half way out of the bottom assembly when it completely jammed. I finally got it the rest of the way but it was rough. There is no thread damage(my fingers are another story). At this point I assume there was a burr in the threads of the bottom assembly or of the ceramic cup holder. I had burrs on the wire nut as well and those took a while to work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread