People with child avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston George

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Rochester, NY
There are a fair number of people with avatars on the ECF that depict children smoking. Personally I appreciate them for their rather ironic nature.

However, I firmly believe that we must give neither regulators nor crazy-anit-smoking-nutjobs any easy mud to throw.

They are screaming "the flavors are for kids" or "E-cigs are toys for kids" and other such nonsense.

I like the avatars but until we get out of this legal viper pit, lets keep them less edgy?

Just my thoughts...

vape on,
-BG

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I will be happy to get rid of my child aviator, even though it does not depict a child smoking. It does depict my current feelings for all who are involved with anti-smoking and depicts my feelings for the "for the children" campaigns. What I refuse to do is cower to those people and change myself or my aviator becaue it might "offend" an anti smoker. I WANT to offend anti smokers.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Sherid, I share many of your sentiments about anti-smoking zealots. Many. But it is a very offensive avatar -- aimed at all on this forum, not at anti-smokers. Reserve your ire for them. I'm glad this was brought up and you will change it. It taints your messages. An ugly child giving the viewer the finger is not how I perceive you.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
Sherid, I share many of your sentiments about anti-smoking zealots. Many. But it is a very offensive avatar -- aimed at all on this forum, not at anti-smokers. Reserve your ire for them. I'm glad this was brought up and you will change it. It taints your messages. An ugly child giving the viewer the finger is not how I perceive you.
It is in how we perceive things. This is an ugly campaign or war we are waging. The child represents that war. My ire is my ire, and I have seen many avitars that were offensive to me. The child is not directed at forum members but at those who seek to oppress. I have heard some discussions that were offensive to me and some attitudes that I vehemently oppose. Yet, I did not bring it up.

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
I changed my aviator, but I am not liking this at all. A forum is a place of free expression. It is not a place for others to decide for me how to express myself.

The problem with that is that this is a private forum owned by Smokey Joe. If SJ does not want any photos of children he is entitled to make that request.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
The problem with that is that this is a private forum owned by Smokey Joe. If SJ does not want any photos of children he is entitled to make that request.

SJ did not ask me to take it off. In fact, no one specifically asked me to take this one off. The post was about child avitars depicting smoking. Mine did not do that. However, I am not really into censorship, but if people want to create a ratings system for avitars, then let's do that. Should we use G, PG, and R?

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
What is with all this hand slapping? I am a (f word + ing) adult, thanks anyway.
This is ridiculous. I refuse to cop out and now want to go find an avatar depicting children pee ...... on people who think they are so dumb that they cant make good choices for themselves. Come on.
Well there are apparently two of us who feel that way.

Boston George

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Rochester, NY
sherid

Firstly I thought your avatar was fine. Awesome actually.

This is ridiculous. I refuse to cop out and now want to go find an avatar depicting children pee ...... on people who think they are so dumb that they cant make good choices for themselves. Come on.

I dont support people being forced to change their avatars. That is why I simply suggested it. We need to stand as a group, we dont need heavy handed action.

That said, you know these anti-smoking nut jobs. What do you think they will say about the ECF?

Kids ...... on things, inst kids smoking.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
sherid

Firstly I thought your avatar was fine. Awesome actually.

I dont support people being forced to change their avatars. That is why I simply suggested it. We need to stand as a group, we dont need heavy handed action.

That said, you know these anti-smoking nut jobs. What do you think they will say about the ECF?

Kids ...... on things, inst kids smoking.
At this time, the thought of those people spying on my conversations and then using them against me makes me want to vomit. We have been denormalized enough, and I am simply refusing to acknowledge them by begging and pleading with them for the right to do whatever the hell I want with my life. We answer their complaints with simple facts, not by bending over and begging. I believe one of ASH's most famous sayings is being in a smokefilled room is like being in the ...... section of a swimming pool. So, they are used to the word pee and all that it implies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread