The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Peppermint/spearmint and plain MINT

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Wildsky, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Wildsky

Wildsky Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2009
    Nebraska
    How do I get these flavors into my juice without using oil?

2. Kate

Kate Moved On

Jun 26, 2008
    UK
  3. Wildsky

Mar 9, 2009
    Nebraska
    I'm not partial to menthol - I prefer the minty tastes. I've seen plenty sites selling Mint or spearmint etc.. how do they produce those without using the oils?
    I'd love to make my own mints, I just don't want to mess up my lungs or my atomizers.

4. breakfastchef

breakfastchef Moved On

Feb 12, 2009
    if you previously smoked analogs, I would not be all too concerned about how the mint-flavored juices are made. Most that I have tried are more a 'hint of mint' than a real rush of mint flavors. But, people have different tastes, so what I think is wek is very strong to others. The only e-juice company that has actually had their product properly tested is Totally Wicked. They sell a spearmint product. I have a bottle right now. It is ok, but not overly minty.

5. Wildsky

Mar 9, 2009
    Nebraska
    I have the mint juice from thesmokelessshop (katy) and I really like it, very mild but fresh tasting... goes well with a cup of coffee or anything else really.

I just bought some spearmint as well from one of the other suppliers, I'm hoping its a true spearmint, I know I'll love that.

I would love to be able to mix it up myself - with 100ml of unflavoured heading my way!

6. Kate

Kate Moved On

Jun 26, 2008
    UK
    Maybe you could use some fresh mint leaves and leave them soaking in eliquid to extract the flavour? I don't know if it can be done like that.

7. Wildsky

Mar 9, 2009
    Nebraska
    I might just try that Kate, perhaps chop em a little or crush the leaves to let the juices out.

8. taukimada

taukimada Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2009
    Tullahoma, Tn
    i made my own spearmint using lorann oil i got at wallyworld...

it's like spearmint crack... and it spearmints up the entire house

did mine somewhat cheaply... squeezed every drop out of all my 901 cartridges into a bottle.. added a little glycerine then added the spearmint oil.. just a few drops.. STRONG

9. Wildsky

Mar 9, 2009
    Nebraska
    which oil flavour exactly and did it kill YOU or your atomizer? (LOL)

10. taukimada

Jan 23, 2009
    Tullahoma, Tn
    i used lorann spearmint oil.. and altho i was scared when i tasted it.. both my atomizer and myself have survived the endeavour :D

11. Wildsky

Mar 9, 2009
    Nebraska
    Thanks Tauki - I'm going to add that next order. I'm tempted to throw in some pineapple as well... Hmmmmmmmmmmm

12. taukimada

Jan 23, 2009
    Tullahoma, Tn
    when ya get a chance.. try the PS pina colada... my brother let me try some today during a visit... it is DA BOMB!!

13. Wildsky

Mar 9, 2009
    Nebraska
    If that has coconut in it I won't like it, coconut makes me think of getting tooooo drunk if you know what I mean.

14. Figurehead

Figurehead Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2009
    Las Vegas Nevada
    See, I myself have been wondering about maybe taking a drop or 2 of mint extract and adding it to some of my Marlboro 36 and seeing how it turns out. It's just alcohol and mint, so no real problems should occur I would think.

ALSO, the grinding up of fresh mint, added to some e-juice, let sit for about a week, strain and use SHOULD work if I understand Alton Brown on the food network. LOL it's called infused oils, and think for e-juice it could work pretty well!

15. WerkIt

WerkIt Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2009
    Try 3-5 drops of Johnson Creek Arctic Mint 0 in your coffee. MMMMMMMM!

16. Wildsky

Mar 9, 2009
    Nebraska
    I'm going to try the mint crushed up and soak it for a while.... when I get my juice!

Werkit - have you check the lorann's site? I bought myself some "raspberry chocolate drops" for my coffee - I can NOT wait!

17. taukimada

Jan 23, 2009
    Tullahoma, Tn

it had a slight HINT of coconut...

tasted more like the store bought bottle of pina colada mix than anything you'd get by having one made fresh

another one would be it tasted like jelly belly jelly beans pina colada

18. WerkIt

WerkIt Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2009
    No, but I am going to try to hunt down glycerine and Lorann's at Michaels' or Hobby Lobby. I want to vape a Reese's.

I'd vape the hell outta that too!

19. secondson2929

secondson2929 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

I have used Loranne's Creme de Minthe. Strong and satisfying. I might try some spearmint next time.

20. rob_x50

rob_x50 Moved On

Mar 16, 2009
    I was about to order the Lorannes Peppermint, spearmint ect until i read the warnings about only using water soluble flavorings. Are these flavorings dangerous to vape or just hard on atty's ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.