Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Juul says it will keep running 'Make the Switch' ad campaign despite FDA concerns

But despite a letter the Food and Drug Administration sent juul CEO Kevin Burns expressing that unease, the company doesn't seem too worried.

juul, which announced its "Make the Switch" campaign in January, told CNBC through a spokesman that it plans to continue running the spots for now and already bought ads for the next month or so as it reviews the FDA's letter.

Essentially asking the FDA to 'bring it on'. Just the kind of defiant attitude the vaping community needs right now.:facepalm:
Oh noes! They're presenting their product as an alternative to smoking.

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
First time I walked into a B&M vape store in a few years, I was confused why all the juice was 3, 6, 8mg.... I thought, how's this supposed to work?
I had a similar experience. My former supplier has a store a few miles away, but I usually ordered online because nobody has time for that. However, one day I decided to visit. Helping a smoker friend pick something out, if memory serves.

I quickly noted that none of the featured products were available with more than 9 or 12mg. The thick, billowing cloud hanging over the hipsters at the other end of the counter suggested why that was the case, and one of them confirmed it when I asked. That store discontinued anything over 12mg soon after, and lost me as a customer. A real shame, because the flavor I had been re-ordering for years was the bomb.

I suppose I could have bought one of the new 200W kits that could also jump start my truck and stayed with them on the weaker liquid, or just bought nic liquid to liven it up, but that's just not for me.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I had a similar experience. My former supplier has a store a few miles away, but I usually ordered online because nobody has time for that. However, one day I decided to visit. Helping a smoker friend pick something out, if memory serves.

I quickly noted that none of the featured products were available with more than 9 or 12mg. The thick, billowing cloud hanging over the hipsters at the other end of the counter suggested why that was the case, and one of them confirmed it when I asked. That store discontinued anything over 12mg soon after, and lost me as a customer. A real shame, because the flavor I had been re-ordering for years was the bomb.

I suppose I could have bought one of the new 200W kits that could also jump start my truck and stayed with them on the weaker liquid, or just bought nic liquid to liven it up, but that's just not for me.
During the height of the Cloudz, Bro! phase, there were some place that didn't stock anything about 6 mg. That was something of problem for people who wanted to puff rather than huff. However, the pendulum has swung the other way now and as of last year at least, there was plenty of salt-juice out there at up to 48 mg.

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Vaping: 10 college students on their addictions - CNN

Sydney Kinsey, a 21-year-old NYU student, started smoking cigarettes while abroad in London, and her habit intensified on a semester abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina. So to quench her nicotine addiction, she got a Juul in June.

"I could tell that it was making me feel worse body-wise, head-wise. I was getting a lot more anxious, but then also my joints and my lungs hurt more," she said. "I was using it way more than I ever used (cigarettes). Like instead of going out and smoking like a cigarette a day, I was like non-stop Juuling up a storm, which is not fun."

So she quit about a week ago, tossing her Juul in a city trash can so she wouldn't change her mind.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US

elac

Apr 9, 2012
United States
Reactions: stols001

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
When she got home, she grabbed the Juuls out of her stash, turned on the sink, and drenched them in water. She posted the whole ordeal on Instagram Stories, ending the video by tossing a Juul in the trash.

Just as I figured: it's more about the attention than the actual act of quitting.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Wellbutrin is an antidepressant, one that happens to hang out a bit in your nicotinic receptors. I almost accidentally quit the first time I took it (for depression) but I was like, hey, guess I can quit any time and pushed through, I was down to two cigs a day. However, (I TELL EVERYONE THIS) the "quit effect" grows weaker every time you take it, and so don't go thinking you can just relapse and try again.

Some docs were leaving their patients on it long term because if they stopped the cravings returned. I see no problem with this, as long as Wellbutrin agrees with you. For some people, insomnia, panic attacks, etc., can happen. It is an ACTIVATING anti depressant.

Chantix is SIMILAR in that it FOR SURE is designed to sit RIGHT IN your nicotinic receptors and people quit because they get ZERO satisfaction after a while, from a cigarette. That's the idea.

I have no idea how they got it to do that and what ELSE it does, but there are just a few too many reports of psychosis and death and whatnot for me to desire it. Also, every doctor I have seen and asked has responded, "No Anna, I never say this but please don't try Chantix, keep smoking you will live longer."

Keep in mind that doctors are slightly more likely to access the "Negative reports of drugs from doctors, as reported by patients." Doctors are legally required to report adverse effects, although patients are allowed to.

The FDA has been ignoring those reports for some time, because it is smoking, but some doctors who hand it out a bit too much like candy should SINCERELY access those reports and take a family psychiatric history from the patient prior to prescribing it.

They don't though

Anna

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Zyban (Wellbutrin) worked perfectly for me, didn't even think of smoking. When I developed nickel sized welts after a couple days that eventually required steroid treatment, I found out about it's side effects. Chantix only took about two days to give me dreams that I'd wake up from in a cold sweat. I am thankful for vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread