The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

People are throwing Juuls out windows to quit

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by iVapeDIY, Sep 12, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Oh noes! They're presenting their product as an alternative to smoking.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. RedForeman

RedForeman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2010
    Georgia
    I had a similar experience. My former supplier has a store a few miles away, but I usually ordered online because nobody has time for that. However, one day I decided to visit. Helping a smoker friend pick something out, if memory serves.

I quickly noted that none of the featured products were available with more than 9 or 12mg. The thick, billowing cloud hanging over the hipsters at the other end of the counter suggested why that was the case, and one of them confirmed it when I asked. That store discontinued anything over 12mg soon after, and lost me as a customer. A real shame, because the flavor I had been re-ordering for years was the bomb.

I suppose I could have bought one of the new 200W kits that could also jump start my truck and stayed with them on the weaker liquid, or just bought nic liquid to liven it up, but that's just not for me.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    During the height of the Cloudz, Bro! phase, there were some place that didn't stock anything about 6 mg. That was something of problem for people who wanted to puff rather than huff. However, the pendulum has swung the other way now and as of last year at least, there was plenty of salt-juice out there at up to 48 mg.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. iVapeDIY

iVapeDIY Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Vaping: 10 college students on their addictions - CNN

Sydney Kinsey, a 21-year-old NYU student, started smoking cigarettes while abroad in London, and her habit intensified on a semester abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina. So to quench her nicotine addiction, she got a Juul in June.

"I could tell that it was making me feel worse body-wise, head-wise. I was getting a lot more anxious, but then also my joints and my lungs hurt more," she said. "I was using it way more than I ever used (cigarettes). Like instead of going out and smoking like a cigarette a day, I was like non-stop Juuling up a storm, which is not fun."

So she quit about a week ago, tossing her Juul in a city trash can so she wouldn't change her mind.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. AttyPops

AttyPops Yeah, I type stuff. ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Whatever works for her, eh?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. iVapeDIY

iVapeDIY Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Probably lots of free Juul hardware now in NYC dumpsters.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Most people don't know Chantix is not a new med made for smoker... it's an anti-depressant that's been around a long time (I think it's called "wellbutrin":
    https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-13509/wellbutrin-oral/details

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    OK, I may have been wrong (I was quoting someone else before I checked it out) It's SIMILAR to wellbutrin.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. AttyPops

Supporting member
    You should put out a bin for them in your area, and collect batteries.....toss the pods. ;) :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. elac

elac Full Member

Apr 9, 2012
    United States
    Chantix and Wellbutrin are two different drugs. Wellbutrin actually works better for some people.

• Like Like x 1
  11. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Just as I figured: it's more about the attention than the actual act of quitting.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Wellbutrin is an antidepressant, one that happens to hang out a bit in your nicotinic receptors. I almost accidentally quit the first time I took it (for depression) but I was like, hey, guess I can quit any time and pushed through, I was down to two cigs a day. However, (I TELL EVERYONE THIS) the "quit effect" grows weaker every time you take it, and so don't go thinking you can just relapse and try again.

Some docs were leaving their patients on it long term because if they stopped the cravings returned. I see no problem with this, as long as Wellbutrin agrees with you. For some people, insomnia, panic attacks, etc., can happen. It is an ACTIVATING anti depressant.

Chantix is SIMILAR in that it FOR SURE is designed to sit RIGHT IN your nicotinic receptors and people quit because they get ZERO satisfaction after a while, from a cigarette. That's the idea.

I have no idea how they got it to do that and what ELSE it does, but there are just a few too many reports of psychosis and death and whatnot for me to desire it. Also, every doctor I have seen and asked has responded, "No Anna, I never say this but please don't try Chantix, keep smoking you will live longer."

Keep in mind that doctors are slightly more likely to access the "Negative reports of drugs from doctors, as reported by patients." Doctors are legally required to report adverse effects, although patients are allowed to.

The FDA has been ignoring those reports for some time, because it is smoking, but some doctors who hand it out a bit too much like candy should SINCERELY access those reports and take a family psychiatric history from the patient prior to prescribing it.

They don't though

Anna

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    Yeah, when my dentist (not kidding) offered me Chantix to quit, I was so leery of it that I declined. Too many reports of weird dreams, depression, and negative effects on mental health.

• Like Like x 1
  14. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Zyban (Wellbutrin) worked perfectly for me, didn't even think of smoking. When I developed nickel sized welts after a couple days that eventually required steroid treatment, I found out about it's side effects. Chantix only took about two days to give me dreams that I'd wake up from in a cold sweat. I am thankful for vaping.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. AttyPops

Supporting member
    ^^^ It's not funny, but it's funny-snarky. Good for you.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Toronnah

Toronnah Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2012
    Canada
    My only answer to this throwing a Juul out the window is:
    No. No they're not.

17. MrStik

MrStik Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2013
    SoCal
    Are Juuls like the White Claw of the vaping world?