The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

People are throwing Juuls out windows to quit

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by iVapeDIY, Sep 12, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Last I checked you can get juul pods in 3% or 5%.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. RedForeman

RedForeman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2010
    Georgia
    That's harsh, unless the atomizer is so crappy you'd have to run it non-stop to get the volume produced by better atomizers. I had to go to 36mg juice on an old eGo type A to quit for good, and I'd have to put that down often to keep from getting sick from it. I buy 26mg now in a RTA and it hits the spot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dr. Seuss

Dr. Seuss Super Member

Jul 15, 2019
    They bring to a conscious reality an example of the perfect lap dog “ideal” so it’s present in people’s minds who don’t necessarily think about these things. It’s the perfect “how they should act” to plaster all over your evening news.

Kevin Burns is a sell out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    That's the same response I get from kids.
    They are vaping for the nic buzz, doesn't matter what the flavor is.
    Yet some news reports are saying kids don't know there is nicotine in them, they vape for the flavors...:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Big Orange

Big Orange Full Member

Jul 7, 2019
    True. Some are doing it for a buzz, some to look cool, and some are doing it for social acceptance reasons. I seriously doubt very many are using a Juul because it’s so delicious. It’s not. Even the “good” flavors are kind of gross.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. AttyPops

AttyPops Yeah, I type stuff. ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    These kids go to school with bullet proof backpacks, face typical school stresses, and then internet bullies when they get home, in an economy where they'll be worse off than their parents. Nic is an anti-anxiety drug. Flavors shmavors.

Just say'n.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  7. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I don't say this often, and I haven't had the chance to yet but man I hate people. ALL of them, the lemmings the violators, the criminals, the kingpins.

I hate the smart people that exploit them lemmings, and I hate the lemmings.... For being lemmings.

Perhaps I should keep my eye out at busy intersections for discarded Juuls. I'm sure they will be worth something someday.

Oh wait, I live on the edge of the world there is no busy intersections.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. iVapeDIY

iVapeDIY Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Juul says it will keep running 'Make the Switch' ad campaign despite FDA concerns

But despite a letter the Food and Drug Administration sent Juul CEO Kevin Burns expressing that unease, the company doesn't seem too worried.

Juul, which announced its "Make the Switch" campaign in January, told CNBC through a spokesman that it plans to continue running the spots for now and already bought ads for the next month or so as it reviews the FDA's letter.

Essentially asking the FDA to 'bring it on'. Just the kind of defiant attitude the vaping community needs right now.:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  9. sailorman

sailorman Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2010
    Podunk, FLA
    I do. It's not like he's a studious or intellectually curious person. He'll tell you he knows more about vaping and the economics of vaping than anyone, but what he really knows is whatever Melania is telling him and what he sees on Fox News. If he did know, he probably wouldn't care anyway for the reasons you stated and the rest of your post is correct.
    Regardless, if he's making decisions like this based on trusting his "best people" because he's too intellectually lazy to do a half hour briefing or to read something, he's doing it wrong anyway and I don't feel sorry for him either.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  10. sailorman

Jun 5, 2010
    Podunk, FLA
    Given the fairly small volume of vapor a Juul produces, 50mg isn't as potent as it sounds. I quit smoking 10 years ago on 24mg and could have gone much higher if salts had been around then. Now I normally do 3-6mg but with 10X the vapor and juice consumption of the old 24mg cigalikes. At work, i do 48mg nic salts in a pod device cuz I'm still a couple years short of retirement and need the stealth. But it doesn't give me the spins like it would if I vaped in in a RDA.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Georgia Boy

Georgia Boy Super Member

Jun 28, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    He thinks he know's, he will make this ban happen. Whether it gets postponed because of legal challenges is debatable. The Republicans want it the Democrats want it, so where these days, are you going to find a Non Political Judge?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. sailorman

Jun 5, 2010
    Podunk, FLA
    With nic salts, 50mg isn't harsh at all. You're thinking regular e-juice where 50mg would knock out a horse. I don't know how you're doing 36 in a RTA. Before I knew what i was doing, I put my 24mg in a DTL RTA for the first time and almost fell out. If you're doing 36, you're a better man than I. But with salts, I can do 50 easy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. englishmick

englishmick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    You know how when a celebrity or company gets in trouble they hire Crisis Consultants to steer them through. They tell them to "get ahead" of the problem. Confess everything immediately, even the stuff that hasn't come out yet. Be outspoken is condemning whatever it is you are accused of.

It seemed like Juul's CEO had decided to go that way. Leading the charge and praising the FDA for clamping down, getting rid of their own flavors, blasting the rest of the vape industry for not capitulating themselves, etc.

They don't seem to be following the program with these ads though. Maybe BT has already made a deal with the politicians to guarantee Juul's survival or whatever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. AttyPops

AttyPops Yeah, I type stuff. ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    :sneaky:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I think he relied upon the intellectual prowess of that luminary, Dick Durbin. Who could go wrong following him?

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. RedForeman

RedForeman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2010
    Georgia
    You misread. 36 was in an eGo with a Type A (cigar-size) atomizer/cart. When I got an RTA I had to back off immediately. Soon after, I switched suppliers and 26 was the nearest match and satisfied.

Your earlier point about the Juul not producing the vape volume better equipment can confirms what i was getting at. Less of more, if you will.

• Like Like x 1
  17. sailorman

Jun 5, 2010
    Podunk, FLA
    I seriously doubt he consulted Durbin. Maybe he talked with that dingbat governor in Michigan, who outlawed flavors weeks ago.

Considering that Trump's best counsel is himself and he was born already knowing all there is to know about pretty much everything, IMO, outside of his own head, this is primarily Melania's doing, along with the encouragement of whatever sycophant(s) who happened to be hanging around at the moment.
    Whoever's responsible, this is just a knee-jerk reactionary and counterproductive bid for the hysterical soccer mom vote.

Grab a mech mod
    Stockpile nic
    Kommander Kumquat's tiny hands
    Have Trumped your flavor pick

• Like Like x 5
  18. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I doubt that Trump consulted Durbin either. I should have put a "/sarc" tag on that but, honestly, I did not think it necessary, obviously wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  19. sailorman

Jun 5, 2010
    Podunk, FLA
    Ahhh... Gotcha'. But even 26 is pretty stiff for today's RTA's. At least for DTL it would be. Haven't really tried my old 24mg with a good modern MTL atty or tank but i'm pretty sure I'd have to crank it down.

For a long time, I made my own 24mg juice. First time I walked into a B&M vape store in a few years, I was confused why all the juice was 3, 6, 8mg.... I thought, how's this supposed to work? I sure found out when I stuck my regular 24mg into the new Baby Beast tank and tried DTL for the first time. It took me back to age 14 and my first Kool.

• Like Like x 3
  20. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I am going to make this next pay period all about me.

After I have done that, I will voraciously attack, but after I'm okay myself. That is how it has to be when you were facing COPD at 41 years old.

THAT IS A LOT OF NIC. I'm NOT elderly!

Anna

• Like Like x 4