People ordering OEM mods from China and selling as their own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
I swear I smell a scam going on. I've seen this style mod over and over again. Tell me it doesn't look exactly like the unmarked Copper Caravela:

"The One" Copper Mod by KL Mods – Advanced Vapors 808, LLC

This is just an example. I've seen a lot of these now where it pretty much looks the same, but has a different logo or markings on it.

Are people just ordering OEM from China and passing it off as their own creations? For $200 and more? And people are falling for this?? Sure seems like it.

Last edited:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I swear I smell a scam going on. I've seen this style mod over and over again. Tell me it doesn't look exactly like the unmarked Copper Caravela:

"The One" Copper Mod by KL Mods – Advanced Vapors 808, LLC

This is just an example. I've seen a lot of these now where it pretty much looks the same, but has a different logo or markings on it.

Are people just ordering OEM from China and passing it off as their own creations? For $200 and more? And people are falling for this?? Sure seems like it.
Nothing new.
You don't really believe these "limited runs" are made in garage shops do you?
Why so ya think it takes months between production runs?
Overseas shipping takes time.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Nothing new.
You don't really believe these "limited runs" are made in garage shops do you?
Why so ya think it takes months between production runs?
Overseas shipping takes time.

Very well could be.

I've had the opportunity to use a CNC on something FAR more complex and demanding of precision than any mech.
They are fast and clean.

Only reason I can fathom for ltd ed with slow turn around on boutique mechs is to keep up the exclusive mystique and support the high asking price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread